The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a great time at the concert last night. Midge Ure looks a lot older but still sounds and plays great. Paul Young's voice is worse for wear, but still looks great & does amazing moves with his microphone stand like he used to. I wonder if you gave them the choice, if they would choose to lose their looks or their voice.

Yesterday was also the first softball game of our season and my team won! I scored two runs, which I think is a record for me, and made a couple of good plays at second base. Unfortunately I did something to my right knee and it's really hurting now. I think I'll have to check and see if I have a bandage and wrap it up to see if that helps. I've used ice a few times but there's still pain and I think it's a bit swollen.

During our game, I saw some birds nearby & took some pics. I'm pretty sure it was a female robin in the grass & a male robin on the fence. Can someone confirm?
IMG_1078[1].JPG
IMG_1079[1].JPG
IMG_1089[1].JPG

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know the difference between male and female Robin's, but I had a baby starling and its parents in the yard yesterday, plus the bumblebees have moved to the larkspur in the backyard now that the lupine out front is done, and I have very busy hummingbird feeders. Two, in fact, birds, that is, and one in particular is stopping in just about every hour. :gift: :dazzler:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine i love your posts. I think we all wish we could live where you are. I used to live where the Indigo Buntings would come through. The Scalet Tanagers and other of the bright colored birds too. We do have the pretty Painted Buntings where I am now. We also have the Pileated Woodpeckers. They are such neat birds. They always strike me as as a little prehistoric looking. Especially in flight. I guess the positive is that there are wonderful things to see no matter where we live! You have a wonderful knack for “seeing” what is around you. I hope everyone will keep posting such awesome photos! Thank you for sharing!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow, seeing them I just KNOW we've been taken right back to, ummm, the Pleistocene or something...
Furballsmom Furballsmom - I Love that song!

"Picture yourself on a train in a station,
With Pleistocene porters with looking glass ties...."

Wait... that's not quite right, is it? Never mind.

Another lovely day here, and perfect weather for a walk up to the park to have a look at the bacon cheeseburger at the Park Diner classic cars. Lots of restorations, but here and there a survivor made an appearance as well. Not always in the colours one might choose, but a nice afternoon nonetheless.

olcotttestarose.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, too funny :lol2:

WOW - uh oh, gotta chase down my eyeball

So here's a somewhat contemplative kitty :cool2:, some johnny-jumpups that have NEVER looked as good as this....amazing what happens when I don't do anything:thumbsup: , and a corner of the back yard :daisy:.

Attachments

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
It's been a busy weekend so far. Yard sales. Bike ride. Clean the bathroom. Water some flowers. Go to dinner with my dad and his squeeze. Dig up roses to plant. Play with Honeybee. Pick cat nip for Pumpkin face to roll in. Clean out something that got trapped in closet! Yuck!! Got clothes spread all over my deck to air out....the critter a certain cat brought in awhile ago got trapped in an empty box...Jon was hanging up winter coat back in closet we don't go in often said something stunk....he wouldn't take it out so i just kept pulling things out expecting a mess on the bottom..luckily critter was in an empty box i put in there for Honeybee. Took it out last night tossed it in back yard...it can stay there for a week. The positive is febreeze seems to be working but have to respray..and shoo the cats out of that room. Could have been worse...this was the room that Jon closed off and opened window pulled screen out thinking critter would have climbed out and left...I am glad it wasnt stuck in a wall or somewhere we couldn't get it out. Pumps has been sleeping in the stinky room like nothing happened. Tomorrow we will open window...i would do it at night but then Bee would be long gone out the window chasing more critters.

She loves her haircut. Shes super cuddly now. Sleeps on me and seems to like easy maintenance of her short fur.

She loves fresh picked catnip
20180606_185327.jpg

Night sky shade petunias got brighter washed out looking in full sun. My dad has some qt his place and they are deep dark blue..guess they dont like full sun?
20180608_054047.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Norachan Norachan , I'm sorry about the bulbs.:(
Thank you. I'm going to buy some nice PH balanced fertilizer for them and try them in planters. You never know, they might forgive me.

I'm pretty sure it was a female robin in the grass & a male robin on the fence. Can someone confirm?
I've only ever seen English robins, they look a little different to those. I think only the males have red breasts, but I guess you see very different birds to the ones I know.

speaking of prehistoric looking, there are some cormorants living in the area
We have cormorants on the lake here too. A few years ago I went to see something called the U-kai, fishing using trained cormorants. It was amazing! They fish at dusk from long canoes with braziers full of firewood to light up the water and attract the fish. All the birds wear collars and leads and dive off the front of the boat. It looks like they're pulling the boat along, like something from a Gothic fairytale.

Clean out something that got trapped in closet! Yuck!! Got clothes spread all over my deck to air out....the critter a certain cat brought in awhile ago got trapped in an empty box
Eww, yuck! There was an awful smell in my kitchen for about a week last summer, until I discovered the dead vole they'd stashed under the fridge.

We're having a very soggy weekend. It's been raining for about 48 hours now, but my garden is looking very lush and green.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan yep it was a poor Chippy :( Jon thought for sure it climbed out th window that day...but then we had another one in here 2 weeks ago and it stayed under the refrigerator all night so we should have kept it open longer but probably get bats and who knows what in here if we kept window open at night and a certain cat would destroy carpet trying to shove open the closed door.

At least now more flowers are opening up

Only 2 bearded Iris opened...need to fix the dirt on the root bulb...too much dirt on it...keep forgetting to do this before we get to this point. Opps!
20180609_230027.jpg

Columbine at my dads Gf place-shes got so many flowers!
Screenshot_20180603-194004_Gallery.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my goodness, that's fascinating to hear that people have trained cormorants, or at least "harnessed" their capability to that degree! What an interesting bird.

I don't think I've told this story here, but a couple summers ago on a rainy day I looked out the window into the backyard and saw something odd. Off I go to investigate, it was a little white cockatiel!
I'm trying to figure out what to do with it, and it won't fly. I dash in, grab a pet carrier and a towel (to help 'herd' it a bit) and darned if it doesn't walk into the carrier as if that was the most natural thing in the world to do.
I checked around, nobody was looking for a lost white bird. I got really lucky and a pet store was having a sale in cages!
I took a crash course in bird care. After a bit, through a friend, that little sweetie ended up with people who'd just lost their bird, in a flower shop in Kansas :sunshine:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello positive thread. It's been a few days, partly because I'm not really nature-ish enough to add to the flower and wildlife convo, and partially because I've been stressed with the end of the school year and moving (which I have a different thread about, so I'll skip details here).

But I finished everything on time school wise and even managed to teach math the last day of school (measurement - we made play dough to take home) and Lelia is slowly starting to adjust and has put her tail up a few times and let me pet her. Here's hoping she'll be ready to play again soon and I'll keep trying.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a lot of catching up to do. Just finished the front stairs less the railing. Railings I know, the stairs were quite the lesson to be learned.
View attachment 236067

At least the other set of stairs won’t require learning:)

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone, be back soon.
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Nothing better than teaching yourself something, and feeling accomplished.

No accomplishment here today, unless walking along the river chasing Leopard Frogs counts.

leopardfrog.jpg

Pretty little things, aren't they? Absolutely frogpawsitive!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
46EFF5E0-97C9-45D3-949E-3F52017C036F.jpeg
8676245E-C304-4074-9415-EEC402C3F7A0.jpeg
Jcatbird Jcatbird - I can't recall the last time I saw a Red-Spotted Purple; that's two fabulous photos - thanks!
You are correct. A red spotted purple! I see them a lot here. The ones I have seen show more blue than purple but that’s just my perception I guess. I am always impressed with your knowledge. I love how everyone here spreads information. Lots of nature lovers! Yay! I always enjoy seeing so many beautiful things through the eyes of others. I got some cute shots of a wooly bear. I think a kitty put it in their supper dish so I put it back on some Dioscorea which I am hoping is what it desires. It’s hard to tell if a wooly Bear is happy! Lol

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got some cute shots of a wooly bear. I think a kitty put it in their supper dish so I put it back on some Dioscorea which I am hoping is what it desires. It’s hard to tell if a wooly Bear is happy! Lol
Jcatbird Jcatbird - Nonsense. Wooly Bears are extremely emotional. Just listen closely next time - if it's not sobbing, it's happy!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was a beautiful day out there! Sunny N 78. A bit too warm but no humidity.
Got some stuff accomplished. Took tons of books to my booth at a local shop then grocery shop then water the tidal wave petunias and some of the other plants that are in the sun all day long.

The ground is dried out again so its going to be a pain watering everything this week..hopefully it won't be too hot. I wish it would rain every 3rd day.

20180610_193929.jpg

I also fertilized the petunias and rinsed them good so they dont get burnt. Gonna water them in the morning around 4am just to make sure they have plenty of water.

This Iris smells absolutely amazing
20180610_175831.jpg

The night sky/shade petunias still going good

20180610_175752.jpg

Some kind of ground cover I bought 5 years ago at Lowes...its spread all over.

I have to pull it up around the Irises as I think it's crowding them so didnt get anywhere mear the amount of blossoms...another plant I need to read up on..irises. i have some wild small ones that dont seem fussy at all. The larger antique type seem fussier.

20180610_180018.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.