The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Chewy sounds like a good company. I order most of my cat food online and they usually send me a free gift/food sample to try. This month they sent me some mango and tuna flavoured soft treats. Mango? Really!?

Most of my cats turned their noses up at them but the little kittens, who will eat anything, finished them off. It's always nice to get something for free.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh I didn't know they did free stuff on chewy! I'm going to have to use them. I have to use coupons for the 12 that are here now, and to try and keep up with the diaper and vet expense of the 2 incontinent ones. Maybe I'll use them for food so I don't have to go get it!

So the kitties got a free visitor today as I had someone come to tell me about a furnace. They got some major ham time in, and bob made out like a bandit on the love! Merlin was all over me like this is my mom, and my weiner dog of coarse tried to pee on his carry box thing (I already knew so he had to stay either in another room or in my hands). It was good though cause Every one got attention and made giant fools of themselves but he really didn't seem to mind at all.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
donnae will do! I'll put up some pics of this one, and likely get some advice / opinions from y'all once I embark on my DIY.

Oh, and Chewy really is the best. Like, almost scarily so. I work in retail customer service, and if this is the level of accommodation people now expect, I might lose my mind. I love being their customer, though. Some things that I've heard about or experienced from chewy customer service:

1) I got a hand-written postcard after my first order with them.
2) I wrote a 3 star review for a couple of products I purchased from them. Not negative, mind you, just neutral. They refunded my card for the amounts, and sent an email apologizing, and reminding me that if I ever buy something that "doesn't meet my standards, or that my pet just doesn't like," to contact them for a full refund.
3) I've always gotten two day shipping (which works for any order over $50) - which some people *cough* AMAZON *cough* promise and don't deliver.
4) I read a review of pet stairs I was considering for my senior dog. They were like $100 and very nice. One purchaser said they were excellent stairs, but he tried for a month to get his his dog to use them. The dog wouldn't, because he was scared. Chewy just reminded the guy anyway, and then told him to donate the stairs.
5) I always get any questions I ask about particular items answered in a timely manner.
6) I've found all my pets food for much cheaper on chewy than other stores.
7) I got an extra e-collar in my order, which they said I could also keep or donate.
8) I asked why I was charged tax on an order, because I wasn't before. They explained that they expanded to CA, so they had to, but refunded the tax on that order and gave me 10% off for next time.
9) They emailed me asking to share pics of my pets for their office message board. Because they love being reminded of their furry customers as they work!
10) The founders sent me this really sweet Christmas card in the mail. (Yeah, I know they probably didn't hand write it, but SOMEONE did...that's real pen marks!)

IMG_8778.JPG

Finding a retailer that lets me spoil my pets rotten, even on my budget, and also has great customer service? That's PAWsitive in my book.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer thanks for the wonderful info. Definitely going to tr chewy as I have been stalking a new cat tree on there for quite awhile lol. I like when u get free stuff and refunds are easy.

My mom gave us a tunnel toy and I don' think they have stopped playing in it! She said it was inexpensive from Wal-Mart and there are different attachments to buy for like $6 and $7! Cheap means great here! They are having a blast!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I had to take Panthera to the vet today because he had been throwing up a couple of times in the last few days. When he threw up water it was time for the vet. He whined the whole way unlike Patrick who never made a peep. So Panthera got an x-ray to see if he was eating something he should not and blood work as he had not seen the vet in 4 years and he is now 10. There is something peculiar looking in his guts but not sure what, there are bubbles visible, he may have pancreatitis. The blood work will show that. Now this will seem like a real downer but it is not. Patrick is staying overnight but we will have a definite diagnosis by tomorrow, I will be able to take him home and my vet is the greatest. He always asks me when he writes up the bill if it will be ok as he knows I am on a limited budget and he would cut the bill to something I can afford if it is too much. What kind of vet would do that? Only one who loves animals and is concerned about their care takers. See? I told you this was not a downer.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a big order from Chewy that was suppose to arrive to day and it did not! Manny was not happy about that. It appears it was due to inclement weather. It did start snowing later today. Bummer!

segelkatt segelkatt I hope your kitty is going to be ok! Funny you mention vet prices. I posted a thread about vets like yours. Some vets rule, some, not so much! Check out Reasonable Vet Prices!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had the kitties come up to greet me when I get home. It's probably my fault. I enter through the kitchen where the kitties are not allowed without supervision. They are responsible for too many knocked over garbage cans and too much broken glass. :nono: I usually have some foodstuffs with me - leftovers or groceries - when I get home. By the time I put things away and enter the main part of the house, my arrival must be old news.

But in the last two weeks, Seal has started a greeting ritual. When I finally sit down, he climbs up on my chest and does a snuggling, nuzzling and purring bit that is charming! :petcat: It is such an intense experience, I almost swoon. :redheartpump::thumbsup: I don't have to be gone long, 90 minutes is enough to trigger this response. It makes me want to go out visiting more, because of the sweet reception I get when I come home! :happycat:

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had to take Panthera to the vet today because he had been throwing up a couple of times in the last few days. When he threw up water it was time for the vet. He whined the whole way unlike Patrick who never made a peep. So Panthera got an x-ray to see if he was eating something he should not and blood work as he had not seen the vet in 4 years and he is now 10. There is something peculiar looking in his guts but not sure what, there are bubbles visible, he may have pancreatitis. The blood work will show that. Now this will seem like a real downer but it is not. Patrick is staying overnight but we will have a definite diagnosis by tomorrow, I will be able to take him home and my vet is the greatest. He always asks me when he writes up the bill if it will be ok as he knows I am on a limited budget and he would cut the bill to something I can afford if it is too much. What kind of vet would do that? Only one who loves animals and is concerned about their care takers. See? I told you this was not a downer.
segelkatt segelkatt I hope Panthers is ok. PAWsitive thoughts and prayers your way. Some PAWsitive info on excellent vets, I take my crew to a large chain vet thru a pet store and absolutely love my vet there. I have their pet insurance plan for Capt. Jack and he gets all vaccines due, comprehensive blood work and fecal testing twice a year plus unlimited office visits for about $20 per month. Major Tom doesn't have a plan yet, as he came to us fully vetted for the year. Hershey Kisses snapped at the kitten last night over food found on the floor and grazed him under the eye. It was 15 minutes before vet closing time when I called. Luckily it was the vet who answered the phone and said come right over. She had actually stayed after her shift to help in the office because some staff were out with the flu. She took a look to let me know if he should go to emergency or be seen thru them in the morning. Luckily, it wasn't serious, just barely a scratch and the eye itself was fine. Sent us on our way with no charge. I used to work for a vet office many years ago and just walking they the door was an office visit charge. This place is such a refreshing change!

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt I hope Panthers is ok. PAWsitive thoughts and prayers your way. Some PAWsitive info on excellent vets, I take my crew to a large chain vet thru a pet store and absolutely love my vet there. I have their pet insurance plan for Capt. Jack and he gets all vaccines due, comprehensive blood work and fecal testing twice a year plus unlimited office visits for about $20 per month. Major Tom doesn't have a plan yet, as he came to us fully vetted for the year. Hershey Kisses snapped at the kitten last night over food found on the floor and grazed him under the eye. It was 15 minutes before vet closing time when I called. Luckily it was the vet who answered the phone and said come right over. She had actually stayed after her shift to help in the office because some staff were out with the flu. She took a look to let me know if he should go to emergency or be seen thru them in the morning. Luckily, it wasn't serious, just barely a scratch and the eye itself was fine. Sent us on our way with no charge. I used to work for a vet office many years ago and just walking they the door was an office visit charge. This place is such a refreshing change!
What chain was this? If the chain is close to me, I will investigate there business.

My wife is so happy that I got the scratching post and so are the kitties, except Noka broke the toy mouse off the post on the first day. She plays with the mouse loose on the floor now.

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What chain was this? If the chain is close to me, I will investigate there business.
My wife is so happy that I got the scratching post and so are the kitties, except Noka broke the toy mouse off the post on the first day. She plays with the mouse loose on the floor now.
Father of furbabies Father of furbabies it's Banfield thru PetSmart and although I have never purchased thru them online to attest to customer service in that way, they do price match Chewy in the store. I am frequently in the store and local staff is wonderful.
I think the toys come off rather easily on most of the trees.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's getting cold, but unfortunately we did not have snow yet. I would like to see Missy's reaction to her first snow experience. Last year, we had no snow at all :( and the year before we had very little, but Missy was not allowed to go outside, because she had not been spayed yet.
I think she will like the snow. Meanwhile Missy is enjoying online entertainment ...

IMG_4351.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.