The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'all aren't a farmer if you don't get excited 'bout dirt. I can say that, I'm a ranchers daughter :D
My positive is that I figured out that double point letter o thingie (lordy, so NOT smart, idiot auto correct :hmmm: ) and I voted in the MLB Allstars for my team go Blake Street Bombers :thumbsup:
ConCATulations Furballsmom Furballsmom and remember: NO ONE knows everything. I know people who are constantly ragging on tech and I always say that to them. It's a work in progress, people. Just like we are. It's great to learn something new every day. As long as we keep doing that, I think there's a lot PAWSitive to be said about it.:yess:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'all aren't a farmer if you don't get excited 'bout dirt. I can say that, I'm a ranchers daughter :D
"Cowboys dance with farmers' daughters, farmers dance with the ranchers' gals!"

I think ranchers' daughters are just fine, but I also like city slickers. Billy Crystal and Jack Palance are both fine actors.

;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A positive here is that two kittens that are going to a new home checked out at the vet today with flying colors! Perfect health, all their shots, no parasites and beautiful teeth. The vet was impressed to find that these two started out as ferals but behaved like the sweethearts many here have come to know. I can ask for nothing better! Even though it hurts to let go I am thrilled that they are going off to a wonderful new life in a great home! The new Dad is a younger person and has many happy years to give them. I shall enjoy every moment that I have them and then send them off to a grand new life. They are going to the new home together so no separating two bonded kitties! Even better! They don’t love each other any more than these two. Ahhhhh! love is sweet! So close that brother and sister almost merge! Lol
170A2F79-17E2-44F8-8FBD-CEF9536D2F8D.jpeg
C55745C1-DA37-4032-8919-B148912B9C2D.jpeg
4D55A376-4862-4DEC-9FF8-61C0FC3B599E.jpeg
305E8288-41A6-4BE6-9F04-8FE5042B8AF2.jpeg

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird , the cats are precious! I am glad the kitties are going to their new home together.

My part-time job has the great gift for me of being able to view gorgeous sunsets from the front door of the place from about June through September. It is indeed a gift to me to see these sunsets as I regret very much being outdoors so little in Life, with two jobs and all. It is, to me, as if God is giving me this wonderful view of the Sun setting every night without fail. Here is a view from this weekend past.
20180609_202933.jpg

20180609_202956.jpg

Have a good day, all.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a very positive for today. I avoided a cottonmouth! Yay. It was safely removed to a nice swamp where it can live a life away from me. I know snakes are a positive creature but I didn’t want this one too near. All is well and it can continue elsewhere. I have a photo of it but not sure if anyone cares to see it. Lol It has a lovely white mouth! I am just so happy that it is gone and far away! Now I can get back to the work of catching cats. The rain has stopped and it is a beautiful sunny day right now. I love how the rain cools things down but the sun is nice to see too!
B63419C8-BF1C-4071-9217-8C9034087F0A.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird gets the prize for the most PAWSitive post on the thread today, IMHO -- a COTTONMOUTH!!! Dang, that is something to celebrate (the safe removal and YOU being safe, that is)! And to top it off, two sweet healthy kittens being adopted by a young cat guy! I always love it when men adopt and love cats, as I grew up in a family where this is the thing to do, and I believe cats are our TRUE best friends.
My gardeners did a very fast job this morning, but everything looks good and Thursday is usually a fairly easy day for me workwise. This office is catless at the moment, but Tarifa just left to go on important cat business and hopefully she will soon return.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
I have a photo of it but not sure if anyone cares to see it
I'd love to see it.

R raysmyheart thank you for sharing!

My positive is that although it's stinky hot - forecast to be 97 degrees Fahrenheit in Denver today, and there are some bad wildfires going on, --rain is coming--!!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
My pawsitive for yesterday was Gus Kenworthy, silver medal Olympian came to speak at my company for Gay Pride Month. He is an excellent public speaker, so entertaining and so wise despite his youth.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay! I have a positive request to see the VERY lucky snake that is now living happily somewhere great for me and the snake! Lol it is a thing of beauty if you like this sort of thing. It looked quite healthy! All positive! I had more great news today as well! Perhaps the snake was good luck?!?!? I know that avoiding it was good luck! The other news is that another rescue kitty was adopted. Her name is Emoji. She is an older kitty now but she looks like she might be closely related to Banjo! That is the 46th kitty from this land that is now in a safe and happy home. I will post a photo of a young Emoji and the cottonmouth. (Separately of course!)
D71CE287-59D8-4C93-B02E-C07E30016FE2.jpeg
78DADAB4-FAAD-4C87-8533-243AF4A452DA.jpeg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
WOW!!
That is SOME snake - look how big/thick it is. Sheesh!
it is a thing of beauty
Sometimes when I see nature documentaries I'm a little jolted actually when I really stop to see how incredibly beautiful they are.
I'm so glad you were able to relocate it, as you state, a very very positive thing indeed!!
GO Emoji!!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird , the cats are precious! I am glad the kitties are going to their new home together.

My part-time job has the great gift for me of being able to view gorgeous sunsets from the front door of the place from about June through September. It is indeed a gift to me to see these sunsets as I regret very much being outdoors so little in Life, with two jobs and all. It is, to me, as if God is giving me this wonderful view of the Sun setting every night without fail. Here is a view from this weekend past. View attachment 236643
View attachment 236642

Have a good day, all.
R raysmyheart - Fabulous sky photos; they almost look like paintings!

That's a beautiful sky R raysmyheart

I'm very envious of your top quality dirt 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine So neatly spread out too!

There's a lovely, soft monsoon rain falling here right now and everything is so green.

View attachment 236645
Norachan Norachan - I'll trade you even-Steven - some of your rain for any one of my pointed, blue-eyes cats!

I have a very positive for today. I avoided a cottonmouth! Yay. It was safely removed to a nice swamp where it can live a life away from me. I know snakes are a positive creature but I didn’t want this one too near. All is well and it can continue elsewhere. I have a photo of it but not sure if anyone cares to see it. Lol It has a lovely white mouth! I am just so happy that it is gone and far away! Now I can get back to the work of catching cats. The rain has stopped and it is a beautiful sunny day right now. I love how the rain cools things down but the sun is nice to see too!View attachment 236683
Jcatbird Jcatbird - I clicked the quote function here to say, "show us your snake!" By the final post, there was that open-mouthed beauty. I'm glad that you arranged safe passage, but equally glad the Cottonmouth is no longer on your property.

Just a beautiful day here! I've started trimming in preparation of the next big mow, and it's a joy being outside today.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think snakes such as cottonmouths, sidewinders and Mojave Greens are best admired at a safe distance. That's quite a snake there, Jcatbird Jcatbird . And OMC what a cutie Emoji is! May she live a long, happy, safe, LOVED life in her new home with her new family. That is always THE most PAWSitive of all. :clapcat:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yikes! That is some snake Jcatbird Jcatbird Did you manage to capture him yourself or did you call in reinforcements? Great news about little Emoji! I love that name, I may borrow it for any future rescue kittens that pass through here.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine The pointy blue-eyes come with their own dirt!? Done! Can I have a loan of your tractor too?

:evilgrin:

Plenty of rain here, absolutely bucketing it down this morning. I wonder if I can rig up some sort of kitty-on-a-tread-mill powered fan to blow the rain clouds your way?

:think:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! That is some snake Jcatbird Jcatbird Did you manage to capture him yourself or did you call in reinforcements? Great news about little Emoji! I love that name, I may borrow it for any future rescue kittens that pass through here.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine The pointy blue-eyes come with their own dirt!? Done! Can I have a loan of your tractor too?

:evilgrin:

Plenty of rain here, absolutely bucketing it down this morning. I wonder if I can rig up some sort of kitty-on-a-tread-mill powered fan to blow the rain clouds your way?

:think:
*Again, butting in totally unasked* There used to be an 8-bit on here, too. Hope they're okay. Haven't seen them on here in yonks.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan I am tickled you like the name Emoji. She just has the cutest little face. As a baby she reminded me of an Emoji I had seen and it stuck. Lol Please do use the name anywhere you like.
As for the snake , he went voluntarily. I often caught snakes as a child. I come from animal lovers and have experience with reptiles. That said, I would tell everyone to avoid this kind at all costs. They can be very wicked. This one was relocated ONLY after a lucky catch. Purely by chance it moved into a container that had a lid that was closed from a distance with a shovel! Someone else took it to release it. It was kind of dumped from higher ground. I previously had a Cottonmouth surprise me at my door. It refused to move and when an officer tried to help, it seemed to leap at him. There are some creatures you just can’t be too chummy with. You always hate to dump and run but in this case it was a very positive thing to do. Lol I am sure it is much happier down near the river.
Just an aside, living where snakes are plentiful you often have encounters. I had a snake get between me and my child once. My motherly instincts cut in. I had a canister vac in my hand and ,without thinking, I sucked him away from my child. It curled him up perfectly inside the plastic container. All positive though! He was dizzy but unhurt and instead of being scared my daughter found the whole thing amusing.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom I am laughing! You are right! It is hard to envision a dizzy snake! I just got the impression that the poor thing was dizzy by the way the vacuum spun it around into a nice neat coil inside of the canister. Lol. When I released it the creature didn’t head exactly make a Bee line for the woods. It hesitated a bit. I think it was shocked by the whole turn of events. When I bought the vacuum I never imagined how many good uses I would find for it and I doubt the company that manufactured it would have suggested that I use it to clean up a snake but it certainly was a plus in my book!

Status
Not open for further replies.