The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are just now starting to pack? I won't be moving until next August and I have already started to sort and pitch stuff out and packing things I will not need right now. A little bit every week so I will not have any regrets or wondering why I keep dragging stuff with me once I get to my new place. Of course, I will be moving out of state and over many years have accumulated a lot of stuff that should not move with me again. I also won't be totally worn out by the time it comes for the move. My son will rent a truck, various friends and acquaintances have promised to help load it, put my car on a flat-bed trailer behind the truck and off we'll go for an 11-hour trip. Since my son is a big-rig driver he is well qualified to drive the truck. I suppose since you will just be changing apartments within the same town and don't have a lot of stuff and furniture you won't need as much time. The less stuff you have the easier it is to move which certainly is pawsitive. My cats have moved with me before and they are good travellers so that is good too, they won't be too stressed out with each riding in their own large carrier and since we will be travelling during the day they are most likely going to sleep during the whole trip anyway.
Yes I know it's quite last minute haha. We're moving on the 15th. We don't live in a house but our 2bdr apartment is pretty full because of cat stuff like cat trees and the litter robot. It's just so hard for me to pack ahead of the time because I keep thinking I still need everything!! Lol. I don't even want to put my videogame systems away because I might want to play! But I have to use some will power this weekend and get serious about packing things away so I don't end up running around like a headless chicken next week.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I woke up to NO RAIN this morning although it was still coming down during the night. Checked out my garden to make sure it had not washed away:p. It hasn't and everything has grown beautifully with all that rain. As I came around the corner from where I live there was a panorama of the Sierra all covered with snow, with the sun shining on it it was just blazing and with that polished blue sky it was just gorgeous. No snow on the local mountains and the Sierra is about 150+ miles from here.
P1010439.JPG

Here are pics just for tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 of some of the veggies growing in my garden right now
P1010428.JPG
red cabbage, bokchoy, Swiss chard with green onions
P1010429.JPG
savoy cabbages
The milk bottles are put over lettuce and other things that snails/slugs love and destroy and that I am not willing to share with them. The egg shells serve the same purpose.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are just now starting to pack? I won't be moving until next August and I have already started to sort and pitch stuff out and packing things I will not need right now. A little bit every week so I will not have any regrets or wondering why I keep dragging stuff with me once I get to my new place. Of course, I will be moving out of state and over many years have accumulated a lot of stuff that should not move with me again. I also won't be totally worn out by the time it comes for the move. My son will rent a truck, various friends and acquaintances have promised to help load it, put my car on a flat-bed trailer behind the truck and off we'll go for an 11-hour trip. Since my son is a big-rig driver he is well qualified to drive the truck. I suppose since you will just be changing apartments within the same town and don't have a lot of stuff and furniture you won't need as much time. The less stuff you have the easier it is to move which certainly is pawsitive. My cats have moved with me before and they are good travellers so that is good too, they won't be too stressed out with each riding in their own large carrier and since we will be travelling during the day they are most likely going to sleep during the whole trip anyway.
*It's who you know*, isn't it, segelkatt segelkatt ? How wonderful that your son will be able to be so helpful! and also that your cats are pros at moving. Mine are, too. Seems like that's all I've done in my life -- I think I counted 18 moves so far. Hopefully this will be our permanent place now. Of course I'd much rather be in the Mojave, but I love this place, too, and it's very convenient, which living in a "designated place" in the dez is not. Like you, I start early and have almost everything boxed up in advance, because it's always exciting to be going to a new place. Hope your moves go very well, segelkatt segelkatt and kittyluv387 kittyluv387 !

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Yes I know it's quite last minute haha. We're moving on the 15th. We don't live in a house but our 2bdr apartment is pretty full because of cat stuff like cat trees and the litter robot. It's just so hard for me to pack ahead of the time because I keep thinking I still need everything!! Lol. I don't even want to put my videogame systems away because I might want to play! But I have to use some will power this weekend and get serious about packing things away so I don't end up running around like a headless chicken next week.
I am moving from a 2-bdrm apartment also and my place is stuffed also. You are the only person I know who also has Litter Robot. I have the original one and the Open Air but the cats usually use the Open Air, those cats are sooo spoiled.
I had started with books and movies and music when I started packing, giving those to Goodwill that I don't think I will ever listen to, watch or read again, then the fancy china and crystal, then bedding I keep for guests, then stuff from the kitchen. I broke down the cheap book cases which I will not take with me and trashed them and then I attacked my clothes and shoes closet. Anything that I do not love or does not fit anymore since I lost so much weight went to Goodwill. Of course I changed my mind several times over things but by the time I finally decided to pack items I was sure I would not be sorry later if I had gotten rid of something. I have also decided which items of furniture I will not take (my corner sofa and a giant chair and ottoman) and what I will use until I can replace them. I've already decided to get some units of Lovesac which is really good modular furniture (NOT cheap!) which you can put together many different ways and you can add units and also get new washable covers in over 100 fabrics, ideal for someone with cats, dogs or small children. It's also really good for when you want to move because it all comes apart, no heavy sofas to move which are a real pain to get around corners or up stairs. It's the best idea anyone has had in a long time, it's something I had dreamed of and now somebody has put my dream into reality. It's all good.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am moving from a 2-bdrm apartment also and my place is stuffed also. You are the only person I know who also has Litter Robot. I have the original one and the Open Air but the cats usually use the Open Air, those cats are sooo spoiled.
I had started with books and movies and music when I started packing, giving those to Goodwill that I don't think I will ever listen to, watch or read again, then the fancy china and crystal, then bedding I keep for guests, then stuff from the kitchen. I broke down the cheap book cases which I will not take with me and trashed them and then I attacked my clothes and shoes closet. Anything that I do not love or does not fit anymore since I lost so much weight went to Goodwill. Of course I changed my mind several times over things but by the time I finally decided to pack items I was sure I would not be sorry later if I had gotten rid of something. I have also decided which items of furniture I will not take (my corner sofa and a giant chair and ottoman) and what I will use until I can replace them. I've already decided to get some units of Lovesac which is really good modular furniture (NOT cheap!) which you can put together many different ways and you can add units and also get new washable covers in over 100 fabrics, ideal for someone with cats, dogs or small children. It's also really good for when you want to move because it all comes apart, no heavy sofas to move which are a real pain to get around corners or up stairs. It's the best idea anyone has had in a long time, it's something I had dreamed of and now somebody has put my dream into reality. It's all good.
I have thrown or given away to good will for some things at least. I looked up that modular furniture. It looks really cool!!! You know what I really like about it? No space at the bottom for kitties to hide in. Lol. I have a big couch with a chase. That modular furniture would have been much nicer to move with.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Friday, and things finally settled somewhat in my classroom. It's a process!

Meanwhile, Lelia's positive is that I took a new mousie toy out of my nightstand for her. She's been having so much fun playing with all her mousies this evening, and it's a joy to watch her.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Positive, I just started the slowcooker, will do a little housecleaning and almost all of the gifts are squared away, --only two left to get out the door and on their way, and a few to wrap including a new 'nip toy for the Big Kitty that's been hidden in the freezer for a few weeks LOL :gift: :santa:. :deer: .:gift:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely We're glad you're back! and we hope you find some interesting surprises to tell us all about.:D
Furballsmom Furballsmom So what's IN the slowcooker? *Inquiring minds want to know!* :yummy: And what are you wrapping for the BK? Dresser sounds nice -- pix pls!
@ileen Who (of the feline PURRsuasion) doesn't love mousies? :runningcat:
segelkatt segelkatt GORGEOUS pix. And ain't it the truth about TVs and monitors? *These hoomans are NO fun at all!*:angrycat:
My PAWSitive? There's a Big Blue purrer on my lap. He's not sure whether or not he wants to settle down. :bluecat:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The slowcooker has a mixture of dates, pitted green olives, figs, oregano, salt N pepper, some chicken stock and chicken thighs. I couldn't believe my nose as to how GOOD this smells plus this recipe took care of some leftover items, --love that :).

Big Kitty is getting a new yeoww banana :cloud9:

The top might be in place by the end of today and i'll be able to get photos then, as long as the final buffing goes as it is supposed to :crossfingers:

Positive, that it's a quiet, sunshiny day that is chilly but not aggressively so, and the Big Fella is sleeping after getting a bit of a supervised walkabout in the backyard :purr:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The slowcooker has a mixture of dates, pitted green olives, figs, oregano, salt N pepper, some chicken stock and chicken thighs. I couldn't believe my nose as to how GOOD this smells plus this recipe took care of some leftover items, --love that :).

Big Kitty is getting a new yeoww banana :cloud9:

The top might be in place by the end of today and i'll be able to get photos then, as long as the final buffing goes as it is supposed to :crossfingers:

Positive, that it's a quiet, sunshiny day that is chilly but not aggressively so, and the Big Fella is sleeping after getting a bit of a supervised walkabout in the backyard :purr:
Now where did you say you lived, Furballsmom Furballsmom ? I think you should let a taster see if that dish is good enough for you :lolup::yummy: *Sounds very good!*
We love our YEOWWW! toys. We have several fruits plus the amusingly named "My Cats' Balls" :crackup:

PAWSitively looking forward to pix. Maybe with a big cat. :yess:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:p

I remember someone here, my apologies that I don't know any longer who it was, mentioned that wetting old catnip toys can sometimes "re-activate" them. I've tried it a time or two and it seems to work, to a degree anyway, but who can resist getting a new one LOL :runningcat:

Positive; my chores are almost done for the day and I'll be able to watch some college football in a little while :cheerleader:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My Pawsitive is that my Christmas shopping is just about done!!! Just have to buy 2 more bottles of wine, and go through what I have, to organize it!

Lazy day today. I need it. Geoffrey keeps waking me up somewhere between 2:30-3;00 AM.... I need some sleep..

Came home from my errands, got a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha with Almond Milk, Alexa is playing Christmas Music, took a long nap on the sofa... lazy day...

House chores can wait until next week.. I do not care.

Just have to get my Nativity set out of storage and set it up. I need it for a 'real' Christmas. It is over 50 years old...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely We're glad you're back! and we hope you find some interesting surprises to tell us all about.:D
Unfortunately no surprises, we were disappointed because they sold out before we got there. I guess the early bird catches the cookie, not the worm. ;) But the 'pawsitive' is that they sold all the cookies and the money goes to a good cause.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finished Christmas shopping for my kids today. :banana1: :santa: They had practice for their Christmas program so I went shopping with my mother. I got stocking stuffers and everything done. They are always the biggest job; so its nice to get it out of the way early. There is one game for DS I'm hoping will come down in price. But I don't HAVE to get it. I've just had my eye on it for a while. You have to use certain track pieces to make a roller coaster. It's a STEM game so it costs more than most game boards:

Maybe for his birthday! I think I've finished DH too. It's almost time to focus on cookies!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:p

I remember someone here, my apologies that I don't know any longer who it was, mentioned that wetting old catnip toys can sometimes "re-activate" them. I've tried it a time or two and it seems to work, to a degree anyway, but who can resist getting a new one LOL :runningcat:

Positive; my chores are almost done for the day and I'll be able to watch some college football in a little while :cheerleader:
Tenderizing them works, too! My cat goes nuts! :runaround: :dance:

pawsitive: Mr. PushPurr just made a great variation of what I called, Biscuit Bonanza!
General recipe...
Sauteed together sliced carrots, sliced parsnips, mushrooms, yukon gold potatoes, garlic, rosemary -- then added flour, broth, cream, a cubed pork chop (pre-cooked halfway), some pepper to taste, a bit cayenne to taste, and cooked all that 10-15 minutes more in same skillet, then poured into pyrex and covered the top in biscuits, then baked it all.

Comfort meal!

Status
Not open for further replies.