The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely He is such a love, I love how he looks grumpy. How old is he? I remember when he had extractions last year.
I could kiss his darling head 100 time a day.💝

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, although that’s not mine! Or rather, those are not mine. :) They’re across the lake. The lake is surrounded by patio homes (also called cluster homes). Here’s mine. The windows on the far left belong to the attached home next door. We just moved in in October so I’m really looking forward to sitting on the covered patio in the summer.
View attachment 321099
Lovely home, I would love living there!!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The lake is surrounded by patio homes (also called cluster homes). Here’s mine.
I never heard of patio homes, but they sure are lovely. 😍

he needs 3-4 tooth extractions
Poor kid. Tooth problems are the worst & expensive. :ohwell:

Cal met the Vincie girl on the first day the neighbors brought her home.
Thanks for sharing their stories. :hugs:

My positive for today is I won a hot sauce giveaway! I never win anything, so this was a nice surprise. I don't get to pick the hot sauce, so I'm curious to see what flavor they will send me. 🌶

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely He is such a love, I love how he looks grumpy. How old is he? I remember when he had extractions last year.I could kiss his darling head 100 time a day.💝
Thank you, you are too kind. :hugs: Honestly his age is a mystery - he came from a nasty hoarder who kept 23 Persians in their garage and did not take care of them, e.g. they were found huddled together with no food, no litter boxes and dirty water. The neighbors would smell a terrible stench coming from the garage in summer when it got hot and steamy out. Two shelters were called in to rescue the cats. They were in such bad shape that two had to be PTS, three needed amputations and all had bad skin infections. After receiving veterinary care Carleton was adopted out to a couple who kept him for a year and then returned him to the shelter. We were told they said they did not want a pet anymore. And that's how he came to find his forever home with us. It was love at first sight.:loveeyes: But when we brought him to our vet his teeth were in such bad shape she gave us a three year window for his age, i.e. not younger than 5 but not older than 8 so to answer your question we really don't know his true age. I told my husband we would love him and spoil him for as long as he lives with us and a day doesn't go by that we don't feel like we won the jackpot. He is the sweetest most affectionate boy. :hearthrob: Sorry for the long post.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, you are too kind. :hugs: Honestly his age is a mystery - he came from a nasty hoarder who kept 23 Persians in their garage and did not take care of them, e.g. they were found huddled together with no food, no litter boxes and dirty water. The neighbors would smell a terrible stench coming from the garage in summer when it got hot and steamy out. Two shelters were called in to rescue the cats. They were in such bad shape that two had to be PTS, three needed amputations and all had bad skin infections. After receiving veterinary care Carleton was adopted out to a couple who kept him for a year and then returned him to the shelter. We were told they said they did not want a pet anymore. And that's how he came to find his forever home with us. It was love at first sight.:loveeyes: But when we brought him to our vet his teeth were in such bad shape she gave us a three year window for his age, i.e. not younger than 5 but not older than 8 so to answer your question we really don't know his true age. I told my husband we would love him and spoil him for as long as he lives with us and a day doesn't go by that we don't feel like we won the jackpot. He is the sweetest most affectionate boy. :hearthrob: Sorry for the long post.
Oh, his background is making me cry, first in that nasty garage, then in a home for a year. He hit the jackpot with you!!
You are lucky to have found him. When is he having the extractions?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When is he having the extractions?
We know it will be expensive and need a little time to save up the money. Our vet is very understanding and told us not to worry we can wait approx. three months.

Today's positive - my sister was traveling from the West coast to East coast last night and had a layover. She was worried about making it home due to weather hazards but arrived late last night. I waited up for her text and slept much better knowing she was home safe and sound.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you, although that’s not mine! Or rather, those are not mine. :) They’re across the lake. The lake is surrounded by patio homes (also called cluster homes). Here’s mine. The windows on the far left belong to the attached home next door. We just moved in in October so I’m really looking forward to sitting on the covered patio in the summer.
View attachment 321099
you live in paradise :)

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
fate knows its way :)

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm three months away from paying off a past medical bill of 5 years ago. My 18 hours a day working is paying off, finally
Congrats! What a feat! Medical expenses are too high, even with insurance in the us. Will you have time to breathe after the last payment? I'm in awe at your strength and perseverance.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a day, but for positives... it's friday? Came home after my last class and cuddling on the couch with Isabelle in my lap. Had the munchies yesterday, and bought some single serving cheese cake and key lime pie slices I will eat later today.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6
thanks for the advice :) Cal is such a smart girl :) it is a pity that she does not have the opportunity to swim :( do you have a two-story duplex and are you upstairs?
It is 2 two-story and I have the upstairs and downstairs. Downstairs has living room, kitchen, laundry room, that is also half a bathroom with sink and toilet. There is a small deck off the kitchen. Upstairs are 2 bedrooms, one I use for my clothing, etc. and a full bathroom..
It's small, barely 1;000 square feet.Thank you for the compliment about Cal.

What is your house like?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
We had professional development today and some free work time so I was finally able to clean out Myrtle's tank.

View attachment 321453

I may die of salmonella, but I'm sure she's happy.
Myrtle is quite the beauty!!

We have about 5 inches of snow now. It came in different intervals so we were not blasted all at once.
It is sooo beautiful!! The plows are out already and it's about 4:30am. so the roads will be cleared when
most people are going to be out and about.

I plan on watching DVDs and reading. Tomorrow, if pain levels cooperate, I may walk to the new gelato shoppe.
I'm hungry now so I'm going to have peanut butter toast and grapes.

What's up wih all of you? :wave2:

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is Maggie is being so funny and cute. When I try to take my 2 hour walk indoors, she runs ahead of me and throws herself down in the doorway, rolls on her back with all 4 paws in the air so I can't pass. She looks so cute! 😍 Why is she doing this? Does she not want me to take my walk? Or is she just playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.