The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also love the Vincent Price movies. and a favorite of mine with a mysterious, 'haunted' feel to it is Dragonwyck which I was so taken in by recently that I watched it many times over on youtube.:fallsmiley:

I also hope a thread can continue to help the kitties with our posts as @Jcatbird, Furballsmom Furballsmom , Shane Kent Shane Kent and 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine have mentioned.:catrub:

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , it looks like you still have so much beautiful Autumn color in the landscape where you are - greens, golds, reds, oranges, Nature is showing her awesome artwork.:fallsmiley::fallsmiley::fallsmiley:

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
One of our pharmacy patients is showing signs of dementia, and yesterday her dr called in a tapering prednisone script for her... There's no freakin' way she's gonna be able to follow the directions on the label, so I drew her a little calendar with exactly how many tablets to take each day.. (still no guarantee it'll work, but hey I tried)

Attachments

Last edited:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No trick'n'treaters here because I live in this gated community of all people over 55. But there were lots of parties all over and some people had their own private parties. I kind of miss all the little kids coming in their costumes and next year at this time I will be living in Reno and will have costumed kiddies coming by.
Lari Lari you want your curls, I want your straight hair. All my life I have been fighting this frizzy curly mess when all I wanted was long straight hair. Now that I am an old lady it's even worse because the hair strands are much finer now and won't hold any kind of set more than 6 hours. Instead it sticks out and up as if I had stuck my finger in a light socket with all that frizz, not even real curls.
View attachment 260049 I can grease it down or flatiron it or use hot curlers or a curling iron, all of which are hard on this fine European hair, or use giant hair rollers on wet hair and make sure ALL the hair is bone dry before I take them out and then it looks nice for a few hours before it goes back to what it was before. That is too much work for looking nice for just a few hours. When I was younger it would stay nice for a whole week as long as I did not get it damp (no washing hair every day for me) but not anymore. But since I don't have to go to work anymore I can just let the hair do its own thing and that is certainly a pawsitive thing. I cut it real short some years ago, short like Jamie Lee Curtis, and it laid down but I constantly had to keep combing it to make it stay down and I needed a haircut every two week, got to be too expensive.
Ask any gal with long straight hair, they'll hate it and say they wish they had curls, curls, curls!!!
I don't have hair advice (hell I don't even have much hair left) but I think you're doing just fine, but I know the feeling. I look at these young bucks with their muscles and hair and the ability to jump a stock gate without doing an extra flip on the way down and landing face first in a pile of horse crap and miss my glory days, but then again I think this is how I'm supposed to look and be at this point in my life and I'm OK with that. :beerchug:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I look at these young bucks with their muscles and hair and the ability to jump a stock gate without doing an extra flip on the way down and landing face first in a pile of horse crap and miss my glory days, but then again I think this is how I'm supposed to look and be at this point in my life and I'm OK with that. :beerchug:
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - Hey, buddy - you got a little schmütz right... uhhh... well... everywhere.

;)

Still almost fifty degrees here as evening wears on into night, and by mid-week, the temperatures are supposed to climb back near the sixty degree mark. If this keeps up, maybe we'll have a repeat of the Winter of 1998!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
R raysmyheart I will have to watch dragonwyck, thank you VERY much for the recommendation :)
mightyboosh mightyboosh
HAH
too funny LOL
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine WOW
no, no, no, not the schmutz
LOL
m3rma1d m3rma1d you are simply awesome!!
EDIT:
Just ten members kicking in a penny a post - for each post that they make themselves - is all that would be needed to match the good work that's been done over the past year. I don't think that any of us average more than a hundred posts a month to the current thread - at a penny a post, that's a buck a month. Heck, I'd kick in a dime a post just to see these shelters being given the chance to help kitties - because I do Love me some kitties!
So, yes, I'll join this, it's a grand idea.
Would you want to be the manager/accountant? Should we keep the same rules or ease them somewhat?
By the way, what was the decision on the Christmas cards?

Positive, I'm typing as fast as I can to get this positive in here before I get in trouble LOL
My positive is that there are people like you-all in this funny, strange, crazy, goofy old world.

Last edited:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - Hey, buddy - you got a little schmütz right... uhhh... well... everywhere.

;)

Still almost fifty degrees here as evening wears on into night, and by mid-week, the temperatures are supposed to climb back near the sixty degree mark. If this keeps up, maybe we'll have a repeat of the Winter of 1998!
I got schmütz everywhere, man. :flail:

Weather hasn't been 100% nice lately, so the barn animals are spending more time inside and the barn cats have decided roaming around is for idiots and are hanging around, which is good.
There's something nice and relaxing about a barn full of happy, dry, and well fed animals hanging out while you work/pretend to work, when the weather is throwing all kinds of crap outside. It's cozy.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
There's something nice and relaxing about a barn full of happy, dry, and well fed animals hanging out while you work/pretend to work, when the weather is throwing all kinds of crap outside. It's cozy.
It seriously is, I'd forgotten about that, thanks for a memory :)

positive, popcorn and ginger brew, watching Thursday night football and cheering on whoever the raiders are playing (tonight it's the 49ers) :thumbsup:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got schmütz everywhere, man. :flail:
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - Don't feel bad about doin' the Fosbury Fertiliser Flop over the stock gate. Last year, right about this time, I was bagging leaves in damp weather. Opened the door of the tractor, put my foot down on the top stair, and did a dance step that probably looked like Dick Van Dyke's banana peel slide, and ended up on top of a tree stump. Don't let people lie to you, Bruce - tree stumps are not all that comfortable.

Pawsitive: this year on November first, most of the leaves are still on the trees!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - Don't feel bad about doin' the Fosbury Fertiliser Flop over the stock gate. Last year, right about this time, I was bagging leaves in damp weather. Opened the door of the tractor, put my foot down on the top stair, and did a dance step that probably looked like Dick Van Dyke's banana peel slide, and ended up on top of a tree stump. Don't let people lie to you, Bruce - tree stumps are not all that comfortable.

Pawsitive: this year on November first, most of the leaves are still on the trees!
Tree stumps are nice for sitting, not for landing. Ask me, and my butt/back/torso. We know things.
That Dick Van Dyke maneuver is something I've done for many years on accident but never really re-created.
I wanted to mow one more time. But the leaves and the wind and the cold and the snow made wife ask me if I was really crazy or just pretending.
I won't be doing yard work til May, and I'll be sad.
The good news is once May 1st hits, I'll be outside all day and come here and complain to all you fine people about how much I hate yard work.
Yep, I'm old and there's no making me happy.
(I actually don't mind yard work until it over takes me, the weeds grow 20 feet high overnight, and I run screaming like some schmuck from Jurassic Park being chased/eventually eaten by a T-Rex.)
Pawsitive (and it's a HUGE pawsitive for us),
it was one year ago tomorrow (11-2) that our boy was diagnosed with asthma. For the first 6 months it was a hit or miss issue and he had a lot of hospitalizations.
For the latter 6 months, he's had one attack that concerned me, medication was given and it "tamed his airways" and no vet visit required.
I'm very grateful that he's still OK, because there came a time when we seriously discussed the cost AND his quality of life because he was hospitalized every 6-8 weeks.
Now, he seems happy, seems a-ok and is eating like a hog. Kinda like his old man. :crackup:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the idea of a Christmas card exchange! And somehow keeping the fundraising going, though I'd need more details on logistics. I usually just donate to Lelia's TNR when they have a fundraiser since they did let me adopt the world's best kitty.

So, after failing three times in a row, then having to go down ten pounds and working my way up, and failing again, I finally managed my five sets of 90lb squats today! Now I just have to get off the extra Halloween-time junk food and go from there. But still, progress!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I won't be doing yard work til May, and I'll be sad.
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - Holy cow, you are old! I still have to bag half a dozen acres of leaves, turn the compost pile, and top all the mulch beds. At the rate I work, it'll be May before I'm even finished.

Now, he seems happy, seems a-ok and is eating like a hog. Kinda like his old man. :crackup:
You? "A-okay?"

:flail::bliss::hyper: :flail:
hop.gif
:flail:

Pawsitive: the kitties have just had whatever they call Meal Number Three, and there are eleven happy cats, all grooming and thinking. "I wonder if the big one has some treats for us tonight?"

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just realized I purchased a pint of apple cider from the farm stand last week that I forgot about in my refrigerator. The 'use by' date is still good, so I will have my once a year treat tonight, Hot Apple Cider :fallsmiley:

The great thing about this is, the bottle states the cider was made from the farm's own apples. So I guess I am having hot apple cider with very locally-grown apples!

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am trying to make a slightly bad morning into a positive.
Despite leaving for work early today, I got stuck behind incredibly slow drivers. As I pulled into work 15 minutes late, I concluded that the universe was trying to tell me something. So I popped in just long enough to tell everyone I was taking the day off. I am going to use this day to early vote, get a haircut, and run other errands that I haven't had time for lately. I felt a little guilty for about 5 minutes but I have been working so many extra hours the past few months I felt I deserved a "me" day!

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
weebeasties weebeasties I hope you have an awesome me day as well as a great weekend:)

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine No nice sunrise photo today, overcast and rainy this morning. Not much color left on the trees with most of it on the ground here. The rain and wind over the past few weeks have done a good job of stripping a lot of the color off the trees. Kind of drab outside but at least it is a Friday:)

If we do carry on the fundraising part of the Mega Pawsitive I would prefer to send lump sums. Kind of like a prepaid credit card. I think it would be easier with me living across the border. I would also like to see it where people that do plenty on their own to help cats are exempt. If anything I would like to see money go to such people and not come from them. I guess the same would hold true for people that cannot afford to donate but would like to participate. I realize it is not much money but for some people every penny counts. I think it would have to be anonymous because we don't want to embarrass people as there is nothing pawsitive about that. "The Mega PAWSitive Anonymous FUNraiser"?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would also like to see it where people that do plenty on their own to help cats are exempt. If anything I would like to see money go to such people and not come from them. I guess the same would hold true for people that cannot afford to donate but would like to participate. I realize it is not much money but for some people every penny counts. I think it would have to be anonymous because we don't want to embarrass people as there is nothing pawsitive about that. "The Mega PAWSitive Anonymous FUNraiser"?
Shane Kent Shane Kent - I was only suggesting a possible way to carry forward the good work that's been done here, along with continuing the thread's upbeat theme; I wasn't suggesting that there would be any sort of mandate to toss in a penny a post. You're right, of course - the idea was a poor one indeed.

As to helping other TCS members who use up their personal resources helping cats in need, I agree. Maybe the way to do it is to nominate one member each month or each quarter, and appoint them the recipient of whatsoever donations the participants feel they wish to make privately.

Grey and overcast here today as well, but still more like September than November. Temperatures in the fifties so near the year's end can't be anything less than pawsitive.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
the idea was a poor one indeed.
I don't think it is a bad idea, I think the overall idea is great:) I really like the idea of money going to members that run into problems in their endeavor to help cats.

As for something pawsitive. It is definitely not negative to want to help fellow cat lovers:) Not a poor idea at all!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My PAWSitive for this morning is that, as usual, I enjoyed the dawn and watering the plants. The yard looks pretty nice except for the bare spots where plants were lost in the heat, and the grass (or what passes for it).
The other PAWSitive is that there are three really great shows on right now: "SUPER CATS" on PBS, about different species of big cats; "BIG CAT TALES", featuring lions, leopards, and cheetahs in the Maasai Mara, and "CRIKEY! IT'S THE IRWINS!" featuring the wife, daughter and son of beloved "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin and their friends and co-workers at Australia Zoo. Last night there was also a wonderful film, "The Steve Irwin Story" about the life and legacy of this remarkable man. Miss him SO much and am heartened that his family and friends are continuing the work he gave his life for.

Status
Not open for further replies.