The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mags, how old were you when the anorexia started? Did you get treatment?
Around 15 years old. No, I never got treatment. When I almost died in the hospital in September, then I just wised up and started eating ever since. I haven't skipped one day of eating. That's the positive. I'm finally mostly cured. I just need to become financially independent somehow. :crossfingers:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Around 15 years old. No, I never got treatment. When I almost died in the hospital in September, then I just wised up and started eating ever since. I haven't skipped one day of eating. That's the positive. I'm finally mostly cured. I just need to become financially independent somehow. :crossfingers:
M maggiedemi maybe you could take some computer classes in whatever it is you have passion for, or interest in. ♥ :silver: 💃:sunshine:🌺

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Something only other cat lovers would understand:

I have a webcam in the room where I keep the girls’ litter boxes because Lily has issues with both peeing and pooping. So the webcam alerts me when she goes in to do her thing. She never covers either her pee or her poop. (It’s actually kind of handy because I always know which “end” results are hers. :) )

So this morning I watched on the webcam as she peed in one box and then five minutes later, pooped in another. She left the room having covered neither. Mocha was in there, too, watching her carefully.

After Lily left, Mocha went over to examine what Lily had done in box one. You could almost see her shake her head. She climbed into the box and carefully covered the pee. Then she went over to box two and stared at the poop lying on top of the litter. She delicately stepped into the box and covered it over. Her job complete, she ran out of the room.

What I found even funnier was that Mocha didn’t go herself. Apparently she was in there just to tidy up after Lily! My responsible child. :lol:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something only other cat lovers would understand:

I have a webcam in the room where I keep the girls’ litter boxes because Lily has issues with both peeing and pooping. So the webcam alerts me when she goes in to do her thing. She never covers either her pee or her poop. (It’s actually kind of handy because I always know which “end” results are hers. :) )

So this morning I watched on the webcam as she peed in one box and then five minutes later, pooped in another. She left the room having covered neither. Mocha was in there, too, watching her carefully.

After Lily left, Mocha went over to examine what Lily had done in box one. You could almost see her shake her head. She climbed into the box and carefully covered the pee. Then she went over to box two and stared at the poop lying on top of the litter. She delicately stepped into the box and covered it over. Her job complete, she ran out of the room.

What I found even funnier was that Mocha didn’t go herself. Apparently she was in there just to tidy up after Lily! My responsible child. :lol:
Too funny! I've noticed Katrina has done that before and only gone into the litter box to cover up Persia's business, haha. What lovely relationships cats have <3

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sparkle thinks she's covering, bless her soul - she'll spend forever scratching the sides of the box to cover her business, so if it's out in the open, I know it's hers! I do't think Lelia goes to cover it just because, but probably if she has to use the box after Sparkle she probably will.

I kept seeing this facebook post about Steak 'n Shake closing a bunch of locations, and got a massive craving for them, and one on the way home from dropping stuff off at the new house had take out. My belly is happy now

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
fter Lily left, Mocha went over to examine what Lily had done in box one. You could almost see her shake her head. She climbed into the box and carefully covered the pee. Then she went over to box two and stared at the poop lying on top of the litter. She delicately stepped into the box and covered it over. Her job complete, she ran out of the room.
Sooo sweet, taking care of her big sis.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to have all day sun, yee-haw!! Will barely reach 60 but little wind is expected. I found someone
to put together my new chair. I paid her $20.00 and also gave her a coat and a pair of Bluetooth
earbuds as I cannot use them with my laptop and the stores are not taking anything back yet. She's
very sweet and has been moving the lawn for Nicole, my neighbor for free. It is in her lease that she
is to mow the lawn and weed eat. She sings the blues and Kelly felt sorry for her. Nicole was pulling
weeds for Mr. Johnson and he gave her a $35.00 phone card and 2 packs of cigarettes. So she can
do it, just doesn't want to. She's already been in 2 arguments with his wife and she's only been here
month,.groan.....

I plan on rugging up and reading on the deck for at least for a little while, The cushion hasn't come fo
the chair yet so I'll use pillows. All day sun in Ohio is a big deal so I plan on taking advantage of it.:sunshine:☀😎🌅

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been thin all my life. When in my 20's, I weighed 120. Even as I aged I never got above 135 for very long. My problem has always been getting "too busy" to stop and eat. Now, at 64, I weight 136. I got up to 163 eating lots of sweets but that was lost when I stopped. Am I anorexic? I am small build & 5'10" tall.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I weight 136. Am I anorexic? I am small build & 5'10" tall.
That sounds like an okay weight. I'm 5'9 and I'm supposed to weigh around 130. I consider anorexic when I was starving myself. Now I eat every single day, so I feel pretty much cured. The side effects of not eating for even one or two days are terrible! Thank God that is over.

My positive for today is it seems to be warming up, so maybe I can take my walk outside today on the driveway incline and work on my sore leg.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Am I anorexic?
Anorexia is an eating disorder which involves more than being thin. Some people are naturally skinny but that doesn't make them anorexic. Here's an informative article from the NIH: NIMH » Eating Disorders: About More Than Food

On a more positive note, we have a bunny that regularly visits our yard. The back of our yard slopes and the fence does not meet the ground in some areas so I had put bricks back there to keep the skunks out. However, when I realized that was how the rabbit was entering and leaving I promptly took the bricks away. I'm happy to report that Bugs Bunny, as I call him, is a regular visitor now. 🐰

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been thin all my life. When in my 20's, I weighed 120. Even as I aged I never got above 135 for very long. My problem has always been getting "too busy" to stop and eat. Now, at 64, I weight 136. I got up to 163 eating lots of sweets but that was lost when I stopped. Am I anorexic? I am small build & 5'10" tall.
GaryT GaryT I do not think you are anorexic. :sunshine: :silver: 🌺

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Being home and not able to do things like Easy Shift, Gigwalk or Field Agent has taught me to be more creative in how to earn money. I have a following on a site to earn money just by uploading videos of the cats and telling their story. I won't link though since it is probably against the rules to link to such sites, but I wanted to share as it is great news.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
On my walk this morning I passed a house that had 30 or so rolls of toilet paper, each in its own plastic bag, scattered across the front lawn. On my way back the owner was carrying out out trash and I had to ask him about the tp. Turns out it was a “big” birthday for his wife and her sister has threatened to toilet paper their house. But given its scarcity, she though just leaving rolls was a better idea.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went on my first hike in a forest preserve since coming back to IL. Walked a 3-mile unpaved trail that normally no other people walk, but I guess others have discovered it and passed about 5 other people. A minute or two in, I see a deer browsing to my right about 15-20 ft. into the forest. Later on, I see another deer with older fawn as well as an eastern chipmunk. Here's my animal videos:

Kittens have also been cuddling with me before I fall asleep while laying in bed while reading. This is a fun habit, hope they keep it up!
20200512_221211[1].jpg

Isabelle has also been tolerating the kittens being close to her when everyone is cuddling with me while out on the porch. Katrina even put her head towards Isabelle, who lifted her head to sniff Katrina and then laid her head back down without growling. <3 too cute! Having a deck to hang out with the cats has been a plus of being home.

20200510_155840[1].jpg
20200501_152943[1].jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive has to be the weather. Yay! It finally warmed up. I took my 2 hour walk outside yesterday on the driveway incline. That was such a great workout. My sore leg feels better and every muscle in my body feels like it got a toning workout. This is my favorite exercise I have ever done and I didn't sweat very much. I hate sweating. 👍☀

Status
Not open for further replies.