The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was sitting at my kitchen table where DS does his school work so his supplies were out including these beauties:
IMG_3061.JPG

I always wanted the big box of crayons when I was a kid. I found myself just enjoying all the colors while I sat there. They just make me feel cheerful and happy. :)

We also have these 2 I ordered custom from Crayola for Christmas. Any guess what my kids favorite colors are? :lol:
IMG_3062.JPG
IMG_3063.JPG

Seriously though; love my Crayolas! Other crayons don't measure up! :smash:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , those green Crayolas and every shade of green possible, my favorite color, they make me so happy!!

My pawsitive is that I am really so happy to hear from all my friends here in this forum!! All of the posts and photos have warmed me. Add to that that Speedy has been trilling non-stop this morning at the birds at the feeder!

@jcat, that is wonderful that more fur-ever homes have been found!
foxxycat foxxycat , I am chuckling thinking that beautiful Honeybee may be zipping around the house more with all the storm? I know Speedy does!
@Shane Kent , I love to see adorable Taz and Zoe caught in action!
Norachan Norachan , those are very special photos of Button!
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer , Lucy melts my heart!

The pawsitive here with the storm is that I am hearing of more power restorations in central Massachusetts, but I know many are still waiting. Outside, all of the snowbanks have taken on a very "melted" look already. They want Spring to come too, so they can have a rest! I see many police, fire, public works, electrical, cable service vehicles going by the road here and I am very thankful for such dedicated individuals.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My pawsitive is that I am really so happy to hear from all my friends here in this forum!! All of the posts and photos have warmed me.
The photos in this thread really add to it don't they? I know I enjoy them! :agree:
I can smell those crayons through the photo - the scent of childhood! I didn't know they do custom boxes now.
You can buy whole sleeves of single colors too! I didn't know until I was browsing their website. I kept telling my DS that I was going to buy him a box of nothing but green crayons because he was doing ALL his coloring in ONLY green! :lol: I think the boxes were only $13 each. I don't think that's too bad for a custom item. I might have had a discount code too. The kid's faces were funny when they saw it. DS was kind of: :eek2: in a good way. DD's has a set of glitter crayons in it too. She LOVES those!

I have to admit. I saw a big display with the new "Bluetiful" crayon in Walmart and I had to practice real restraint to not buy another box of crayons. If DH hadn't been there I probably would have. :p We have a caddy full of Crayola markers too. But crayons are different. The nostalgia is definitely part of it! :cloud9:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a box of 120 Crayola crayons that was the size of a board game box as a child, but I loved the built-in sharpener that came with the 64 box.
I don't think Crayola made markers in my coloring days. I did have a set of scented markers that I adored. Not sure if I remember all the aromas: dark blue was blueberry, brown was cinnamon, black was licorice, yellow was lemon, orange was orange (duh), light pink was melon, dark pink was rose (I think), red was cherry, light blue & green (maybe there were two greens) I can't remember.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since others have already posted my thoughts, I will be lazy except to say that I LOVE crayons, too! I sometimes take a break with them and my collection of Pokemon coloring books. Great therapy! And yes, Crayolas are the best. I have a box of another kind and they are very insipid.
So glad, @jcat about those cats being adopted!
And I'm a torti fanatic, too. I often think the same kinds of thoughts about my beloved cats, including Tarifa, who is bathing on her cat blanket on my lap while I work. Pure bliss!
IMG_0836.JPG

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
We didn't have crayons where I grew up, my aunt who lived in Florida sent us a box and we called them "wax pencils". My parents did not like them because they were messy and got all over out clothes and broke easily. I don't think we had them very long. We had really thick colored pencils fit for a child's hand and I have loved colored pencils ever since. I have a box with 64 and another with 129 in them. My entry to the contest of a former, now re-homed, pet cat is in colored pencil.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , those green Crayolas and every shade of green possible, my favorite color, they make me so happy!!
Green is my favorite color, too.

I've not been feeling extremely pawsitive these past few days so haven't been able to post, but today is Friday, I had teacher pd so I didn't have to get to school until 9 and I got a lot accomplished on report cards during our work time. So that's all good.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had to go to the optometrist today, and there was a new thrift store grand opening today!!! It is packed, so I'm waiting in line to get all my goodies. I found an immaculate Polaroid Sx-70 - with the original case! I'm so happy I stopped by. I, too, love sharing and seeing all the pics on this thread. Hopefully I'll be able to get the Polaroid up and running to share some of those!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Tarifa is pure tortie gorgeousness!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari , Speedy and I are sending you a hug! :hugs: And one for Lelia, too!:catrub:Yes, green has been my favorite color for as long as I remember. It is really nice to hear here, in all the posts, the positive power of color and how colors make people happy. I was very happy when I saw @mama africa 's photos of the beautiful red amaryllis.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer Sounds exciting. Can you get the Polaroid film? I have a 35mm Konica and kind of miss sending the film to the lab :sigh: I also have a digital Canon elph that doesn't seem to want to upload to my PC no matter how I try -- USB, the card, whatever. Very dejected about this. :bawling2: But as this is the PAWSitive thread, I'll just say that I'm also a member of the "green club" and we're almost entering the season where it will be everywhere! :clover::daisy::tree::evergreen::popworm:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a box of 120 Crayola crayons that was the size of a board game box as a child, but I loved the built-in sharpener that came with the 64 box.
I don't think Crayola made markers in my coloring days. I did have a set of scented markers that I adored. Not sure if I remember all the aromas: dark blue was blueberry, brown was cinnamon, black was licorice, yellow was lemon, orange was orange (duh), light pink was melon, dark pink was rose (I think), red was cherry, light blue & green (maybe there were two greens) I can't remember.
Were they these?: I remember them and I had a few.

I sent my "nephew" a pack a few years ago because my step-sister kept posting nostalgic things on Facebook about how much she loved them as a kid. So a gift for 2 in 1! ;)

I am SO SO thankful it's Friday! I'm ready to relax!
But first; DD has been asking to play "Spa" for several days. So I'll be in the living room letting her brush my hair and spray it with water. :lol:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Norachan Norachan I love the second picture of your kitty looking back as if to say 'are you seeing this too?' Did Button meow or hiss at the visitor?
No, he's not bothered by the deer at all. The same family of deer have been living close by ever since we moved here, we see them almost every day. They sometimes come right up to the fence and sniff at the cats through the netting.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles that big box of crayons looks great! I didn't know they did glitter crayola now. I want some!

:anticipation:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My pawsitive news is that Carleton runs downstairs to his new cat tree first thing in the morning to bird or squirrel watch out the window. :bliss:

View attachment 222048
*Ooooh, CARLETON! :loveeyes:* What a PAWSitive it is for the end of my day online, to see that handsome little man enjoying his new tree! He looks very comfortable and happy *and did I mention SO HANDSOME?!* :redheartpump::redtabby::redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
*Ooooh, CARLETON! :loveeyes:* What a PAWSitive it is for the end of my day online, to see that handsome little man enjoying his new tree! He looks very comfortable and happy *and did I mention SO HANDSOME?!* :redheartpump::redtabby::redheartpump:
You are too kind but Carleton thanks you immensely. :thanks: I love him to pieces and can't take enough pics. :camera:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer Sounds exciting. Can you get the Polaroid film? I have a 35mm Konica and kind of miss sending the film to the lab :sigh: I also have a digital Canon elph that doesn't seem to want to upload to my PC no matter how I try -- USB, the card, whatever. Very dejected about this. :bawling2: But as this is the PAWSitive thread, I'll just say that I'm also a member of the "green club" and we're almost entering the season where it will be everywhere! :clover::daisy::tree::evergreen::popworm:
Yes! The Polaroid company quit making film in 2008, expecting the medium to go out of vogue in the digital age. They were completely wrong about the popularity of this unique medium, though. A man from Austria named Florian Kaps purchased a defunct Polaroid film factory in the Netherlands to start The Impossible Project, which resurrected Polaroid film technology and made compatible film packs for all cameras. Some cameras could still use certain Fujifilm packs, too. At the time Polaroid announced they were discontinuing the film, I was part of a group that advocated for them to change their mind. We eventually lost out, but the Impossible Project helped millions relive the nostalgia and magic of Polaroid instant cameras.

Only recently has Polaroid began to re-make cameras and film again, after seeing the success of The Impossible Project, which is also cool, but I think that for an older model like the one I bought today, I'd have to go with IP film. I'm grateful for the ability to buy it, too! It's always PAWSITIVITY amazing to see what individuals with a passion can do!

IMG_9370.JPG

IMG_9371.JPG

I'm sorry about your Canon. I'd be no help at all with newer technology. I make my older digital camera connect to my printer, then wifi connect to my computer to upload photos simply because I can't get my gadgets to talk, lol. Maybe you could do some roundabout work around like that? :dunno: Technology can be so frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.