The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat - I absolutely Love that bicolour Iris; your place looks fabulous! Since you have all that energy, send a little my way, willya?

The day here was perfect as well, and we had the best sunset I've seen in many weeks. Ephemeral as the dickens, but for those few minutes, it was mesmerising!

sunsetjune10th.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine The sky is just beautiful. I dearly love sunset and sunrise. The changing of the light and colors gives endless variety. The view is never the same twice. This is a wow photo. You have to be there at just the right moment to catch it. This is a very positive view!
Jcatbird Jcatbird - Thanks, but that's one of about eighty photos taken over the span of a few minutes, and the sky changes dramatically in that short period. Roll clouds often form over the river, materialising seemingly instantaneously, and then evanescing almost as quickly as the temperature changes at sunset.

It's as fine a day here as might be hoped for, and after three years of looking very ho-hum, the Peonies at the west end of the screen of Lilacs have finally come into their own. Saint Augustine's remarks in De Ccivitate Dei concerning, "the palette of the Creator," would seem not to have lost their legitimacy over the course of these sixteen hundred years.

peoneys.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi everyone, major multitasking going on; carpets are clean, house is dusted, cat is content, strawberry rhubarb pie in the oven with an apple one right behind it, AND my positive is the hummies are still feeding and mzzz bumblebee let me get a couple of photos. Later, for another post and pics, all :)

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Beautiful photos! Despite the rain washing away my plans Sunday, I got a lot accomplished this weekend. Luciano was very well behaved according to the cleaner & now it's up to me to keep my apartment this clean.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lelia is adjusting to our new home. She's lying on the bed right next to me right now and while I should go over to the old place and get more stuff and be useful, it's hard to leave.

20180611_140956_Burst01.jpg

I'm so glad I took the day off. I needed this.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari , I am always so glad to see Lelia, whether she is watching TV, decorating a gingerbread house (like she did in the Christmas photo contest) or looking so content and very pretty, like in this recent photo! I am glad she is adjusting to her new home.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , I absolutely love Peonies and yours here are just wonderful. They certainly are not looking ho-hum this year, as you said they were previously! Absolutely beautiful blooms and so many. Their fragrance reminds me so much of the beach roses.

20180611_183520.jpg

I took the road that passes the pond on the way home and got this photo for you all to see. I hope everyone is enjoying a good day.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Realized I hadn't posted on this thread in a few days. It's hot, my neighbors have moved, and there isn't anything exciting going on to speak of, but I always feel PAWSitive when I'm on TCS! Tarifa is curled on her cat blanket beside me, Elvis has been tunneling, and Baby Su is undoubtedly making sure the master bedroom is free of any possible negativity. Did a lot of work today, and almost ready to log off for my last helping of chchanna aloo masala over basmati rice, a cabbage salad, grapefruit, and iced coffee. Thanking everyone for sharing beautiful pictures and upful content!

After catching up on this thread, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine those are beautiful Oriole and Indigo Bunting pix! We had an oriole feeder up in the Mojave and I was able to enjoy their colorful beauty for the first time in my life. A neighbor told me they'd come here, too, if I bought nyjer seed, but that's fantastically expensive here, so no orioles. We don't have buntings here, but we DO have the amazing wild conures.

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - I'm back, just like I promised :winkcat:

Lari Lari it was fantastic to see your post and picture as updates after your move indicating that you have a feline who's feeling more comfortable!!

AND, by the way, you can post in this thread about any darn thing, as long as it's positive it'll fly :)

Speaking of flying, I believe this was mom-lady bumble. There's an absolutely HUGE bumblebee working over the flowers but I didn't have a photo opportunity, plus with an insect of that size - it could carry off my camera if it wanted to LOL! :camera:

Attachments

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 236228

I took the road that passes the pond on the way home and got this photo for you all to see. I hope everyone is enjoying a good day.
R raysmyheart - This is a wonderful photo. I know at least three people who read this thread who wish they were right there at this moment!

We had an oriole feeder up in the Mojave and I was able to enjoy their colorful beauty for the first time in my life. A neighbor told me they'd come here, too, if I bought nyjer seed, but that's fantastically expensive here, so no orioles. We don't have buntings here, but we DO have the amazing wild conures.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - No matter where you live in this world, you have the pleasure of bird-watching, free of change - and I envy you your wild Conures. Always better than a movie, but never quite as much fun as watching cats.

A lovely day here today, with thunderstorms predicted for Wednesday - and we need 'em!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Good morning everyone! I love the photos! Makes me want to stay outside as much as I can.

Petunia growing up against the rock.
20180610_184054.jpg

I didnt have to water the plants that were watered Sunday. They were still damp but I gave the tunias here a drink anyways.

I have a rose bush I need to put into the ground tonight but haven't figured out where to put it.

I went to a lady's house last night and bought some vintage romances and stayed up late last night reading one.

I never read any of these 1970s ones as I always prefered current publications but now I want to try a few.

20180611_200829.jpg

I woke up with a barnacle on my chest again. She kept licking my hands to wake me up and purring away. I love it when our cats snuggle!!

20180612_104847.jpg

Happy Tuesday everyone!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello paw-sitive posters and paw-sitive cats of the paw-sitive posters! Happy Tuesday from R raysmyheart and Speedy.

Speedy and I had a nice walk in the yard last night. When she's had enough of the outdoors she starts running for the front door with me following her on the leash, it is quite a sight! Here she is waiting for this favorite shrub of mine to bloom.

20180611_200855.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat What a sweet barnacle!:cloud9::caticon: They just don't get any sweeter than that! *And that looks like a very interesting read, kind of a la "Mad Men" judging by the title and illustration, or am I way off:lolup:?*
R raysmyheart What an adorable walking partner you have there. Happy Tuesday to you two, too! :D
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Oh, you haven't lived until you've had a big flock of conures roost in your municipal trees, setting up a cacophony fit to wake the zombies!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@tarasgirl, I would love to hear these wild Conures singing or would it be louder than I bargained for? ;) Seriously, I do love my days off when I'm in the house and hear birds singing in the trees in the woods surrounding my yard.

I do know what you mean by a group of birds singing together and getting quite loud, however. Around here, at first light, if you are up around 4:30 am, one solitary bird will put forth the first call. (Or maybe you are awakened by this first call ;)). The call is dainty and delicate. Then a second sweet feathered Creature will join in. Then a third. The music then becomes so loud and busy that it just makes me burst out laughing, every time! I ask myself how this chorale formed from one call so dainty!

Here are some feathered friends I visited at a local pond, come up on shore to sun, I think.
20180606_170724-1.jpg

Swans in the foreground, ducks in the background.:) The baby swans legs are still short so their tummies get a little dirty when they climb the path they have worn, up the hill. Mama swan's feathers stay clean because of her long legs.
20180606_170607-1.jpg

Here are the same sweet little swans about a month ago, maybe.
20180504_180459-2.jpg

They are getting nice and strong, these precious ones.

Have a great day everyone! At work this evening, I will ask my boss if I can snap a photo of the sunset from my workplace to show you all. We get the most beautiful ones there, where I work.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@tarasgirl, I would love to hear these wild Conures singing or would it be louder than I bargained for? ;) Seriously, I do love my days off when I'm in the house and hear birds singing in the trees in the woods surrounding my yard.

I do know what you mean by a group of birds singing together and getting quite loud, however. Around here, at first light, if you are up around 4:30 am, one solitary bird will put forth the first call. (Or maybe you are awakened by this first call ;)). The call is dainty and delicate. Then a second sweet feathered Creature will join in. Then a third. The music then becomes so loud and busy that it just makes me burst out laughing, every time! I ask myself how this chorale formed from one call so dainty!

Here are some feathered friends I visited at a local pond, come up on shore to sun, I think.
View attachment 236397
Swans in the foreground, ducks in the background.:)
Beautiful pic -- thank for sharing! I went to a lake once where there were lots of species of ducks and geese -- it was quite amazing seeing their variety and the geese were very good guardians of the place! ;)
Oh, anyone who's heard a flock of conures would not call what they do "singing" by any stretch of the imagination! If you can think of dozens of the loudest, ear-piercing screeches you can imagine, all at once, then you've pretty much conjured up conure vocalizations. A lot of people dislike them intensely because they are so noisy. I love them. They're descendants of birds who escaped from the cage bird trade (or in some cases, because these birds live a long time, they ARE escaped cage birds.) There's a book written about these birds, THE WILD PARROTS OF TELEGRAPH HILL by Mark Bittner (ISBN 0-7394-6485-X) which was also adapted to film. I bought this book several years ago when the parrots were mainly up in the Bay area; since then, I first saw them over in Monrovia, and they are now here!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , thank you for telling me about the conures! I do love all birds!

Jcatbird Jcatbird , I would love to see the Spanish moss and here I can "travel" through the wonderful photos and stories here. Your photo really paints a wonderful mood and has very beautiful lighting!

Furballsmom Furballsmom , did you say strawberry rhubarb pie?? Mmmmmm. Yum.

A pawsitive is that the weather is purr-fect here today. Sunny, warm and a beautiful refreshing breeze all day.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , thank you for telling me about the conures! I do love all birds!

Jcatbird Jcatbird , I would love to see the Spanish moss and here I can "travel" through the wonderful photos and stories here. Your photo really paints a wonderful mood and has very beautiful lighting!

Furballsmom Furballsmom , did you say strawberry rhubarb pie?? Mmmmmm. Yum.

A pawsitive is that the weather is purr-fect here today. Sunny, warm and a beautiful refreshing breeze all day.
Awww, Furballsmom Furballsmom and R raysmyheart -- that brings back a very happy memory. My mom loved sweets and was very good at making them. Sometimes we used to as a family go out to eat to this restaurant that specialized in bakery stuff, and a couple of times, I had strawberry rhubarb cheesecake, I think it was. It was amazing! and very memorable.
R raysmyheart Glad to share something PAWSitive -- it's a fascinating subject, reading how these birds have not only survived so far from their homes, but actually thrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.