The Positive Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What did you have for lunch? 🥗
A roasted veggie salad - mixed greens, red onions, roasted tomatoes, artichokes, walnuts, feta cheese, freshly grilled veggies (zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper) balsamic vinaigrette dressing with warm pita bread on the side.

My positive is DH volunteers weekly at a food pantry. He has become their "official" pet person since he offered to bring all the pet food and pet product donations to a local animal shelter where we adopted our dog and previous cat. 🐱🐶

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, but foot is looking better. It has stopped bleeding. I think resting it and elevating it
helped.

neely neely Your salad sounds so good!!

It was so beautiful yesterday and will be today as well! One of our radio stations is playing Christmas
music already so I listened to that for awhile.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6
how do you feel today?
Yes, the slippers I was wearing are not good when it's wet.
I'm sore but managing, it's so beautiful here I've been sitting on the deck reading with my foot propped up, Thanks for asking!
Some of the gang have been here, Roberto, the ginger who is missing his right eye and part of his left ear, let's me pet him
now but only when it's dark. He even lets me examine the inside of his ear which has no canal..not sure if it's a birth defect
or from a fight. He comes to visit in the afternoons and will talk back when I chat with him. How are your two? So they like
chicken and fish stew, yum!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
freshly grilled veggies
That sounds good. I never really tried hot things in my salad, mostly cold veggies.

My positive is I really like the liquid coffee creamers that I bought. I haven't drank them in years because I thought I didn't like them anymore. Turns out I love them! So that is another fun thing to add to my coffee besides cappuccino. So far I got Pumpkin Spice and French Vanilla. I want to try Vanilla Caramel and Vanilla Cinnamon next if they have them in stock.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds good. I never really tried hot things in my salad, mostly cold veggies.
You should try grilled veggies in your salad or one of your dinner plates, they're so delicious. :yummy: I think you would really like them.

My positive is I took a long, long walk past a golf course and nature preserve today. The weather was unbelievably warm for this time of year, (75 F), and it was so peaceful. :walk:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
It will be mid 20s tonight (which is VERY cold for Western Oregon)
Oh, my gosh! I’m so glad I saw your post! It reminded me that I need to bring in the hummingbird feeder. I live in southern Oregon, and the forecast is for a low of 23°F. The juice can withstand down to 28°, but 23° will cause it to freeze.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to write about our new kitten. But I will (hopefully tomorrow) and also write about Tango's new obsession with her after hating her for the first week. By the way, her name is Echo!

We were supposed to get a bad blizzard today, but thankfully the worst of it has gone around us. We do have some snow and we did have some freezing rain and ice pellets, though.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My anniversary trip was amazing, even though we fretted about the election the entire time! (It was extra stressful because the area has poor cell service and minimal WiFi availability.)

Saturday, I helped my son and his friend do the kitchen floor in my son's house. It had stained, ugly (in my opinion) vinyl from the 80s (I am assuming) over even worse tiles from the 50s/60s. Everything was torn up and new vinyl wood planking was put down. He put weight on a few spots just because the floor is not even, despite all his attempts to make it so. The uneven parts are just a bit off, so it should be okay. They are undecided about what color they are doing the cabinets.

image (29).jpg

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My anniversary trip was amazing, even though we fretted about the election the entire time! (It was extra stressful because the area has poor cell service and minimal WiFi availability.)

Saturday, I helped my son and his friend do the kitchen floor in my son's house. It had stained, ugly (in my opinion) vinyl from the 80s (I am assuming) over even worse tiles from the 50s/60s. Everything was torn up and new vinyl wood planking was put down. He put weight on a few spots just because the floor is not even, despite all his attempts to make it so. The uneven parts are just a bit off, so it should be okay. They are undecided about what color they are doing the cabinets.

View attachment 358175
You guys really did a good job.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive is DH and I finished winterizing the yard today. He mowed the lawn hopefully for the last time, we covered the patio furniture and fit what we could in the shed. I'm going to replace my birdhouses with suet for the birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.