The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be more than happy to help 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 , Shane Kent Shane Kent , as soon as I learn how to connect my fingers and my brain and type *It's one of those days*! What device are the photos on, 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 ?
And @ segelkatt, admiring all of your cat-themed things -- very PAWSitive! I love the pearl and lampwork earrings. I have an official CATS T, sweatshirt, 33 1/3 RPM double vinyl set, and 2 music boxes! Plus the official programs, because I took my mom to see CATS twice when it played out here at the Shubert. It was so great! I do recall that song but I'm not sure if it's on the album or not, as the album is packed away. I do have a great turntable too, but it's not hooked up.
And I also have the greatest Tshirt ever made, just like yours *FRIENDS don't let FRIENDS get a DOG! Cats RULE! (dogs) drool*
Thank you tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ! Our internet has been acting up for the last few nights so I hope this post goes through. Pawsitive, without the internet to distract me I've gotten some things done that took all of 6 1/2 minutes but I've put off for 9 months.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 good on you!! LOL, funny how that works

Jcatbird Jcatbird I'm with you, hopefully there's a positive replacement for this thread :)
Well, Frankenweenie was like watching a puppet show, and it was sad, funny, weird, but for anyone who hasn't seen it, it was (surprisingly) rather unsympathetic to the cat Mr whiskers.
Positive, I learned that the plural of the word amoeba is pronounced ahmeebee, and it sounds funny as heck :lol:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kids were adorable and had a nice Halloween. Everyone loved the costumes! And they got enough candy to last til next year! HahaView attachment 260012 View attachment 260013 View attachment 260014
Those are some adorable kids in costumes! Enjoy it, take lots of pictures...they grow up...way too fast!
We only had a few kids here last night but it was fun. Lots of fun costumes, a few battles over who got the "best" candy and crazy kid-friendly games.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
No trick'n'treaters here because I live in this gated community of all people over 55. But there were lots of parties all over and some people had their own private parties. I kind of miss all the little kids coming in their costumes and next year at this time I will be living in Reno and will have costumed kiddies coming by.
Lari Lari you want your curls, I want your straight hair. All my life I have been fighting this frizzy curly mess when all I wanted was long straight hair. Now that I am an old lady it's even worse because the hair strands are much finer now and won't hold any kind of set more than 6 hours. Instead it sticks out and up as if I had stuck my finger in a light socket with all that frizz, not even real curls.
P1010226.JPG
I can grease it down or flatiron it or use hot curlers or a curling iron, all of which are hard on this fine European hair, or use giant hair rollers on wet hair and make sure ALL the hair is bone dry before I take them out and then it looks nice for a few hours before it goes back to what it was before. That is too much work for looking nice for just a few hours. When I was younger it would stay nice for a whole week as long as I did not get it damp (no washing hair every day for me) but not anymore. But since I don't have to go to work anymore I can just let the hair do its own thing and that is certainly a pawsitive thing. I cut it real short some years ago, short like Jamie Lee Curtis, and it laid down but I constantly had to keep combing it to make it stay down and I needed a haircut every two week, got to be too expensive.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kids just paid their Candy Tax; so I'm feeling pretty pawsitive with a few goodies in front of me. And I'm enjoying some peace and quiet after watching kids run non-stop for 2 hours. :p

We don't go door-to-door; but to an event where they have bouncy houses and obstacle courses set up. Plus popcorn and things. The kid all get a bag of candy. DD can't have peanut; so I go through their bags and redistribute and take my tax. I need to see if I can get some more non-peanut goodies though to make up for it for DD especially. Once I redistributed the bags were smaller because there was A LOT of peanut. It's not fair; but thankfully she has a really good attitude about it. :) :heartshape:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We didn't end up going door to door. We stopped by one of John's cousin's, his aunt's, his mom's, my grandma's, went to a huge trunk or treat, then to a haunted house and by then, the kids were tired so we just called it a night. It doesn't take much to wear them out at this age! We also bought a huge bag of candy, expecting the kids to tire out early and to have trick or treaters coming by after we got home, but we only had a handful of kids so I have a good stash of chocolate here. That's never a bad thing! I purposely bought candy I like, just in case we had a bunch left over.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Always made me smile so I hope you all get a positive feeling from the photos.

Have a wonder filled night everyone. Chocolate kisses to all! ( Sarah’s favorite)
Made me smile. As did the cute costume photos from Lari and Alicia88. A nice way to start my day:) It was very foggy this morning in the Ottawa valley. The drive to work was like a flight through the clouds.

IMG_3052.JPG

As for "Where will we find this positive stuff next year?"

Jcatbird Jcatbird and Furballsmom Furballsmom I think someone should start "The Mega Pawsitive Funraiser" thread. One less letter with all the same fun:)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt I think your hair is glorious!

Shane Kent Shane Kent :thumbsup:

So, except for a weird un-cat-loving and therefore disappointing movie, yesterday was somewhat a dud.
There used to be tons of kids coming up and down this street but the past few years it's been really quiet. After reading a couple of your posts above I'm thinking more and more parents are going to group events and skipping the door to door...I guess?....

But where were the Bela Lugosi, Vincent Price et al movies?? I mean for pete's sake, there is a large quantity of good, scary movies w-a-y beyond the hockey-mask slasher stuff, that we shouldn't have to go hunting for/pay for.

Granted, I realize things are all wacky. A Denver shopping mall is putting up a huge tree this weekend for Christmas, --and they got the tree from California. Really??

Positive, that a large, furry, big, black feline creature has had breakfast, checked his yard for Intruders, and is now sleeping...again LOL

Last edited:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, the big events were packed with people. Door to door is easier when the kids are a little bigger and, in Aedan's case, can walk on their own. And bigger kids will have more energy and won't be completely done in within a half hour.
We've already come up with next year's costume. Aislyn will probably be with her mom so John and I are gonna reuse our chef stuff and dress Aedan as a rat. Ratatouille!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We didn't end up going door to door. We stopped by one of John's cousin's, his aunt's, his mom's, my grandma's, went to a huge trunk or treat, then to a haunted house and by then, the kids were tired so we just called it a night. It doesn't take much to wear them out at this age!
Alicia88 Alicia88 - Holy cow - I must be, "that age." I got worn out just reading this!

I think someone should start "The Mega Pawsitive Funraiser" thread. One less letter with all the same fun:)
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Yet another beautiful sunrise photo!

Funny that - I've been thinking about the "new" FUNraiser thread idea since @AbbysMom made the announcement, and I like the name. Anne and TCS have certainly done their part in helping shelters over the past year; I'd like to see the rest of us continue that TCS tradition, on a strictly voluntary basis.

Just ten members kicking in a penny a post - for each post that they make themselves - is all that would be needed to match the good work that's been done over the past year. I don't think that any of us average more than a hundred posts a month to the current thread - at a penny a post, that's a buck a month. Heck, I'd kick in a dime a post just to see these shelters being given the chance to help kitties - because I do Love me some kitties!

Pawsitive: Today is probably Peak Colour day here in much of the Northeast. If the rain lets up a bit, I might even get out to let you See It In Colour.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt I love your hair. Where black hair is what almost everyone has (and my tinted dark brown is "light") and where the mainstream society seems to revere blonde haired people, I've never notice much difference between blonde and white -- they're both light, right? Anyway, it seems everyone wants what they don't have. But I've come to the PAWSitive conclusion that our Beloved Creator endows each of us with what's best for us and basically, that's enough for me.
Such cute costumes -- especially love the little black cat, the Siamese kitten, and the T-rexes!
Furballsmom Furballsmom They have all kinds of those films you mention on around this time if you have satellite. TCM and AMC, I think, air quite a few of them, and some of the PBS channels as well. Too late now, I guess, but maybe for next year? And I see a lot of channels are airing Christmas films just about nonstop, for those who want those.
715.JPG
*Angel Sammi on the big activity center*

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari you want your curls, I want your straight hair. All my life I have been fighting this frizzy curly mess when all I wanted was long straight hair. Now that I am an old lady it's even worse because the hair strands are much finer now and won't hold any kind of set more than 6 hours. Instead it sticks out and up as if I had stuck my finger in a light socket with all that frizz, not even real curls.
View attachment 260049 I can grease it down or flatiron it or use hot curlers or a curling iron, all of which are hard on this fine European hair, or use giant hair rollers on wet hair and make sure ALL the hair is bone dry before I take them out and then it looks nice for a few hours before it goes back to what it was before. That is too much work for looking nice for just a few hours. When I was younger it would stay nice for a whole week as long as I did not get it damp (no washing hair every day for me) but not anymore. But since I don't have to go to work anymore I can just let the hair do its own thing and that is certainly a pawsitive thing. I cut it real short some years ago, short like Jamie Lee Curtis, and it laid down but I constantly had to keep combing it to make it stay down and I needed a haircut every two week, got to be too expensive.
I hear you on the baby fine hair. I'm surprised mine took to the curl as well as it did. It actually seems to do better now than when I was a kid.

I'm glad for low maintenance hair most of the time, since I'm inherently lazy. I envy pretty curls, but I'm okay with wash'n'brush.

Positive: just a couple more hours before I can go home and chill on the couch for a while.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aislyn will probably be with her mom so John and I are gonna reuse our chef stuff and dress Aedan as a rat. Ratatouille!
Alicia88 Alicia88 - Okay, now that's an hilarious idea!

I looked it up, and a group of T-Rex is called a terror. Very appropriate in theory, not with the particular group I saw last night.
ileen ileen - Yeah, but let's face it - you live in New York. People see stranger things on the streets every day.

"Irving! Irving! Look - there's a group of tyrannasaurs crossing the street!"

"So?"

"They're not staying in the crosswalk!"

Pawsitive: If we're not absolutely at peak colour here, we're very, very close. I can't recall this much colour in November over the past sixty years.

@tinydestroyer - you surely chose the right year to move east.

Since the rain has relented, a few shots in the yard close to the house under grey skies, since it's a little too wet out there to be traipsing through the woods:

nov1-1.jpg

nov1-2.jpg

nov1-3.jpg

nov1-4.jpg

nov1-5.jpg

nov1-6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.