The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A Snowshoe Cat steals its owner's car, and takes the two Family dogs - A Husky and a Doberman - for a ride. Naturally, the Snowshoe crashes the car, and all three ascend to Heaven, where they meet God face to face, as He sits on His golden throne. God says to the Husky, "tell me what you believe," and the Husky responds, "I believe in good discipline and hard work regardless of the weather." "That's wonderful," says God; "come and sit here at my right side."

God then asks the Doberman, "tell me what you believe," and the Doberman responds, "I believe in loyalty, and in guarding my master faithfully." "Excellent traits," says God; "come and sit here at my left side."

At last, God says to the Snowshoe, "tell me what you believe," and the cat responds, "I believe that you're sitting in my chair."

That's a pretty good one! I have the perfect mental image of Mondo's face as Mu Shu recklessly drives:
IMG_2300.JPG

I love having a good laugh. Sharing jokes is always PAWsitive.

Mondo's beliefs are spot-on today, as he encouraged me to go for our daily patrol this morning in the pouring rain. I have no doubt that come Winter, the snow will be even less of a deterrent. However, with all the paved streets and sidewalks here to jog on, (and the extra home projects for me,) we are getting back into fightin shape. Feeling healthy is also always pretty PAWSITIVE, but especially when you get to work out with a best friend.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- no WAY. Would a DOG ever get in. At least I sure pray not! If they do, I don't want to go there. I'll go where the Snow Shoe goes. :yess:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 -

My Heart knows what the Snowshoe knows,
And I must go where the Snowshoe goes;
Snowshoe, no shoes, which is best;
A wandering foot or a good night's rest?

Tonight I heard the Snowshoe scream,
Woke me out of a lovely dream;
Tried to sleep, it ain't no use,
'Cause I am a Brother to the old Snowshoes.

[With abject apologies to Frankie Laine]

Our rain has returned here on the south shore of Lake Ontario, but there was time for an amble down the leaf-covered trails through the woods - and even in the damp, a walk in the woods is more pawsitive than just about anything else in Life.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 -

My Heart knows what the Snowshoe knows,
And I must go where the Snowshoe goes;

Tonight I heard the Snowshoe scream,
Woke me out of a lovely dream;
Tried to sleep, it ain't no use,
'Cause I am a Brother to the old Snowshoes.

[With abject apologies to Frankie Laine]

Our rain has returned here on the south shore of Lake Ontario, but there was time for an amble down the leaf-covered trails through the woods - and even in the damp, a walk in the woods is more pawsitive than just about anything else in Life.
Great poem! IDK Frankie Laine but I like your rhymin'. And it must be amazing to have woods to walk in!
019.JPG
*Seesh*:hearthrob::happycat::hearthrob:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great poem! IDK Frankie Laine but I like your rhymin'. And it must be amazing to have woods to walk in! View attachment 259922*Seesh*:hearthrob::happycat::hearthrob:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Just a parody of a great old song from the fifties:

Pawsitive: The wild geese are still gliding across the river behind the old place; maybe Winter will be short and sweet!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Today is the one year anniversary of this thread
Wow. Pretty amazing!
eewww, chocolate covered cherries?? 1Cat, of COURSE your cats won't touch those, they're smart felines with excellent taste :lol2:

tarasgirl, just look at those little pink beans (on that REALLY green carpet LOL )

Positive, a sunny day that smells wonderful after the rainy snowy slushy moisture we got here :yess:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
@1 bruce 1 You don't have to post your own photos but at the same time watch out for copyright issues. I have posted photos from my wife and coworkers knowing that neither would ever go after The Cat Site. You don't even have to post a photo or video just something pawsitive 15 words or longer. There were times I thought I might get called out for hijacking the thread with figurines. That's why I try to mix in a bit of scenery photos with some furry cat photos sprinkled on top. As for getting photos onto a computer and uploaded to The Cat Site there are people on here that will get you step by step instructions to follow. If you promise tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 cat photos I am sure she would write you a personalized book on the subject.

My pawsitive is that it is cold and damp in Ottawa but I am off work in 15 minutes heading home to cuddle with some kitties.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
So many cat figurines that people have and I have only a few. Here's one I use in the kitchen to hold my scrub pad, front and back
P1010217.JPG
P1010221.JPG

I also have a few pins and some earrings.
P1010218.JPG
this cat has its head in the fishbowl with 2 fish on the right
P1010219.JPG
This is a pendant for Christmas
P1010220.JPG
kitty earrings I made myself

But I do have a bunch of t-shirts and sweatshirts with cats, I think this qualifies me as a crazy cat lady as I wear every one of them, I also have socks
P1010222.JPG
and a 33 1/2 rpm record album of the original "CATS" which has a song on it that I have never found anywhere else: the story of Growl Tiger and his last stand against the Siamese cats. The lyrics of 11 songs are included on the 2-platter album but Growl Tiger's song is not. I also have the dvd and that song is not on there either, in live performances it is missing also. Has anyone else heard that song also? I suppose the lyrics could be considered a bit racist and it would be quite difficult to put two ships, one of them a pirate ship belonging to the Siamese, onto the stage. On the other hand they do manage to put a train on the stage so------- .
P1010223.JPG

the album cover is a bit beat up but the records still play just fine and I do have a very fine record player which is a definite pawsitive.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be more than happy to help @1 bruce 1, Shane Kent Shane Kent , as soon as I learn how to connect my fingers and my brain and type *It's one of those days*! What device are the photos on, @1 bruce 1?
And @ segelkatt, admiring all of your cat-themed things -- very PAWSitive! I love the pearl and lampwork earrings. I have an official CATS T, sweatshirt, 33 1/3 RPM double vinyl set, and 2 music boxes! Plus the official programs, because I took my mom to see CATS twice when it played out here at the Shubert. It was so great! I do recall that song but I'm not sure if it's on the album or not, as the album is packed away. I do have a great turntable too, but it's not hooked up.
And I also have the greatest Tshirt ever made, just like yours *FRIENDS don't let FRIENDS get a DOG! Cats RULE! (dogs) drool*

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So many cat figurines that people have and I have only a few. Here's one I use in the kitchen to hold my scrub pad, front and backView attachment 259941 View attachment 259942

I also have a few pins and some earrings.View attachment 259943 this cat has its head in the fishbowl with 2 fish on the rightView attachment 259944 This is a pendant for ChristmasView attachment 259945 kitty earrings I made myself

But I do have a bunch of t-shirts and sweatshirts with cats, I think this qualifies me as a crazy cat lady as I wear every one of them, I also have socksView attachment 259946 and a 33 1/2 rpm record album of the original "CATS" which has a song on it that I have never found anywhere else: the story of Growl Tiger and his last stand against the Siamese cats. The lyrics of 11 songs are included on the 2-platter album but Growl Tiger's song is not. I also have the dvd and that song is not on there either, in live performances it is missing also. Has anyone else heard that song also? I suppose the lyrics could be considered a bit racist and it would be quite difficult to put two ships, one of them a pirate ship belonging to the Siamese, onto the stage. On the other hand they do manage to put a train on the stage so------- .View attachment 259949
the album cover is a bit beat up but the records still play just fine and I do have a very fine record player which is a definite pawsitive.
Good job in the earrings! They're cute.

I also have a cute cat figurine. It's actually a kitty bank. We don't actually put coins on it though.
20181031_155546.jpg

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I'll be more than happy to help @1 bruce 1, Shane Kent Shane Kent , as soon as I learn how to connect my fingers and my brain and type *It's one of those days*! What device are the photos on, @1 bruce 1?
And @ segelkatt, admiring all of your cat-themed things -- very PAWSitive! I love the pearl and lampwork earrings. I have an official CATS T, sweatshirt, 33 1/3 RPM double vinyl set, and 2 music boxes! Plus the official programs, because I took my mom to see CATS twice when it played out here at the Shubert. It was so great! I do recall that song but I'm not sure if it's on the album or not, as the album is packed away. I do have a great turntable too, but it's not hooked up.
And I also have the greatest Tshirt ever made, just like yours *FRIENDS don't let FRIENDS get a DOG! Cats RULE! (dogs) drool*
I am going to see CATS again in February 2019 at the Pantages, I am taking my daughter who will be visiting from Montana. The last time I saw it was about 15 years ago when I took my late daughter to see it here in the OC at Segerstrom Hall in Costa Mesa. This time I will keep my program.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Kieka , I just realized how much my Speedy looks like your kitty, especially with the front white bib. 20171012_164148-1 (2).jpg 20180329_115509-2.jpg

My positive is a warm, loving greeting between jobs from Speedy, but that is always the case. From the moment I saw her waiting for me in the window as I pulled into the driveway, I realized what a Blessing Speedy is in my Life.

Wishing a good evening to all.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
So many cat figurines that people have and I have only a few.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Has more than me and she started it :p

Nice stuff you have there segelkatt segelkatt but tarasgirl with her deep pockets and doesn't live far from you? At least I am safe all the way across the continent, I hope:) As you are from me:insertevillaugh:. Of course neither of us would really take your stuff:rolleyes3:

TheCatSiteFigsOct31_2018.jpg

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight's Pawsitive Hallowe'en Edition is all about the numbers.

Number of cats in the house: 11

The High Temperature today: 61

Current Temperature at 7:15: 51

Halloween Candy Bars on hand: 24

Number of Trick-or-treaters: 00

Halloween Candybars remaining: 24

Hey - I think I'll have a candy bar! Now that's pawsitive!

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, my PAWsitive is just about the opposite of yours 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . Living out in LA, and then in the boonies, I didn't have truck or treaters for a few years. I love seeing all those cute little costumes though! This year I got quite a few at my address. My real estate agent said it would be a ton of trick or treaters, and it was not really that many, but there were a few. I was kinda disappointed that it wasn't the hundreds I was promised, but I was happy to have some at least.

Then, just now, we had a couple of big (adult-sized) handfuls of candy left and things slowed down. I went back to making dinner, as it seemed like the big rush was done. Then one more ring of the bell - a young couple came by with their son (maybe 3 or 4 years old,) and it took me a little bit to get to the door. I saw them walking away and heard them say "sorry buddy, they're probably out of candy, too" as this adorable, dejected little kid started going down the steps. I flung open the door and said "no we're not!!!!" The little boy was so stinking cute as he turned around and screamed TRICK o TWEeet! at the top of his lungs. The parents said "Sorry we're so late! We had work!" (I didn't even think it was late, it's only like 7:30 here. I remember trick or treating till like 9 o clock - fueled by nothing but sugar!) I dumped all the remaining candy into that little dudes bag and he was so excited. I was so happy we ended up not having as many trick or treaters so that I could see the look on his face as candy poured into his bag! A very PAWsitive moment, indeed. Plus, I saved myself one Milky Way for after dinner!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Has more than me and she started it :p

Nice stuff you have there segelkatt segelkatt but tarasgirl with her deep pockets and doesn't live far from you? At least I am safe all the way across the continent, I hope:) As you are from me:insertevillaugh:. Of course neither of us would really take your stuff:rolleyes3:

View attachment 259981
"Deep pockets"? "DEEP POCKETS"??? You OBVY have me confuzzled with someone else, Shane Kent Shane Kent . I just happened to have a lot of loving family and friends. :sigh: But each of these little cats is a fond reminder of someone very much loved. Okay, a few I bought for myself. :yess:;)
*LOVE your cats and blocks!!!*
R raysmyheart and @Kieka -- you both have amazingly gorgeous little girls and I know both are blessings to you!
segelkatt segelkatt LUCKY you and may you both enjoy "CATS"! For us, it was the experience(s) of a lifetime. We aren't the theatre-going sort, but luckily the newspaper at that time had coupons for the weekend matinees, which we went to both times. The Shubert is a great theatre, stadium seating, very comfortable, and I would think every seat would be good. I've never been to the Segerstrom, but friends of mine saw *RENEE FLEMING!!!* there. I wish I could have been there for THAT!

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I survived Halloween with crazy preschoolers and got lots of compliments on my costume and hair.
20181031_182919.jpg
20181031_183933.jpg

Today I'm not on a diet for sure. There was one leftover cake pop someone had made for the 5th graders in the teacher's lounge after school and I happily took and ate it.
20181031_154939_HDR.jpg

Tomorrow it's back to the gym and straight hair but for now, Happy Halloween!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 segelkatt segelkatt You got to see Cats??? No tail envy but ticket envy. Lol Must have been fantastic!
Shane Kent Shane Kent mini white kitties???? Cat pins? Big love for little kitties! 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine very good! Really Laughed because I can visualize the cat wanting the spot! Expecting it!
So many great posts! Where will we find this positive stuff next year? The camaraderie should continue. I am positively hoping someone will start a positive replacement.
For now I am waiting to see a butterfly with straw curls!
My positive is my kitties of course. They are taking care of me right now. I thought I would post some pictures of my favorite Siamese cat. Most of you know of my laughing cat Mackie.( He loved the joke about the cat driving the dogs) I also had a laughing Siamese named Sarah. She was five years old in these shots. Such a happy cat. Always made me smile so I hope you all get a positive feeling from the photos.

274716F3-9A28-4D0B-AEAC-B0B8F31A5D99.jpeg

16BB2FE1-0B31-48A0-B0BD-DC56C047C9A5.jpeg

Cat nap!
89B53C2F-0C8D-4227-9B28-24F8B02D4F9A.jpeg

Have a wonder filled night everyone. Chocolate kisses to all! ( Sarah’s favorite)

Status
Not open for further replies.