The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt It's looking good! I've actually organized peoples files and archives for a living, and those kinds of things are a passion of mine. I had crates stacked up many deep and wall to wall in our extra bedroom when we moved from S. El Monte to the Mojave, and again from there to here. It's a LOT of work, but so good to get it done in plenty of time! so one doesn't have to stress over last-minute stuff.
@Mamany1953 So glad you are feeling better and welcome back!
Jcatbird Jcatbird May all go well! You know you are a favorite of many of us here at TCS.
kittyluv387 kittyluv387 All the best for you and yours for your move, too! Yeah, it takes cats awhile to adapt, usually, because cats are very attached to place. But with lots of love and good food and attention, the process will go smoothly, I hope!

Once again, I have a Big Blue laptop with chin on wrist. He is so sweet.
View attachment 266010*Big Blue in the office, preening*:redheartpump::bluecat::redheartpump:
Thank you for the well wishes! The kitties will have each other and us so I'm sure they will be ok in time.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm stumbling around getting water for coffee as I do, and I hear this noise behind me. I must not have closed the cat toy drawer in the pantry well enough, because my little brat had pulled it open and the end of the cat dancer we were playing with last night out and was batting at it and having all kinds of fun. Then she got it all the way out and couldn't figure out why it wasn't as fun on the floor.

God I love that clever cat. Even if I really have to make sure the drawer is 100% closed.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you! That was a super sweet thing to say. You made me smile!!! You are a favorite too! I am so privileged to have met you and all the other kitty lovers here. The work you do with kitties is awesome! I think having interchangeable lap top covers is great. Fur covered too! :lol:
Looks like the shelter that is helping me now is going to be on Animal Planet! I happened to talk to them today while filming was going on. Yay! I hope that really helps the kitties at the shelter. I’ll try to get more details later. Maybe Tortuga and Liberty will become TV stars and find great homes! :)
That makes my day super PAWSitive right away, Jcatbird Jcatbird ! SO glad you have found help for Tortuga and Liberty so quickly. *And the feeling is entirely mutual. Helping cats is one of my most important priorities, and anyone who is also involved in it is definitely at the top of my Favorite People List.
With the tortoiseshell laptop, I'm working away!
IMG_0972.JPG
*Tarifa in the bay window, sunning*

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kids had excellent dental check ups today. They see a pediatric dentist and he is just such a nice man. But he said both of their teeth looked excellent and to keep doing what we are doing. It also looks like DD has not inherited my family trait of retaining baby teeth. That's very pawsitive! :thumbsup:

Oh; I also got DH and I matching PJ pants for Christmas. Technically they are both mens pants; but who cares? Old Navy had flannel pants for $7. I also got myself a pair of cat ones. :thumbsup: Now to convince DH it's ok to do the matchy-Christmas jammies thing. :p :santa::deer:

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kids had excellent dental check ups today. They see a pediatric dentist and he is just such a nice man. But he said both of their teeth looked excellent and to keep doing what we are doing. It also looks like DD has not inherited my family trait of retaining baby teeth. That's very pawsitive! :thumbsup:

Oh; I also got DH and I matching PJ pants for Christmas. Technically they are both mens pants; but who cares? Old Navy had flannel pants for $7. I also got myself a pair of cat ones. :thumbsup: Now to convince DH it's ok to do the matchy-Christmas jammies thing. :p :santa::deer:
They just make mens pajamas better and comfier! I always "steal" my bfs pants. We actually buy them for both of us to wear haha.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They just make mens pajamas better and comfier! I always "steal" my bfs pants. We actually buy them for both of us to wear haha.
I bought myself a pack of mens gray and black undershirts so I would stop stealing DH's. He kept saying I was going to stretch them out. :rolleyes: But they ARE soft and comfy. They don't really make stuff like that for women. Bring on the comfort please. :cloud9:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 We share many opinions! Glad you had a great start to the day. I wouldn’t mind joining the torrid in the sun! Tarifa looks very comfy!
Glad all is well for everyone. Good Mississippi Pot Roast. Ummmmm. Tuxie getting a home! Yay! You gotta love great dental check ups and comfy clothes. All great.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I have heard that Outlande is very good. Maybe I can find it. As for Animsl Planet, I will try to get more details. I was told it would be the day of Super Bowl. Hopefully not at the same time! Lol I’ll post if I get more details. It should be wonderful for the shelter. Very pawsitive!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought myself a pack of mens gray and black undershirts so I would stop stealing DH's. He kept saying I was going to stretch them out. :rolleyes: But they ARE soft and comfy. They don't really make stuff like that for women. Bring on the comfort please. :cloud9:
And the warmth! They make mens stuff warmer even though its us women who tend to be colder. But I think it's because mens clothing is made with quality compared to women's clothing.

Positive: It's hump day! Which means...almost Friday!!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I have been buying men's undershirts to wear as PJ tops forever and fuzzy PJ bottoms from Big Lots every winter season sometimes with fuzzy socks to match. Recently it has been quite cold at night (40s!) and I wished there were some long-sleeved ones as I get up during the night and the room is as cold as the outside.
At least one cat is scrunched up against my back and Capucchino has taken to sleeping above my head (she stole Chamouti's spot) which I don't like as she starts to lick my hair which is really annoying. Why would she do that? Just because she has been furiously grooming herself getting rid of all the mats that accumulated while she had a cold does not mean she has to groom my hair too, it's not FUR!
Every day I find big mats all over where she has been tearing them out (she won't let me come near her with scissors or a furminator), you can see where all the fur is missing. I can't wait for her to get all the mats out and she'll stop all that mat removal and let her fur grow back. She is still eating like a pig too, a whole big can every day and crying for more. Sometimes she will even eat the kibble which is available most of the time. She is NOT starving, maybe she needs that extra food to grow back her fur, and certainly to put the weight back on that she lost with that cold. For such an old lady she certainly is in pretty good shape. Pawsitive!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was just looking for long sleeved undershirts for boys this afternoon. Kohls had nice pj pants sets; but the sleep tops were short sleeved. DH used to have some but I think those were military issued; not Hanes/Fruit of the Loom/etc. Those undershirts do feel thicker! We've had some that feel thin and some are softer than others too. But this fall when I bought a few new basic long-sleeved shirts they were thicker! I don't NEED to put a tank under them to prevent them from being see through. I grew up in the north; while DH grew up in the south, so I'm usually warmer than he is. Except at night. :lol:

My extra pawsitive; DH did NOT balk at doing matching jammies with me for Christmas. :lol: He wasn't super thrilled with the pants I chose, but I promised him they were the best option and they were from the men's section! :crazy:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The weeks before Christmas are always such a whirlwind. I've missed posting here. My pawsitive is that I think by Saturday :oops: I will have my shopping done :gift:, and greeting cards mailed. And by then the husband's office party will be over with, too! :paperbag:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like the shelter that is helping me now is going to be on Animal Planet!
I hope it involves Jackson Galaxy!!!
I have been using one of his spray products, which I think is helping Geoffrey a bit. It is Scardey Cat.. I spray it in the rooms 3-4 times a day. He does come out, but not for long.

Before I purchased it, I was chatting with one of JG's Reps. So helpful! and sent me some links. Also said they want to know how things are going.

Yesterday, I ordered another spray, Stress Stopper. I messed up on the order, and had to contact them again. They are so nice..

Jcatbird Jcatbird Hopefully, many people will watch your segment. It may even be part of the kitten bowl!! or Puppy Bowl... halftime show!!

Happy for you!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The weeks before Christmas are always such a whirlwind.
Right? By the end of the day yesterday my eye was twitching!!!

My pawsitive is I have the whole day today to try to catch up on things around the house, go over my Christmas list, etc. I really need a day like this to feel more in control of the holidays.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right? By the end of the day yesterday my eye was twitching!!!

My pawsitive is I have the whole day today to try to catch up on things around the house, go over my Christmas list, etc. I really need a day like this to feel more in control of the holidays.
(you know I have a twitching eye smiley.
)

My pawsitive is that Mr. PushPurr bought me a few boxes of an early Christmas stocking present, and I can use one today: ThermaCare back heat packs. lol

:santa:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH did NOT balk at doing matching jammies with me for Christmas.
When I get married, I'm definitely doing this. Matching pajamas sounds so romantic to me for some reason. Do guys think it's cheesy? :)

Furballsmom Furballsmom --You're right, I need to stop saying "next week" about my workout. I do that with everything in life. New Years resolution: stop being a procrastinator! ;)

@foxxycat --I would love it if you would join me on my workout. You probably won't want to do as many hours as me though, I really go overboard, as I do with everything. :D

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --You have a Favorite People List too? Lately people have fallen off the list, but the Pawsitive: there is room for new friends & there's always the chance that former Favorites can make it back on the list if they reform. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.