The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got home so late from voting (two hours past their dinnertime) that Boone and Gracie didn't care what I fed them. They were going to eat it all... even the crumbs! And my Chewy order came so no more worrying about them not liking what is served.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Elphaba09 Elphaba09 Wowza!! Do you have an extra room for Cal and me? It's good that doc gave you extra
meds. Even if you don't need them, you know you have something if things get rough. Happy Anniversary!
and have a wonderful trip! :hugs: ♥
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Your burger sounds so good!

Temps will be in the 60s today and I am so looking forward to it. I have a taste for fish. A restaurant here has the best
cod and pollack and I was thinking of getting take-out.🐟

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i love their names ! where did you get the names from
When I knew we were going to get them, I came up with two names, Maggie and Gracie, because we planned on getting two girls. I wanted "human" names because I think animals having people names is so cute. Family nixed the name Maggie which was fine because Boone ended up being a boy. :lol:

Boone is named after Boone Jenner who plays hockey for the Columbus Blue Jackets. Not a fan of the team per se but I thought the name Boone Jenner was such an awesome name. We were having a hard time coming up with a boy name so it worked out! Plus my husband had an Uncle nicknamed Boone because he was so tall/big like Daniel Boone so it sort of honored him too since he passed a few years ago.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
When I knew we were going to get them, I came up with two names, Maggie and Gracie, because we planned on getting two girls. I wanted "human" names because I think animals having people names is so cute. Family nixed the name Maggie which was fine because Boone ended up being a boy. :lol:

Boone is named after Boone Jenner who plays hockey for the Columbus Blue Jackets. Not a fan of the team per se but I thought the name Boone Jenner was such an awesome name. We were having a hard time coming up with a boy name so it worked out! Plus my husband had an Uncle nicknamed Boone because he was so tall/big like Daniel Boone so it sort of honored him too since he passed a few years ago.
so clever ! i make up names for my cats lol

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was cooking some penne pasta to add to my Italian Bake Casserole. I turned off the stove, dumped the water, and was about to put the pasta in a bowl to mix when I saw Boone starting to walk toward the hot burner. As I got to him/it, he stepped on it for a split second. I think me rushing over scared him as much as possibly stepping on the burner.

I grabbed him and checked his pad on the foot I know touched the burner. Kind of looked a little pinker than normal but he didn't seem to mind me messing with it. He was walking on it fine and even went over to play with a toy using it. I think I dodged a bullet.

I did tell him that I was disappointed in him because what he did was a "Gracie move" and he should know better since he is "the good one".

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is I was invited to a friend's surprise Zoom birthday party. 🎉 Since we can't celebrate together due to the Covid restrictions her husband came up with the idea to have relatives and friends surprise her on Zoom.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick My little Nikki, who went to the Bridge in 2012, jumped on the burner of Nicole's flat-top
stove after I had removed the tea kettle. He screamed and the 3 other cats and dog came running to
see what happened. I bathed his toes in cool water, applied Neosporin and A&D ointment. They
were red but he still walked around. I kept them clean and applied the medicine 3 times daily. We
were staying there for a month because my apart was being remodeled because I had a fire.
All 4 toes had been burned but I didn't feel it was necessary to take him to doc as that would've
caused stress. I stayed there a month but never took the kettle off the burner again. I just turned
it off or put a pan of water on it till it cooled down.My poor boy, he was such a little sweetheart,
never weighed over 5 pounds.

We had a beautiful day yesterday, sunny and in the 60s! Supposed to be in the 70s today. I'll take it.
Kaylee and I have been naughty, getting pastries from Ann's almost daily. She likes Lady Locks and
Cream Puffs, I like cannolis, peanut butter creme sticks with salted caramel and nuts on top. Also
little pecan tarts, so good!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick My little Nikki, who went to the Bridge in 2012, jumped on the burner of Nicole's flat-top
stove after I had removed the tea kettle. He screamed and the 3 other cats and dog came running to
see what happened. I bathed his toes in cool water, applied Neosporin and A&D ointment. They
were red but he still walked around. I kept them clean and applied the medicine 3 times daily. We
were staying there for a month because my apart was being remodeled because I had a fire.
All 4 toes had been burned but I didn't feel it was necessary to take him to doc as that would've
caused stress. I stayed there a month but never took the kettle off the burner again. I just turned
it off or put a pan of water on it till it cooled down.My poor boy, he was such a little sweetheart,
never weighed over 5 pounds.

We had a beautiful day yesterday, sunny and in the 60s! Supposed to be in the 70s today. I'll take it.
Kaylee and I have been naughty, getting pastries from Ann's almost daily. She likes Lady Locks and
Cream Puffs, I like cannolis, peanut butter creme sticks with salted caramel and nuts on top. Also
little pecan tarts, so good!
Boone didn't make any noise when he stepped on it. I'm thinking he just stepped on the edge so maybe he didn't get the full heat of the burner. He never acted like his paw was hurting him all night and acted completely normal. I did end up putting a plate over the burner until it cooled down. I guess it's like human kids. You've got to let them touch the hot stove once to know not to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.