The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari Those sound delicious!
M maggiedemi Get yourself a parka with a warm hood and you'll love your walks!;) ♥

Sunny all day yesterday! My bedroom got so warm that the heat didn't click on at all last night.
I made hot cocoa again. I'd like to make the kind where you melt good chocolate, then add the
milk, and sugar

I didn't pass out candy but it was very quiet on my street, maybe a lot of people didn't allow their
kids to go out. I loved the quiet; last year the noisy neighbors across the street had a party with
lots of fireworks.

Extra hour, I'm not feeling it yet but it will be nice

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
A few months ago, I was having trouble finding flour and yeast in local grocery stores so I ordered from the King Arthur website. They duplicated my order and I ended up with a LOT of flour and yeast. I gave most of it away to several neighbors. One of them contacted me this morning and said she wanted to drop off some pumpkin pecan cupcakes (with cream cheese frosting :yummy: ) and peanut butter blossom cookies (the kind with the Hershey kiss on top). Wasn't that thoughtful!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get yourself a parka with a warm hood and you'll love your walks!
I would want to wash it from time to time though and I'm not allowed to ever use the washing machine. She won't wash coats, blankets, or sweaters. Better to just take my walks inside this winter. Maybe next summer I can get away from her. That would be positive.

I made hot cocoa again.
I'm drinking hot cocoa like it's going out of style! I want to get some flavored ones.

peanut butter blossom cookies
Yum! Anything with peanut butter is amazing.

My positive is I ordered 4 boxes of cat litter. Now I have enough until March 1st. I would have liked to wait for the black friday sales, but last year they sold out so fast, and then they were out of stock forever. I just can't take the chance of running out, so I stocked up.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very thankful for Chewy's refund policy. Ordered Whole Earth Farms wet (2 different types) and a bag of dry. Dry food got ripped in shipment and couldn't be saved (food in box got wet) and Boone and Gracie would not eat either of the wet food. I felt bad asking for refunds for the entire order but at least now I can get food I know they will eat.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that Boone and Gracie ate their breakfast without issue after a couple misses in my food choices for them. I guess they are telling me that my experimenting each month with new brands is over and to just stick with what I know they will eat. I have a handful of choices so variety shouldn't be an issue.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that I was able to cancel my doctor appointment. So now I have several months to relax, work on my diet and health. Probably will hibernate until April, or whenever it warms up again. Then try to make some plans to leave here. :crossfingers:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband ordered us a ćevapčići kit! We didn't go in the city to find the food truck this summer, so he thought it might be a good meal for our anniversary. It was a nice surprise!
My son used to be a sous chef for an upscale Serbian restaurant before he became a mechanical insulator. He still talks to the owners. When they make ćevapčići, he typically gets some as a gift. They call him out of the blue and tell him to come and get it.

I have a couple of positive today.

Hobbit is starting to walk along the furniture! He thinks it is pretty funny.

We got our new bedroom painted and started moving things around. I bought two old dressers and painted them with a paint called Graylac, which is, as you can guess, a grey-ish lilac. It looks really nice with the dark purple-ish blue. The room is so much bigger than our old room--which is now the gaming/theater room--that I had a difficult time falling asleep the first night. (Our house is a bungalow, so it is not a full two stories high, making the ceilings in our new bedroom lower than what we are used to in our old one.

Our bathroom is now a walk-in shower only! It has been done for about a week and a half, but I have to repaint the walls because they were damaged during the remodel. They were going to do it, but I am not sure if I am staying with the same color or not.

Finally, our anniversary is in two days. We leave tomorrow at noon to drive to Ravenwood Castle in New Plymouth, OH. We are staying in The Clock Tower. My PTSD has me all worked up; however, I am looking forward to our trip. (My doctor gave me different medication to take in addition to my other medications for emergencies. I hope it helps!) My son's friend is off of work this week to start moving in with them, so he has offered to stay at our house to take care of the cats and the fish. That makes me feel a great deal more at ease. Our cats adore him.

The weather is supposed to be okay, so we might try to go to the John Glenn Observatory. It all depends on a few factors.I need to remember to take the step stool, or I am never going to get into that hot tub!

Ravenwood-Clock-Tower-1024x683.jpg Ravenwood-Cottage-Clocktower-01-1024x683.jpg Ravenwood-Cottage-Clocktower-02-1024x683.jpg Ravenwood-Cottage-Clocktower-03-1024x683.jpg Ravenwood-Cottage-Clocktower-04-1024x683.jpg ravenwood-castle.jpg 20201101_174906.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.