The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Father of furbabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have a local vet clinic that we love but I'm always on the look out for backups and have come to trust this site more.

Our two dogs have appointments at their groomers today so I will be looking around the store closer as we are going to start compare shopping for some cat furniture. Slowly convincing the wife to get rid of our sofa so I can setup the cat furniture in it's spot. My wife and I have our chairs. With almost no visitors, why keep the sofa? Give the dogs a place to lay (they have dog beds for that).

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
The foster kittens are starting to get on well with our resident cats.

:clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2:

I think this will make them much easier to find forever homes for. It's always good if you can say they get on well with other animals.

Spider and Forest Cat
View attachment 209189
Jack and Carpet
View attachment 209190

Freya and Spooky
View attachment 209191
Thanks for the pics of Carpet and Forest Cat, my all-time favorites of your menagerie. I see that Carpet is all black again. Have you kept a record regarding what time of year or at what temperature she changes color? It seems to me that she has the Siamese gene that causes her to get dark when it gets cold. My Birman, who of course also has the Siamese gene, gets much darker in the winter and lightens up a lot during the summer although her points on face and legs stay pretty much the same, it's her body that shows a definite color change. Temps here get as high as 100 and low to 35, so not anywhere like in your part of the world.

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Please be very careful with Banfield, in my state they're absolutely horrible ripoffs and have awful overpriced care to any cats.
I brought in my beloved Inky when he was still feral, idiot vet told me he had kidney failure without doing a single lab because she was afraid of him.
Thek my
Told me to euthanize him on the spot, I said no way, then she did blood work at my absolute insistence, and of gf1. O did and she's pointing linrf of
@inkysmom I'm so glad things worked out well for Inky. I believe it is your trust in your vet and your relationship with your vet that matters. When my Pier One was diagnosed with untreatable cancer at a routine visit for shots at the vet that I had for over 20 years and used to work for, I decided to switch to a more preventive form of vet care. The insurance through Banfield makes it more affordable for twice yearly check ups and yearly blood work. I also love that I can take my covered pets in for a office visit whenever with no copays! PAWsitively better than my people insurance and no high deductible!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton new throw.jpg
I have a new nickname for Carleton - this morning I called him my little cupcake even though he's far from little. :wink: I told him he's the sweetest guy and puts the frosting in my life. :hearthrob: I know it sounds corny but it's oh so true.

Last edited:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rolleyes2: :think: ... If smilies counted as words, just think about how much money could we earn for donating to the cat shelter(s)!!

This morning on Milly's Walkies in our apartment building's hallways, she GALLOPED for the first time since her surgery!
woohoo!

lol, I cooled her down like a racehorse with an additional Walkies around the hall before we called it quits for today.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NewYork1303 NewYork1303 , I'd be more than glad to be the taste tester for that Swedish rice custard. Because you have to make sure it's okay, you know. And an unbiased opinion is always best. :yummy:
Working away with my big blue/cream laptop purrin' away. Was able to clip Tarifa's claws when she did some laptopping a few minutes ago! They REALLY needed it. She gets nervous when I clip her claws, but I've waited and I wasn't going to wait any more, especially after seeing her chewing on a claw. Even though she hates the clipping, I'm sure she's going to be a lot more comfortable now. Wish she'd let me do that back claws too, but celebrating a win for having at least gotten the front ones done.

IMG_0328.JPG

Tortoiseshell "reading the news" on the cat Internet

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Update on Panthera. The vet just called me saying that the blood work did indeed show pancreatitis but Panthera can go home this afternoon. He will be on WD prescription diet which is low in fat and which Patrick had been eating, no treats and he should be fine. The extra fluid also helped him. As he had been putting on a bit of weight this should help him slim down a bit also. So everybody is happy. Thank you to everybody who had been rooting for him.

Also, Patrick has been in his new home now for three weeks and is doing well, eating, pooping and being himself. I don't hear much about him but that he is in a home of cat lovers who will take good care of him. He deserves a good forever home, he had been here for 3 years as a foster and with every year it became harder to find a place for a now 6 year old all black semi-long haired cat with a pooping problem and being anti-social. He has finally found that special person who loves his bunny-soft fur.

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm having a lovely afternoon. It's snowing outside, I'm inside warm and cozy, beautiful music is playing, two adorable and loving cats are sitting next to me and I've heard from several good friends today. To top it all off, I've been reading about pawsitive stuff in this thread and loving it. :redheartpump:

Outside my window, tree branches are coated with snow but next spring's leaves and flowers are safely tucked in their buds for the winter. All is well in my little world. :hellocomputer:
DSC_1554 2133x3200.jpg

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It started snowing here yesterday afternoon and still today. Not a lot of accumulation, around 2 to 3 inches. I opened the door to see if Manny would be interested in going out. He just turned around and walked away. He's been sleeping a good bit, like he knows this is good weather for relaxing.

Update on Panthera. The vet just called me saying that the blood work did indeed show pancreatitis but Panthera can go home this afternoon. He will be on WD prescription diet which is low in fat and which Patrick had been eating, no treats and he should be fine. The extra fluid also helped him. As he had been putting on a bit of weight this should help him slim down a bit also. So everybody is happy. Thank you to everybody who had been rooting for him.

Also, Patrick has been in his new home now for three weeks and is doing well, eating, pooping and being himself. I don't hear much about him but that he is in a home of cat lovers who will take good care of him. He deserves a good forever home, he had been here for 3 years as a foster and with every year it became harder to find a place for a now 6 year old all black semi-long haired cat with a pooping problem and being anti-social. He has finally found that special person who loves his bunny-soft fur.
Good that you found out what the problem was and glad to hear he will be o.k.!

It's getting cold, but unfortunately we did not have snow yet. I would like to see Missy's reaction to her first snow experience. Last year, we had no snow at all :( and the year before we had very little, but Missy was not allowed to go outside, because she had not been spayed yet.
I think she will like the snow. Meanwhile Missy is enjoying online entertainment ...

View attachment 209216
That's so cute! She seems to be really focused on her work! Is she watching cat video's on youtube? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's getting cold, but unfortunately we did not have snow yet. I would like to see Missy's reaction to her first snow experience. Last year, we had no snow at all :( and the year before we had very little, but Missy was not allowed to go outside, because she had not been spayed yet.
I think she will like the snow. Meanwhile Missy is enjoying online entertainment ...

View attachment 209216
mama africa mama africa - If Missy likes the snow, send here here - this is a photo of an early October storm some years ago:

bigsnow.jpg

October and November are gone, and it was fine and fair enough today to work in the yard the whole day through. Nearly mid-December and good weather? That's as pawsitive as it gets in northwestern New York!

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mama africa mama africa - If Missy likes the snow, send here here - this is a photo of an early October storm some years ago:

View attachment 209302

October and November are gone, and it was fine and fair enough today to work in the yard the whole day through. Nearly mid-December and good weather? That's as pawsitive as it gets in northwestern New York!
Missy thanks you for the invitation, but we will wait for the snow to come in Belgium, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . We are counting down the days...

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't help laughing at an earlier post mentioning that toys don't last long on cat trees. I got the boys a new tree for their birthday back in March. The dangly toy lasted 10 minutes. I think it was Murphy who bit down on it, jumped to the ground promptly snapping the string, and took off with it to the other room. I'm not sure why they even bother putting the toys on them. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.