The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jcat jcat Don't you love those? I have many if not all of his books, and they are timeless and magical.
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 So true -- the great thing about helping others is it makes US feel great, too! So glad you could help and it will keep on helping as he watches the films.
My PAWSitive? Having a Big Blue laptop warming us both on his red cat blanket while I work. And reading all the good posts at TCS, too! :D

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Furballsmom Furballsmom That dresser does look nice, real professional looking. I've got one too that could stand some loving, also a matching 3-drawer chest of drawers and what used to be called a "hope chest", all of which have tops that are badly worn. Hardly any finish left. I had planned on doing that once it got cooler but then my landlord raised my rent and I found myself in the position of having to move by next August. So I decided to do that after I move just in case I manage to scratch up the tops during the move. I'll concentrate on refurbishing cat scratching posts and the tree with sisal rope instead. I did that once before and the post turned out to look like new. Right now I am trying to decide if I should strip the tree of its carpet where it is all beaten up or put the sisal OVER the carpet. The post did not have carpet but on the bottom where it was not scratched so I just took the old sisal off and put new coils on it, gluing them down with wood glue as I went. That was 3 years ago and it is just now starting to look like fringes at the very top. I will probably just take the shredded part off and start the new coils from there.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt thank you :)
I'm think you're really smart waiting, moving can be hard on furniture and your stress might be a bit less if you're not worried about brand new finishes :)
Positive, that although there was a small disaster involving a large dresser top, a very tight corner at the top of the stairs, and a hydroponic plant that got in the way, it didn't turn into a tragedy--no damage to the top, the vase didn't break, the drywall's still intact, and the carpet is now dry again :thumbsup:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've been rereading James Herriot's books, which are wonderful, and yesterday discovered that many episodes of the old (1978 - 1990) TV series, All Creatures Great and Small, are on YouTube.
Thanks for bringing back old memories of Dr. Herriot. :thanks: I have all if not almost all of his books and thoroughly enjoyed them. He is the old fashioned type of vet everyone would want to have care for their pets.

My Sunday pawsitive is having an extremely pleasant conversation and reuniting with an old acquaintance my husband and I used to meet walking our dog. Hopefully this will be the start of a lovely friendship.:)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom Yes, it looks so beautiful! Enjoy that.
segelkatt segelkatt Either way, I predict a lot of very happy scratching!
neely neely That's really nice. Hope so, too!
*Change of laptop* I now have a tortoiseshell model. Equally warm, equally loving and loved. I still can't get over how beautiful she looks in her new turquoise collar!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a busy weekend! Yesterday we did an early Christmas with the fiancé's family since his brother and sister-in-law are going to be away on the actual day, which was tons of fun, and today there were errands and trying to catch up. We skipped the gym today, so I'll have to go tomorrow, but I was so wiped out that I needed the rest instead so no regrets.

I was also pretty happy with the results of Dancing With the Stars Juniors, and the finale was a lot of fun!

Ten more school days until Christmas break!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got a lot of packing done for the move! We'll still be cooking till Wednesday so kitchen stuff wont be finished till last. The cats are being more playful because there are tons of boxes everywhere and more spots to hide behind. But I suppose they wont be too happy once they do get moved! Oh well.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 glad you are back and feeling better.

Boxes have been stacking up in the guest bedroom ever since I first decided that I will just have to move. Packing and sorting took my mind off the misery of having to move away from California when I really don't want to. I left lots of space around the daybed since my daughter will be sleeping there when she visits in February, I will just keep stacking as high as I can reach and after she leaves the rest of the space will be stacked also. After the corner sofa and giant chair with ottoman goes to Goodwill I will put the daybed in the living room with the two pieces in the corner where the corner sofa had been and it will still look like a living room. Then I will have more floor space in the guest bedroom for more boxes.
P1010461.JPG
there's bubble wrap on the right and moving blankets stacked up on the left, some stuff I have put in there that needs to be packed together with other small stuff and also some empty boxes on the very top.
When my friend closed down her business she gave me a lot of unused boxes which are still flat and in the closet waiting to be filled with the rest of the movies and music and books without which I just cannot live, I have to see them to be happy and it's still a long time until August. Come April I will pack the cold season clothes and shoes, the extra blankets and the feather bed. About the end of June I will start packing up the rest of the stuff.
Sometimes I'm all excited about a new place and then again I will get depressed because I really do not want to leave here. Then leaving my garden and year-round gardening is not wonderful either, BUT I will still have this winter garden and next summer's garden, there will be things to can and if the grapes get ripe early (I hope, I hope!) there will be a new batch of future wine fermenting in closed jars which I can take with me for next year's wine. After that I will plant more grape vines if I have space to do so and within a year or so I will have enough grapes again to make more wine. Yeah!
Which reminds me that this is supposed to be a PAWSITIVE thread: the wine from this year is just about ready. I tasted it last week and it is quite sweet and fruity and I can detect that it is rather potent. I have asked my neighbors to leave me their empty dark-colored wine bottles (the wine is red and dark bottles will keep it from fading), I have about 20 of them now (that should be enough for 4 gallons of wine which is sitting in carboys in the closet). I have ordered corks and a corker from Amazon and I am set to bottle my wine as soon as those items arrive. So the two neighbors who have given me bottles will both get a bottle of my wine for Christmas, I will enjoy my own wine, possibly mulled, and that is all around positive.
Some nuts to nibble on, a soft blanket and warm socks and leg warmers, the electric fire place and candles on the bookshelf making it homey looking with kitties next to and on me, some romantic movie on TV, that will be my Christmas. That may not be much for some but family can't come and I can't afford to go, at my age you don't need much, I won't be sad, my children always call me, I will be quite happy and that is sooo pawsitive.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 you were very missed, and I'm SO glad to hear you're ok!
Jcatbird Jcatbird , congrats on your year here :thumbsup:

My positive, that I met a lovely volunteer today as I was dropping of some food donations to an animal shelter nearby, she provided me with some valuable information and I was able to tell her about THIS site :cloud9:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom Thank you for the congrats! I actually owe thanks to everyone here for all the positive support this past year. It’s been quite an adventure and a happy ending for a lot of kitties. To each and every person here, thank you! I hope to keep conversing with you all! :heartshape:

segelkatt segelkatt I am looking at a move too. Not sure about that either! Lol It’s a lot as I get older but a new adventure! Travel is pretty much out too! My old bones don’t care for it. A friend took me to see my remaining family before Thanksgiving. That was a treat but exhausting. Christmas here will be much like yours there. I have spent most holidays with my kitties since my daughter left. It sounds like you are on a great path with your plans! It can be perfectly Happy cuddled up with the cats, a warm spot, a nice book or movie and phone calls with people who care. I wish you a very content and happy day on Christmas! I’ll be thinking of you.
I’ll be thinking of others here too! Merry, merry to all!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt It's looking good! I've actually organized peoples files and archives for a living, and those kinds of things are a passion of mine. I had crates stacked up many deep and wall to wall in our extra bedroom when we moved from S. El Monte to the Mojave, and again from there to here. It's a LOT of work, but so good to get it done in plenty of time! so one doesn't have to stress over last-minute stuff.
@Mamany1953 So glad you are feeling better and welcome back!
Jcatbird Jcatbird May all go well! You know you are a favorite of many of us here at TCS.
kittyluv387 kittyluv387 All the best for you and yours for your move, too! Yeah, it takes cats awhile to adapt, usually, because cats are very attached to place. But with lots of love and good food and attention, the process will go smoothly, I hope!

Once again, I have a Big Blue laptop with chin on wrist. He is so sweet.
IMG_1069.JPG
*Big Blue in the office, preening*:redheartpump::bluecat::redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you! That was a super sweet thing to say. You made me smile!!! You are a favorite too! I am so privileged to have met you and all the other kitty lovers here. The work you do with kitties is awesome! I think having interchangeable lap top covers is great. Fur covered too! :lol:
Looks like the shelter that is helping me now is going to be on Animal Planet! I happened to talk to them today while filming was going on. Yay! I hope that really helps the kitties at the shelter. I’ll try to get more details later. Maybe Tortuga and Liberty will become TV stars and find great homes! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.