The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I fixed my toilet :yess: The rubber flapper was pretty much disintegrated :oops: and the chain connecting it to the flush lever came off. It was an easy fix that needed a trip to Home Depot for a replacement part and a YouTube video.

It was a really warm sunny day for this time of year and the election is finally over :woo:
Isn’t You Tube just a blessing for stuff like this? I don’t know what we would do without them. Last year my son replaced my sink faucet while I stood by playing the video on You Tube as he completed each step.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I went out pre snow this morning to find more Crave Cat food for Willow. It’s the only brand she likes and the local Petsmart has been down to just a couple packs and we were almost out. I found a huge supply at another Petsmart including the Chicken pate that she loves which hasn’t been available online or in stores for weeks! She was one happy cat when she got it for dinner.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
positive my lady is graduating dec 5th from her graduate program yay! no more feeling like i am walking on broken glass barefoot having to watch what i say and always trying to be sensitive to what her needs and emotions are :lol: :lol: sad to admit it. i am pretty dense far as reading a girls emotions etc.gives me a head ache:lol: dont have the patience for it but i give it the best i can to my limited understandings of it all. been a stressful past few years or so hehe but its nearly done and finished now i cant even say i am really happy over it more like relieved its finally nearly done. proud of her yeah but i expected her to graduate never a doubt to my mind that she wouldnt:flail:maybe she will just listen and accept my word as fact now when i tell her its ok you can do it:lol:ok wishful thinking telling a bull headed contrary woman that hehe. i realize graduate school is not easy at all seemed its just writing papers every weekend along with homework. :flail:school is not for me sorry long post just had to share the moment

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
positive my lady is graduating dec 5th from her graduate program yay! no more feeling like i am walking on broken glass barefoot having to watch what i say and always trying to be sensitive to what her needs and emotions are :lol: :lol: sad to admit it. i am pretty dense far as reading a girls emotions etc.gives me a head ache:lol: dont have the patience for it but i give it the best i can to my limited understandings of it all. been a stressful past few years or so hehe but its nearly done and finished now i cant even say i am really happy over it more like relieved its finally nearly done. proud of her yeah but i expected her to graduate never a doubt to my mind that she wouldnt:flail:maybe she will just listen and accept my word as fact now when i tell her its ok you can do it:lol:ok wishful thinking telling a bull headed contrary woman that hehe. i realize graduate school is not easy at all seemed its just writing papers every weekend along with homework. :flail:school is not for me sorry long post just had to share the moment
That is wonderful. Congrats to you both for surviving it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
positive my lady is graduating dec 5th from her graduate program yay! no more feeling like i am walking on broken glass barefoot having to watch what i say and always trying to be sensitive to what her needs and emotions are :lol:
I hope the mood changes at your house now and you can both look forward to spending more time together without homework. 🤗One of my daughters recently started working on her Ph.D. and although I'm extremely proud of her it will be a long road ahead.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the mood changes at your house now and you can both look forward to spending more time together without homework. 🤗One of my daughters recently started working on her Ph.D. and although I'm extremely proud of her it will be a long road ahead.
thanks we will and i am very proud of her just this one last push to get past residency :frustrated:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
forgot to say she is getting her doctorate in social work:lol:hard to win any arguements with her cause she uses those pyschology tricks on me to win everytime

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don’t watch a lot of tv; but my favorite show to watch with my kids just came back on tonight. The Curse of Oak Island! I don’t have cable; so I preordered the season through Amazon and have to wait until tomorrow to watch it. That show is the reason DS loves history. I just ordered him a book for Christmas on Medieval times from Usborne. That’s the closest I can get to the Knights Templar books for kids. :lol:
forgot to say she is getting her doctorate in social work:lol:hard to win any arguements with her cause she uses those pyschology tricks on me to win everytime
My cousin has 2 Masters degrees in counseling. They could probably talk on the same wavelength while the rest of us have our eyes glaze over. :lol2:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t watch a lot of tv; but my favorite show to watch with my kids just came back on tonight. The Curse of Oak Island! I don’t have cable; so I preordered the season through Amazon and have to wait until tomorrow to watch it. That show is the reason DS loves history. I just ordered him a book for Christmas on Medieval times from Usborne. That’s the closest I can get to the Knights Templar books for kids. :lol:

My cousin has 2 Masters degrees in counseling. They could probably talk on the same wavelength while the rest of us have our eyes glaze over. :lol2:
:flail:most likely i cant be any more lost than i am at times already

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my orders for my kid’s Christmas gifts just got here. I’ve found some good deals! :banana1:

:flail:most likely i cant be any more lost than i am at times already
At least my cousin is past the point of using family members for practice and case studies. 🤪 I used to be good conversation for her because I had a lot of clients who had suffered trauma and had various mental health issues. She was helpful when my dad had a girlfriend who would do some odd things. (Thankfully that one didn’t last. Dad’s wife is great. Not just to Dad; but the whole family.) I am glad to see mental health issues loosing the stigma. They are more common than you’d think. I have a couple friends in social work too. Their jobs are difficult but extremely important.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my orders for my kid’s Christmas gifts just got here. I’ve found some good deals! :banana1:

At least my cousin is past the point of using family members for practice and case studies. 🤪 I used to be good conversation for her because I had a lot of clients who had suffered trauma and had various mental health issues. She was helpful when my dad had a girlfriend who would do some odd things. (Thankfully that one didn’t last. Dad’s wife is great. Not just to Dad; but the whole family.) I am glad to see mental health issues loosing the stigma. They are more common than you’d think. I have a couple friends in social work too. Their jobs are difficult but extremely important.
ok thats kinda creepy (j/k)my girlfriend has told me the same stuff kinda about mental health stigma etc. :lol:whats sad is alot of homeless in my city suffer from mental issues. sounds like you could hold a conversation with my gf that would leave me lost :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ok thats kinda creepy (j/k)my girlfriend has told me the same stuff kinda about mental health stigma etc. :lol:whats sad is alot of homeless in my city suffer from mental issues. sounds like you could hold a conversation with my gf that would leave me lost :lol:
You do look at the homeless different when you start understanding the complexities of different situations. :agree: The pandemic has helped us see that its good to reach out when you are struggling. My cousin was just texting with me about telehealth options being a real positive option now too. You can meet with someone even at a distance.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You do look at the homeless different when you start understanding the complexities of different situations. :agree: The pandemic has helped us see that its good to reach out when you are struggling. My cousin was just texting with me about telehealth options being a real positive option now too. You can meet with someone even at a distance.
your cousin is right about the telehealth with the homeless hopefully things can change for the better as the stigma lessens and people are more aware and open to the problem along with better options to helping people who suffer that way

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw and held a teeny tiny kitten!! It has been so long since I held or even saw one.

This baby was only 5 weeks old!! IMO, too young to be separated from his mother, and siblings..
But.... I am not in charge of this.. He was given to one of the tenants; who, in turn gave it to one of the college age 'runners' in here..

So cute.. such a gorgeous dark orange with darker swirls... I think it is a boy. I had to tell the girl that he needs a cuddle toy, Kitten wet food, even KMR, because he is so tiny.., a kitten litter box, and a soft warm towel or fleece to cuddle with.. I did not have a chance to tell her to keep him confined to the bathroom. I will see her tomorrow.

I have a couple of Geoffreys unused toys, which I will give her.

Poor little thing, would not let go of me.. He just cuddled on my left side, and clutched on for dear life. He must have smelt Geoffrey.. or felt so comfortable in my arms.. feeling my love..

Status
Not open for further replies.