Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I have music in my apartment again!
animated-banana-smiley-image-0050.gif
bananas with drums.gif
banana jazz.gif
banana guitar 2.gif
I've been without for a long time for reasons too involved to describe here but they involve Chula's Big Butt insisting on resting itself on certain electronic devices. Amazon had a good deal on their Echo/Alexa thingy and I've spent the last day tossing out the name of a song that I want to hear and then hearing it. It's lovely to have music surrounding me again! :yess:
bouncer.gif
:hyper::bunnydance::banana2:

smiley_bananas.gif
smiley_bananas.gif
smiley_bananas.gif

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I have music in my apartment again! View attachment 209081 View attachment 209082 View attachment 209083 View attachment 209084 I've been without for a long time for reasons too involved to describe here but they involve Chula's Big Butt insisting on resting itself on certain electronic devices. Amazon had a good deal on their Echo/Alexa thingy and I've spent the last day tossing out the name of a song that I want to hear and then hearing it. It's lovely to have music surrounding me again! :yess:View attachment 209085 :hyper::bunnydance::banana2:

View attachment 209086 View attachment 209086 View attachment 209086
I love that banana dance party! It totally shows off the pawsitivity of this thread! :woohoo:

How did you find the multicolored bananas? In my smilies I only see the yellow ones.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I love that banana dance party! It totally shows off the pawsitivity of this thread! :woohoo:

How did you find the multicolored bananas? In my smilies I only see the yellow ones.
I'm not sure - I downloaded from several smiley sites to get my banana collection. You can download it from my post, though. Just right click on them. All of those bananas are really one file posted three times so you only need to download it once.

I like the banana guys, too. They are so cheerful! Here are some more:

animated-banana-smiley-image-0001.gif
animated-banana-smiley-image-0036.gif
Banana jumping rope.gif
Banana Santa.gif
banana skiing.gif
animated-banana-smiley-image-0035.gif
animated-banana-smiley-image-0034.gif
banana_smiley_028.gif
banana batman.gif
banana_smiley_142.gif
sfun_bananachaplin.gif
sfun_banana4.gif
animated-banana-smiley-image-0016.gif
banana woohoo.gif

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure - I downloaded from several smiley sites to get my banana collection. You can download it from my post, though. Just right click on them. All of those bananas are really one file posted three times so you only need to download it once.

View attachment 209087 View attachment 209088 View attachment 209090 View attachment 209091 View attachment 209092 View attachment 209093 View attachment 209094 View attachment 209095 View attachment 209096 View attachment 209097 View attachment 209098 View attachment 209099 View attachment 209100View attachment 209101
margd margd I'm lovin' the bananas! Thank you for sharing them. That was PAWsitively sweet of you!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 cat stuff seems to spill over into every room and yet, their favorite things are the simple ones. IMG_20171205_190530.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
margd margd I'm lovin' the bananas! Thank you for sharing them. That was PAWsitively sweet of you!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 cat stuff seems to spill over into every room and yet, their favorite things are the simple ones. View attachment 209105
donnae donnae -- yeah, no matter how many stylish and fun things we get for them, NOTHIN' beats a good BOX. It's the eternal truism of cats. Or something. :gingercat:
IMG_2665.JPG

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise

View attachment 209087 View attachment 209088 View attachment 209090 View attachment 209091 View attachment 209092 View attachment 209093 View attachment 209094 View attachment 209095 View attachment 209096 View attachment 209097 View attachment 209098 View attachment 209099 View attachment 209100View attachment 209101
Thank you so much for sharing all those smilies! They are so much fun. And the Christmas ones are perfect for this time of year!

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer my cats love the "vesper v high base" cat tree. It comes in black of the lighter oak and blends well with the furniture. We attached our own toys in this picture, but I've seen the lighter one on sale recently for half price. And half price makes my day PAWsitively better!View attachment 209102 View attachment 209103
Thank you so much for the pics. We did look at that one! In the walnut like yours. We have walnut mid century furniture in our living room, so I thought it might be nice, but the more sleek and minimalist design meant there weren't as many features that we wanted to try out. Although I'm not sure what they'll even end up using the most. I love how you added play space with the scratching post and cave bed. Your house is beautiful, as is your cat! :happycat:

We might still get one of those, or make something in that style out of a vintage bookshelf. I have a few inspirational ideas from other cool DIY cat trees.
In the meantime, our cat tree from chewy actually arrived today, so that's super exciting news for me and the kitties! It's one of the biggest ones they have, and was much cheaper than the smallest model at the pet store. I can't wait to assemble it!

Rosemary Patricia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
this is great news!!! :clap: i love when TCS has these fundraisers, and especially that our efforts/the donation will go to help cats! :redheartpump:

my cats are all happy and warm, napping comfortably! this makes me so very happy!
Great news especially for all of us who have rescue cats, adds to cat protection. Good onya Cat Site.

Last edited by a moderator:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer -- have you looked at hauspanther.com for cat trees? I think you'd be guaranteed to find something that meets all of the criteria there. There are a lot of links to all kinds of trees of every style imaginable.
@karmacappa -- we're on our second one of those. They are THE BEST we've found for actual cat enjoyment and real serious clawing.
Friday -- my favorite day. There is some containment on each of the major fires, for which I am so grateful. We continue to be safe and thankful for that.
View attachment 209078
Here's a happy boy lounging on his perch enjoying his window on the world.
Thanks for the hauspanther suggestion! I hadn't seen those. Maybe I'll use this less expensive one for our laundry room (aka the cats sun room,) and the nicer one in the living area.

On a whim, I went into a cool local pet shop for some pet gifts for friends. Although I love chewy.com (and their customer service is incredible,) I also like to shop and see things in person. I had intended to just go out to the post office to mail some orders, so it was nice to turn an errand into a fun trip.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent , now I add IKEA envy to my standing CAT FURNITURE ENVY of you and yours. Seriously, your cats must be the happiest in the land! Do they have an open-ended credit account? :purr:
Max's Human Max's Human -- silvervine is an Asian plant with similar appeal for cats to catnip. If you haven't tried it, you owe it to MAX. :dizzycat:
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer , glad to share! Hauspanther is THE one-stop place to go for all of your feline needs, IMHO, and as I never tire of saying, our "Aunt Kate" is the nicest, most generous person.
Our necklace from her amazing artist friend arrived today. It's from the sale she had to raise money to help Kate, who is recovering from some pretty serious surgery. I haven't opened it yet because even though Christmas is not a holiday for me, it's so "everywhere" that I've chosen to open my gift to myself then. Really excited about it as it has several layers of specialness and meaning for me. And of course I never forget the furmily at this time -- I used to buy a piece of cat furniture each year, but the house is kind of full, and we kind of have everything we need in that department, though we don't have the amazing things certain Canadian cats do :coolcat:; and we have just about every toy made, so they are getting some extra special foods and their favorite treats from Drs. Foster & Smith -- guaranteed to please!
IMG_0487.JPG

Big Blue, maintaining his bigness AND his blueness.

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the pics. We did look at that one! In the walnut like yours. We have walnut mid century furniture in our living room, so I thought it might be nice, but the more sleek and minimalist design meant there weren't as many features that we wanted to try out. Although I'm not sure what they'll even end up using the most. I love how you added play space with the scratching post and cave bed. Your house is beautiful, as is your cat! :happycat:

We might still get one of those, or make something in that style out of a vintage bookshelf. I have a few inspirational ideas from other cool DIY cat trees.
In the meantime, our cat tree from chewy actually arrived today, so that's super exciting news for me and the kitties! It's one of the biggest ones they have, and was much cheaper than the smallest model at the pet store. I can't wait to assemble it!
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer Send pictures when assembled please and best wishes with a DIY project. They can be so much fun! I enjoy putting the extra love into DIY things!

Status
Not open for further replies.