The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt Disappointed, eh? I for one am glad you were, though ;)
@Lari those look amazing! I hope they are as good as they look :yummy:
@LTS3 Hoping they approve all of the above! And yeah, bullying, whether at work, school, home, or ???, is never good. I was bullied in grammar school and it really stuck with me, though I've worked out ways to deal with the fallout.:yess:
My PAWSitive: It rained all night and is still raining! Supposed to continue through this evening. We need it SO badly and I love it, so here I am, tortoiseshell on lap, all of us fed, watered and cleaned for, and me working away for cats!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Still raining but nice and slow, no gushers, the streets are wet but not flooded, not even in the gutters which is great. The aquifers will love it and so will the farmers. All the trees will shed their dust and any smoke that settled on them and will be nice and green again. The creeks will be full instead of just a trickle if that. No watering of gardens and lawns required, it is so positive.
Staying in today unless something really important comes up.I don't even mind that it is cold, only in the 50s, and I have to turn on the heat although I am bundled up in layers and have knee socks on under my jeans. Last night I even pulled out my feather bed to sleep under, it was so nice and toasty and I had two cats sleeping on top of it, I did not need a heating pad on my sock-clad feet. Yes, I sleep UNDER my feather bed, not ON it, for that I have a wool pad under my bottom sheet. I tried flannel sheets but then my pj's get caught when I try to turn over and I get nightmares, thinking that I am tied up.
I'm listening to the water running down the drainpipe which always sounds like there is more water running down than there really is, I have to look out the window towards the street to see if it is flooding and there are not even puddles, just really wet.
Kitties are holed up somewhere sleeping the day away after I fed them, I have not seen or heard any of them since then. Soft music playing, I can just loaf today, there is nothing I absolutely have to do. This is certainly a pawsitive day.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today is the first day of division instruction for DDs math program and she picked it up like a champ! Even said "This is easy!" :thumbsup: (Personally I remember crying over math! :lol2:)

We are also making friends with a big brown tabby that likes to visit our yard. I can't tell if hes neutered yet. But he isn't running from us when we are all in the windows. lol

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is the first day of division instruction for DDs math program and she picked it up like a champ! Even said "This is easy!" :thumbsup: (Personally I remember crying over math! :lol2:)

We are also making friends with a big brown tabby that likes to visit our yard. I can't tell if hes neutered yet. But he isn't running from us when we are all in the windows. lol
Math was easy for me until I hit a roadblock -- algebra, and then I pretty much gave up trying to learn, which was really too bad. Congratulations!
And all the best for that stripesider! :redheartpump::climbcat::redheartpump:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Math was easy for me until I hit a roadblock -- algebra, and then I pretty much gave up trying to learn, which was really too bad. Congratulations!
And all the best for that stripesider! :redheartpump::climbcat::redheartpump:
I never thought I was good at math till I took a remedial class in college and things clicked. Its not quite as daunting now. Its still not my favorite though. ;)

You know they teach math differently now and I think it helps. DD has been solving simple algebraic problems since 2nd grade and DS curriculum starts in first. We call them mystery problems. They use addition and subtraction mostly; but its introduced more progressively. There is more emphasis on skip counting and that helped DD learn multiplication faster too. Its been less boring memorizing times tables and more hands on and word problems that give you a reason to understand the concept. I sure don't remember math being like that in school! We don't have spelling lists to memorize either. We learn WHY then spell.

Reading has not come nearly so easy to DD. But this year its clicking much faster and I'm really proud of her progress and her persistence. She even wrote her own little speech for our kids Christmas program. She used to be more shy.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was reading before I entered school at age 4. I ate up the entire kids' section of our local library before starting in on whatever books I could get for adults (including some I shouldn't have, that my mom liked -- trashy novels). And I would have been good on math, probably, if some things weren't happening in my personal life around that time. Oh well. Yeah, it's really great if kids are interested in learning!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
True that tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I was reading those thick historical romances by 10 years old. :lol2: I loved harlequin romances and silhouette intimate moments..and yes I read most of the young adult books by 10...somehow I got started on romances..the library used to give me boxes of them as I would out read their collection of romantic fiction...I loved my library. I went there 2 times a week and left with a stack of books. Turned out the people who donated the romances was an owner of an Annie's Bookstop used bookstore...And to this day I still love romance novels.

Somehow I managed ok with math. I felt algebra was easy..it's a formula and I just plug in the numbers. Trig was soso. I hated statistics. I didn't go any farther with math other than the 4 years of math in high school. I remember memorizing the multiple tables and hearing my dad tell me how to remember the 9's....said add 10 to a number then subtract 1. He is one of those people that can do complex math problems in his head. Me I need scratch paper and still sometimes I get it messed up.

A pawsitive, Honeybee is sleeping on Jon's chest...and I got my cassette player in the mail today-but only works if plugged into USB port-I found a copy of an old relaxation tape by David Illig SuccessWorld from the 1980s? I just finished listening to the instrumental music side-I am excited to finally have something I am familiar with for relaxation. He has CDs on Amazon and I bought the relaxation one to see if it's any different than the one he did in the 80s.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
True that tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I was reading those thick historical romances by 10 years old. :lol2: I loved harlequin romances and silhouette intimate moments..and yes I read most of the young adult books by 10...somehow I got started on romances..the library used to give me boxes of them as I would out read their collection of romantic fiction...I loved my library. I went there 2 times a week and left with a stack of books. Turned out the people who donated the romances was an owner of an Annie's Bookstop used bookstore...And to this day I still love romance novels.

Somehow I managed ok with math. I felt algebra was easy..it's a formula and I just plug in the numbers. Trig was soso. I hated statistics. I didn't go any farther with math other than the 4 years of math in high school. I remember memorizing the multiple tables and hearing my dad tell me how to remember the 9's....said add 10 to a number then subtract 1. He is one of those people that can do complex math problems in his head. Me I need scratch paper and still sometimes I get it messed up.

A pawsitive, Honeybee is sleeping on Jon's chest...and I got my cassette player in the mail today-but only works if plugged into USB port-I found a copy of an old relaxation tape by David Illig SuccessWorld from the 1980s? I just finished listening to the instrumental music side-I am excited to finally have something I am familiar with for relaxation. He has CDs on Amazon and I bought the relaxation one to see if it's any different than the one he did in the 80s.
My dad was brilliant at math -- his job dealt with accounting so he had to be, I guess. He wanted me to be a CPA but I really wasn't wired for it. Too bad, because they earn very well. :sigh:
I was artistic -- painting, drawing, writing, anything right brain. So my mom encouraged me to go in for business, which I did, reluctantly, and so thankful to her that I did, because I was able to feed myself, which I couldn't have doing art and haven't with writing.
Glad you found the tape and hope you enjoy new offerings!
There's a break in the rain here, after about 2" from this storm, which is such a blessing for us! Now a dry-out is forecast. They're having problems in the burn zones, which I'm very sad about, and hope it doesn't get too awful.
Looking forward to a pasta dinner and hopefully something good on the box, curled up with as many cats as I can persuade to join me under the warm blankets ;)

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has now turned into a regular thing at night. Stretch will jump up on the bed, push the blankets down with his paws, and then lay down as tight as possible against me. In fact, if I'm late, he will sit on the bed as if to ask "What's taking you so long?". Who is keeping whom warm? Who cares?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My pawsitive for yesterday was working from home & being able to take Luciano to the roof at lunch time. He had fun despite the cold weather.View attachment 265483 View attachment 265484
Working from home is the best for us cat people isnt it??

My positive is that I donated blood yesterday. I don't think I can do it anymore though because it really wiped me out this time!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good on ya Noodles! MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles We've been a Nutro family here for yonks. It's good food.
ileen ileen Big City Cat, Luciano! He's looking very much in the holiday mode with his bright red fancy leash, too. So nice to spend time during the day with him!
kittyluv387 kittyluv387 My dad always did that. Now you have a good reason to rest!
My personal PAWSitive is that a dear friend returned from her annual visit home and we went grocery shopping. It was an absolute madhouse, but I got in and got out with only 2 items I couldn't find/buy, and it was only about $3 more than last time. New, fresh produce and other foods always makes me feel PAWSitive!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad was brilliant at math -- his job dealt with accounting so he had to be, I guess. He wanted me to be a CPA but I really wasn't wired for it. Too bad, because they earn very well. :sigh:
I was artistic -- painting, drawing, writing, anything right brain. So my mom encouraged me to go in for business, which I did, reluctantly, and so thankful to her that I did, because I was able to feed myself, which I couldn't have doing art and haven't with writing.
Glad you found the tape and hope you enjoy new offerings!
There's a break in the rain here, after about 2" from this storm, which is such a blessing for us! Now a dry-out is forecast. They're having problems in the burn zones, which I'm very sad about, and hope it doesn't get too awful.
Looking forward to a pasta dinner and hopefully something good on the box, curled up with as many cats as I can persuade to join me under the warm blankets ;)
Oh btw CPA isn't all that!! Accounting is a difficult field and you really wont make that much unless you trade in your life somehow. Usually in the form of health and free time. Plus it's a thankless job. Super important and stressful but the companies never treat you right. I keep my CPA so that it makes my resume look nice but I am much better off since I left the accounting field.

Positive: Last weekend before the apartment move! Time to pack! I really need to start lol. Looking forward to the nicer place.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh btw CPA isn't all that!! Accounting is a difficult field and you really wont make that much unless you trade in your life somehow. Usually in the form of health and free time. Plus it's a thankless job. Super important and stressful but the companies never treat you right. I keep my CPA so that it makes my resume look nice but I am much better off since I left the accounting field.

Positive: Last weekend before the apartment move! Time to pack! I really need to start lol. Looking forward to the nicer place.
I guess it's relative. My CPA, who has her own business and assistant(s), gets a good check from me and depending on how many clients she has, I would think she'd be doing pretty well. Certainly better than a lot of people.
Wishing you the best on your move and in your new place!

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

You are just now starting to pack? I won't be moving until next August and I have already started to sort and pitch stuff out and packing things I will not need right now. A little bit every week so I will not have any regrets or wondering why I keep dragging stuff with me once I get to my new place. Of course, I will be moving out of state and over many years have accumulated a lot of stuff that should not move with me again. I also won't be totally worn out by the time it comes for the move. My son will rent a truck, various friends and acquaintances have promised to help load it, put my car on a flat-bed trailer behind the truck and off we'll go for an 11-hour trip. Since my son is a big-rig driver he is well qualified to drive the truck. I suppose since you will just be changing apartments within the same town and don't have a lot of stuff and furniture you won't need as much time. The less stuff you have the easier it is to move which certainly is pawsitive. My cats have moved with me before and they are good travellers so that is good too, they won't be too stressed out with each riding in their own large carrier and since we will be travelling during the day they are most likely going to sleep during the whole trip anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.