The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Looking at the picture of that snake gave me the willies all over again, my arms were covered in goosebumps and just thinking about that picture raises the hair on my arms again. Those kinds of things imo belong on TV where I can turn it off immediately, ugh. I see absolutely nothing positive in it besides maybe that I'm not there and that critter is far away from me.

On another note: I got somebody to move my composter to a different spot in the garden and I now have a little spot to put a small table and 2 chairs right under the grapevine. When the work is done I can sit there with a glass of wine or some ice water listening to the birds and the wind in the trees, watch birds in the birdbath and bees humming while they go around from one plant to another and
061418 010.JPG
the soaker system is doing the watering. Yes, that's a bee in the berry blossom. The corn is tasseling, tomatoes are waiting for some heat so they can turn red, there are bush beans ready to pick, also some beets and quite a few sweet peppers. The rhubarb is doing quite well, I think I may have a few stalks I can pick this summer, so everything is alright with the world when I sit in my garden. What can be more positive?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt - That's a wonderful shot of the honeybee! More positive? Maybe a little less wind here. Since the Foxglove are still blooming, I though I might get some photos of the bumblebees making their appointed rounds, but it seemed that every time one landed, the breeze made it impossible. Ah well, still lovely colours - and with only a few days of Spring remaining, the Digitalis has now become a two-season biennial - this year anyway!

foxglove.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I think the wind that was here a few days ago is at your place now...
segelkatt segelkatt my goodness! I don't think I even have any little baby sweet peppers on my plants yet! Your yard adjustments sound wonderful.
jcat jcat just goes to show what a fast thinking mom with a no-harm perspective can do with a somewhat odd 'tool' under the circumstances. I think that's a terrific story!
My positive is, although a bit smoky from the wildfires, it's a very nice morning here in Denver, a little bit chilly even :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@sekelcatt I heartily apologize for giving you the willies! I positively say I am sorry. I did hesitate to show the pic but after interest in it I did. I will refrain from doing such again as I understand that not everyone will find reptiles a thing of beauty. I hope the following pictures will give you a pleasant feeling. I shall attempt to send you wonderful and positive feelings for this beautiful new day.
7C01C754-4F4A-4379-B319-E83ADB8909BF.jpeg
89B45EFB-5C2F-47AC-8DF5-DACF0ED5680D.jpeg

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
My pawsitive for yesterday & today is theater-based. I attended Harry Potter & the Cursed Child part 1 last night, and will attend part 2 tonight. Part 1 was a lot of fun, lots of amazing theatrical tricks, only some of which I've figured out.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@sekelcatt I heartily apologize for giving you the willies! I positively say I am sorry. I did hesitate to show the pic but after interest in it I did. I will refrain from doing such again as I understand that not everyone will find reptiles a thing of beauty. I hope the following pictures will give you a pleasant feeling. I shall attempt to send you wonderful and positive feelings for this beautiful new day. View attachment 236813 View attachment 236816
Jcatbird Jcatbird - You can (I believe, and I'm testing it here) enclose an image within a Spoiler Tag, as long as it's a full image and not a thumbnail:

mooshuhappycat.jpg

What a stunning day it is here today - brilliantly sunny, 71º and with a mild breeze. Rain coming for Monday and Tuesday, and hopefully we'll get enough to make a difference this time around. :)

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
@sekelcatt I heartily apologize for giving you the willies! I positively say I am sorry. I did hesitate to show the pic but after interest in it I did. I will refrain from doing such again as I understand that not everyone will find reptiles a thing of beauty. I hope the following pictures will give you a pleasant feeling. I shall attempt to send you wonderful and positive feelings for this beautiful new day. View attachment 236813 View attachment 236816
Jcatbird, I do believe that snakes have beautiful markings but having been dumped into TX without warning of the presence of very poisonous snakes and then being told about them really traumatized me. Lizards and that sort of creature do not freak me out, only snakes. There are plenty of lizards with different markings in my garden plot, they freeze when they see me although I welcome them as they eat insects that could destroy my veggies. Here's my haul of this morning: green beans, a sweet bell pepper and big mess of baby beets.
061418 012.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird That was GENIUS. Thank you for that.

Furballsmom Furballsmom Is there something I can help with explanation-wise? "8-bit" is an ancient tech term, and a pretty cute name for a cat IMHO.

So today I have done something about a potential crisis situation; it's a work in progress. My neighbors who moved left their dog over there; either the man was staying the night or they were coming as a family to see her, but not for the last 2 days at least, that I know of. They seem to love her but I'm extremely concerned. I don't have a cell # for them, only their residence #. Anyway I saw a neighbor across the street that I know is friendly with them so I went over and explained the situation. We exchanged #s and he said he'd text the man, but then texted me and said he couldn't find a # for him. So I tried the residence #, got voicemail and left a message explaining the situation and asking him to call me. That was about 1 1/2 hours ago. If I don't get a response soon I'll text the neighbor I talked to this morning and we'll decide the next step. There's a pool there and the dog could drink from it, even though chlorinated water isn't great. I can't see through their gate to see if they have auto-feeder/waterer set up or not. I'm very concerned. It was 96F here yesterday. Supposed to only reach 83 today but still. Any thoughts welcomed.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
School is out for summer!! :dance::banana1::banana2::bunnydance::celebrate:

We didn't quite accomplish everything I wanted to; but close enough. We already extended our year a few weeks. Swim lessons start next week and its time to put the books away for a bit. I'm ready to have time to just be Mom for a while. :thumbsup: Although I'm spending a lot of time researching next year's curriculum so I'm not on a total break I guess. :p

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's my haul of this morning: green beans, a sweet bell pepper and big mess of baby beets.View attachment 236833
segelkatt segelkatt - Now that's a great haul! I've always felt a little sorry for folks who've never tasted truly fresh peppers, tomatoes, beans and squash right from the garden.

"8-bit" is an ancient tech term, and a pretty cute name for a cat IMHO.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Having suffered with a 300 Baud modem long ago, you've just given me an idea: maybe I'll change Bob's name to, "8 more than a bit."

;)

Spent a few hours hand-mowing, trimming and edging today, and the old place doesn't look all that bad. By the time the snow flies, I'll have this place whipped into shape!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt - Now that's a great haul! I've always felt a little sorry for folks who've never tasted truly fresh peppers, tomatoes, beans and squash right from the garden.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Having suffered with a 300 Baud modem long ago, you've just given me an idea: maybe I'll change Bob's name to, "8 more than a bit."

;)

Spent a few hours hand-mowing, trimming and edging today, and the old place doesn't look all that bad. By the time the snow flies, I'll have this place whipped into shape!
OMG, that's WAY back there. My dad was learning COBOL. And that name might be more applicable to Moo Shu aifinkso! *Btw, any thoughts on my most recent post, about dog next door?*

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Btw, any thoughts on my most recent post, about dog next door?*
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Chlorinated water's not the worst thing in the world for doggies; hopefully the Family is just readying their new home, and will be coming back for the pup. It's too early to start jumping up and down yelling, "free doggie! Free doggie!" Do keep us in the loop, please.

Aside: I just finished lunch, and if your local markets carry these, or if you don't mind ordering online, my advice to to buy them and eat them over and over:

https://jacquetbakery.com/product/authentic-belgian-waffles-x4/

They're true Belgian (sugar pearl) Waffles, made in actual Belgium from real Belgian ingredients, by genuine Belgians, and for a pre-packaged product, they'll amaze you. Our local market had pineapples on sale this week - a buck ninety-nine, cored for free while you watch - and you don't need much more than a waffle, fresh pineapple, clementines or tangerines, a dollop (okay - an immense dollop) of freshly whipped cream, and a good strong cup of coffee. The first half was absolutely delicious; the second half - after I got up to get another cup of coffee, and came back to find a Snowshoe nose buried in the whipped cream, going, "lickkalickkalickka," had a few too many cats hairs for my taste.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Chlorinated water's not the worst thing in the world for doggies; hopefully the Family is just readying their new home, and will be coming back for the pup. It's too early to start jumping up and down yelling, "free doggie! Free doggie!" Do keep us in the loop, please.

Aside: I just finished lunch, and if your local markets carry these, or if you don't mind ordering online, my advice to to buy them and eat them over and over:

Authentic Belgian Waffles X4

They're true Belgian (sugar pearl) Waffles, made in actual Belgium from real Belgian ingredients, by genuine Belgians, and for a pre-packaged product, they'll amaze you. Our local market had pineapples on sale this week - a buck ninety-nine, cored for free while you watch - and you don't need much more than a waffle, fresh pineapple, clementines or tangerines, a dollop (okay - an immense dollop) of freshly whipped cream, and a good strong cup of coffee. The first half was absolutely delicious; the second half - after I got up to get another cup of coffee, and came back to find a Snowshoe nose buried in the whipped cream, going, "lickkalickkalickka," had a few too many cats hairs for my taste.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine TYSM. Another friend told me differently but I looked it up and it looks like you are more correct. Dog is 2 and healthy so hopefully no problem. Researching the whole issue and calling in the authorities would not be a simple thing. Our city doesn't do ACC. It's done by the next city over. And first step is to contact PD, which I'm sure the neighbors WOULD NOT appreciate. Praying they will do the right thing very quickly. Because they ARE neglecting her.
As for the Belgians, I can't afford stuff like that and thankfully am not a sweets freak. But you know what Monty Python had to say about the Belgians. :insertevillaugh: *Every single last one of them. Without exception.*:crackup:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
It's too early to start jumping up and down yelling, "free doggie! Free doggie!"
tsk tsk, you KNOW that's not what @tarasgirl meant - serves you just right to have cat hairs in your whipped cream - what?? you mean you don't LIKE extra protein?
My dad was learning COBOL
:lol:

So my positive is that I found cat food on sale and bought a fair bit since it's actually food he's eating!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tsk tsk, you KNOW that's not what @tarasgirl meant - serves you just right to have cat hairs in your whipped cream -

:lol:
TYSM Furballsmom Furballsmom -- yeah, I'm very concerned about her. I'm not a dog person but I care about this dog and anyway, I would never condone neglect of a living being, period.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:redheartpump:
I guess if nothing else, you could always put some kibble over/under the gate, maybe?
My positive for THIS post is knowing that there are good people like @tarasgirl in the world.
I don't drive and don't have any dog food, but I may resort to doing that with some cat food. TSM. Good idea.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a very positive for today. I finally got the Mom cat and her three kittens (that I have been pursuing since I spotted them) to go into a carrier this morning. I quietly shut the door and brought all four inside. The kittens are precious and Mom has been social enough that I feel she will adapt well to inside life. When her kittens are weaned I will get Mom spayed. I am very relieved to have them in a safe environment. Off to the vet with all as soon as possible for a checkup! Smart Mom cat! The photo was taken before I moved them into more comfortable accommodations but they were very calm kitties! I will try to get better pictures of them after they are settled and secure.
82B82E08-23D2-44FA-8EAF-CD1BA7725A22.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.