The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally got around to making homemade meatballs and sauce for dinner. I didn’t get to simmer my sauce as long as I would have liked; but it was good! I mixed beef and pork so the meatballs were tender and flavorful. Since I was combing meats it made 2 dozen and half went into the freezer.

We’ve only been eating beef once a week and I was getting tired of chicken with rice and chicken with potatoes. All with various Mrs Dash blends or other salt free. The chicken tastes good to me; but plain rice and plain potatoes gets old. I think DH was getting tired of bland dinners too and he’s the one who wants everything whole grain. :lol:

So anyway; dinner was good and I have a lot of sauce leftover for another day. But sometime soon I’m going to a local market where I can get really good link sausage and I’ll make sauce in my biggest crockpot. With some beef chunks. That usually makes enough that I can freeze some too.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought my positive for the day was that I went to the grocery store early and hit the mother load of cleaning products. But coming home I had an up close encounter with a huge Bald Eagle. The kind where you instinctively duck because you think it is going to fly right into you. I always love seeing Bald Eagles.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fancy kitties! :thumbsup:

Still not feeling better... I hate to be blamed for things
Hope your day gets better & whoever is bugging you wises up. 🙏

My positive is Dad and I sampled a boatload of sweet desserts. Most of them were too sweet for me, but I found a new favorite. Butterfingers! Are these peanut butter or toffee? Whatever they are, it's delicious.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my Christmas lights bought and up. Fast and easy when it is 75 degrees like today. Not so much when it’s 10 below or there is thigh high snow. I have had blue and white and then red and white lights in the past, so this year I went with green.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought my positive for the day was that I went to the grocery store early and hit the mother load of cleaning products. But coming home I had an up close encounter with a huge Bald Eagle. The kind where you instinctively duck because you think it is going to fly right into you. I always love seeing Bald Eagles.
We had a report of an eagle carrying away a cat in my neighborhood. Hope is wasn’t true.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I spent the latter part of the morning finishing up the yard work before the weather changes next week. Now I'm off to meet friends for lunch at a restaurant that has outdoor dining so no problem keeping our social distance.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fancy kitties! :thumbsup:

Hope your day gets better & whoever is bugging you wises up. 🙏

My positive is Dad and I sampled a boatload of sweet desserts. Most of them were too sweet for me, but I found a new favorite. Butterfingers! Are these peanut butter or toffee? Whatever they are, it's delicious.
I joked with them that their Cat Mom must have killed a deer and that is why they enjoyed it so much. Remind them of their Mom. :lol:

We had a report of an eagle carrying away a cat in my neighborhood. Hope is wasn’t true.
It was carrying something but it looked more like a squirrel.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a nice Bald Eagle sighting last week. I was driving home and noticed a truck pulled to one side and a man walking across the street with something in his hand. Then I noticed the Bald Eagle perched at the top of a big dead tree. He had a big camera. I wish I could have stopped too and seen the pictures he got. I bet they were amazing!!

One time DH and I were driving down a country road and had to stop because there was one sitting in the middle of the road! That was very cool! It was before smartphones but I started keeping the camera close on trips after that!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I fell on the deck this morning taking litter out, the good thing is I was able to get up. I have a deep cut on the
bottom of my foot, it bled for a long time but it finally stopped. I used Neosporin and Lidocaine ointment so
it's now numb. The deck was wet and I had my moccasins on, I'll be wearing my boots with the heavy tread
in the future. Cal watched the entire thing from the slider and was crying, darling girl.

In the 70s today! I hope to be able to sit on deck and enjoy it. May be the last nice weather of the year

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fell on the deck this morning taking litter out, the good thing is I was able to get up. I have a deep cut on the
bottom of my foot, it bled for a long time but it finally stopped. I used Neosporin and Lidocaine ointment so
it's now numb. The deck was wet and I had my moccasins on, I'll be wearing my boots with the heavy tread
in the future. Cal watched the entire thing from the slider and was crying, darling girl.

In the 70s today! I hope to be able to sit on deck and enjoy it. May be the last nice weather of the year
I hope your foot heals alright. I fell on my deck once. I was laid out on my back trying to get up and my sweet little Muffy walked out the door, walked over me and went on her way without giving me a thought. Darling girl.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh No!! Please be careful!! I know that sounds trite, but... I am slowly learning to "walk like a penguin".. and to shuffle along. Not good...

Can you leave the letter in a corner, until someone can help you take it out? Litter is heavy..

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you leave the litter in a corner, until someone can help you take it out? Litter is heavy..
It was dirty litter and not a lot. I'm thinking I should've gone to er. The cut is so deep I can see
tissue, ha!! So I cleansed it well again, poured alcohol into the cut, ouch, more Neosporin and
Lidocaine ointment. Once it got light out I saw how much blood I lost on the deck and it made me
nauseous. I tried cleaning it with a paper towel. I googled deep cuts and I should keep my foot
elevated above my heart and rest but my body is sore from the fall and I don't want to stiffen up.
I'll rest foot then walk around, keep doing that It's sunny now!!☀

I hope your foot heals alright. I fell on my deck once. I was laid out on my back trying to get up and my sweet little Muffy walked out the door, walked over me and went on her way without giving me a thought. Darling girl.
Thanks Ellen,
Muffy was probably thinking of ways to help you up!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking I should've gone to er. The cut is so deep I can see
tissue, Once it got light out I saw how much blood I lost on the deck and it made me nauseous.
I'm so sorry you had an accident on the deck. You may want to reconsider going to the ER or a nearby treatment center. I don't want to sound like a worry wart but you may need stitches and, at the very least, you should have a med. professional look at it. We just want what's best for you. :grouphug: Please keep us updated, sending special thoughts and healing vibes.:vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was dirty litter and not a lot. I'm thinking I should've gone to er. The cut is so deep I can see
tissue, ha!! So I cleansed it well again, poured alcohol into the cut, ouch, more Neosporin and
Lidocaine ointment. Once it got light out I saw how much blood I lost on the deck and it made me
nauseous. I tried cleaning it with a paper towel. I googled deep cuts and I should keep my foot
elevated above my heart and rest but my body is sore from the fall and I don't want to stiffen up.
I'll rest foot then walk around, keep doing that It's sunny now!!☀
I agree with Neely, you really should see a doctor. It sounds like you may need stiches and you don't want it to become infected.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm off to meet friends for lunch at a restaurant
What did you have for lunch? 🥗

I fell on the deck this morning taking litter out, the good thing is I was able to get up.
Awww man. Hope you are okay. 😲

my sweet little Muffy walked out the door, walked over me and went on her way without giving me a thought. Darling girl.
My cats did this too. I faked a heart attack & dropped to the floor to see if they would care if I died. They just sniffed me & jumped over me. :lol:

I am slowly learning to "walk like a penguin".. and to shuffle along.
We do this, but it's so we don't step on the cats. 🐧

My positive is I'm picking out some fun stuff for our Aldi order next week. Hopefully they will be in stock. Walmart was out of a ton of stuff that I ordered. :crossfingers:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Some walk in places do sititches. That’s where I went when I caught some falling glasses at work and needed stitches. Its also where I took DH when he met the wrong end of a box knife. (2 seconds after I told him not to cut himself. Hows that for wifely intuition. :lol: )

I get wanting to avoid the er right now. A few weeks ago DS fell and put a gash about an inch long in his eyebrow. Thankfully one of my stepsisters is a nurse and she was there to determine if he really needed stitches. Thankfully he got away without them; but he’ll have a scar and a story for when he gets older! I’m told boys like that.:lol::rolleyes:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I fixed my toilet :yess: The rubber flapper was pretty much disintegrated :oops: and the chain connecting it to the flush lever came off. It was an easy fix that needed a trip to Home Depot for a replacement part and a YouTube video.

It was a really warm sunny day for this time of year and the election is finally over :woo:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.