The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Mushrooms are fungi and fungi are everywhere, pull it up and put it in the trash. You are probably keeping your cat grass, which is probably sprouted oat seeds, too wet. When it has all died go to a health food store and pick up a very small handfull of oat seeds and plant those. It's a lot cheaper than "cat grass". Plant several pots at 2-week intervals and you will always have "cat grass".

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
It's called wheat grass, do you think that comes from oat seeds? It was getting time to plant again so I just tossed out this grass & bought a fresh one already grown from the pet store. I will try growing my own again via health food store next. Thanks.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There ARE so many great posts in here. It's getting hard to catch up. I am having a very PAWSITIVE time cause today is my birthday! We went to yet another thrift store, (yes, I'm nuts,) and are now going home to make a special surprise dinner! Everything was 1/2 off at this thrift store, too (what a coincidence...) so I got this:
View attachment 222175 I think Sir Meows-a-Lot was probably a special advisor to Queen Elizabeth. His serious countenance was especially helpful when all those artsy Bard-types were too flighty to be of any assistance in dire matters of state. He was the Cromwell to her Henry, and his enduring loyalty was cherished by the royals for generations.
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - A cute story, but rubbish - pure rubbish. I know this look. I've seen this look a dozen times a day for most of my Life. Sir Meowʃalot's ʃtink-eye giveth away the whole caption.

"Hast thou then no treatʃ for me? A pox upon thy houʃe, I say! May the mouʃies overruneth thy barleycellar, and e'en bited thy ʃandwiches, ere Sir Meowʃalot should'st cometh to thine aid!"

There do'ʃt be no drouthy mouʃies here. The kitties are exhausted from playtime, and the cool night has drawn them like moths to the fireplaces. There are surely worse things than having eleven cats.

;)

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer -
"Hast thou then no treatʃ for me? A pox upon thy houʃe, I say! May the mouʃies overruneth thy barleycellar, and e'en bited thy ʃandwiches, ere Sir Meowʃalot should'st cometh to thine aid!"

There do'ʃt be no drouthy mouʃies here. The kitties are exhausted from playtime, and the cool night has drawn them like moths to the fireplaces. There are surely worse things than having eleven cats.

;)
:flail::flail::flail::flail:
I suppose I needed a True Scholar to set me straight. (In stink-eye cats, of course, not Early Modern English.) Thanks for discerning the true provenance of this piece.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
It's called wheat grass, do you think that comes from oat seeds? It was getting time to plant again so I just tossed out this grass & bought a fresh one already grown from the pet store. I will try growing my own again via health food store next. Thanks.
Oats or wheat, makes no difference as far as the cats are concerned.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Here's my positive for the day:

I may have mentioned before that I have a sister who lives in New York and volunteers at a shelter. Last week she went with a few other shelter workers to pull some cats and dogs out of a Kill Shelter and get them into foster homes.

One of the cats there was an older female called Geisha. As I'm in Japan and as that day also happened to be my birthday my sister took it as a sign that Geisha should be one of the lucky pets they took with them.

When they filled out the paper work to take her the shelter told them that she was scheduled to be PTS that very day! They literally saved her at the 11th hour.

Here she is at the shelter.

Geisha1.jpg
Geisha2.jpg

And here she is at her new foster home.
Geisha3.jpg

She's an older girl, about 14 years old, and a little chubby. She's very healthy though, so she's hoping to go to her forever home soon.

Having a cat saved in my honour is just about the best birthday present I've ever had.

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's been a little bit and I've seen a few posts that are off a bit from the rules, so it's time for a reminder -

The rules -
1. Positive posts only. Tell us something nice about your day or about the world in general. Forget neutral - spread the joy! If you feel like ranting or venting about something that's, well, not as positive, start a separate thread for that please. If you get confused and post something we don't think is positive, it could end up deleted or moved to its own thread.

You can add neutral content to a positive post (for example, if you have a question about this fundraiser or if you want to respond to a previous post in a neutral way) but please avoid negativity so we don't have to edit it out.

2. Minimum of 15 words per post. Just posting "good morning!" won't qualify for the purpose of this thread and will be deleted. Keep your posts long enough and meaningful. The only exception is sharing a page from TCS on social media - in which case a link to the share is enough.

3. Proper English. Please don't just hit randomly at your keyboard. No gibberish allowed and as with other posts on the site, try to avoid texting abbreviations.

4. Comprehensible posts. Your posts need to make sense. Avoid using automated text generators. It's a babbling thread by nature, but we still expect you to communicate with your fellow members.

5.Original posts only. Please do not copy and paste text from another source. Not even from this site. Not even if you were the author. Just write something fresh for each post in this thread.

6. No consecutive posts. You can't add a reply if yours is the last post in the thread. If anyone starts talking to themselves to speed things up, they risk getting banned from this thread.

My positive is that the sun is shining again.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having a cat saved in my honour is just about the best birthday present I've ever had.

Norachan Norachan - I have to agree - you couldn't ask for a better nor more fitting gift than that. She really is a beautiful girl and I know she'll adore your other cats.

It's been a little bit and I've seen a few posts that are off a bit from the rules, so it's time for a reminder... ...no gibberish allowed.
AbbysMom AbbysMom - Well I never! I guess we all know who that rule is pointed at, don't we?

Purrfectly pawsitive, snorgling kittehs,
Likewise singing some snorgling ditties;
Once the snorgling songs are sung,
Belt out a chorus of ♪♫♬ "Little Pink Tongue!" ♪♫♬

raspsmall.gif

A purrfectly pawsitive day here, with the sunlight almost dazzling, and not even an hint of wind. A purrfect day for a hike on one of the nearby trails - probably Keg Creek, since the trail should be dry:

@Shane Kent - You'd like this little trail, winding through old growth forest. In high Summer, the creek is so narrow and the canopy so dense that the entire length of the trail is in full shade.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's my positive for the day:

I may have mentioned before that I have a sister who lives in New York and volunteers at a shelter. Last week she went with a few other shelter workers to pull some cats and dogs out of a Kill Shelter and get them into foster homes.

One of the cats there was an older female called Geisha. As I'm in Japan and as that day also happened to be my birthday my sister took it as a sign that Geisha should be one of the lucky pets they took with them.

When they filled out the paper work to take her the shelter told them that she was scheduled to be PTS that very day! They literally saved her at the 11th hour.

Here she is at the shelter.

View attachment 222245 View attachment 222246

And here she is at her new foster home.View attachment 222247

She's an older girl, about 14 years old, and a little chubby. She's very healthy though, so she's hoping to go to her forever home soon.

Norachan Norachan ! I crosspost for the cats of the NYACC daily and imagine my surprise seeing GREYSHA in your post -- I am SO GLAD to read she is safe and praying her loving permanent home is ready for her very soon! What a PAWSitive post -- many thanks! to your sister and to you!:thanks::heartshape::clap2::bliss:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a wonderful thing for me to discover is that many of the movies I have longed to see again, for so long, are available online. It is truly nice to have a chance to have the time to view one today. I have chosen Rebecca, 1940 with Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine. I am in love with the styles in the movie and the story had an element of suspense from the very beginning. What is wonderful also, is that Speedy "viewed" the show with me, on the couch, staying close to me the entire time!:catlove:

Happy and Warm Belated Birthday Wishes tinydestroyer tinydestroyer !:daisy:

All The Best Wishes For A Wonderful Year Ahead, Norachan Norachan :purplebutterfly: !

Last edited:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Happy belated birthday to you, Norachan Norachan :celebrate::bday::celebrate:
Rescuing a cat in your honor is the absolute best!
Also, thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 R raysmyheart that is also one of my all-time favorite movies. One of the few where the film contends with the book!

Today it's back to the trenches, but the weather is beautiful, and with Daylight Savings, I hopefully won't have to leave work in the dark today. Hoping everyone's weekend is going splendidly!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari , I hope you win!

I have chosen another movie to watch, it is Life With Father, 1947 with William Powell and Irene Dunn. It is a good opportunity as it is not too often I have the time to view movies, but I do today which is very pawsitive. I have a love for older movies and this one is a treasure and feels good to 'get away' with a movie.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Norachan Norachan - I have to agree - you couldn't ask for a better nor more fitting gift than that. She really is a beautiful girl and I know she'll adore your other cats.
Ah, if only! I have four tortie girls at home already, that's as much tortitude as you can have in one place without causing the planet to spontaneously combust.

:sigh:

Norachan Norachan ! I crosspost for the cats of the NYACC daily and imagine my surprise seeing GREYSHA in your post -- I am SO GLAD to read she is safe and praying her loving permanent home is ready for her very soon! What a PAWSitive post -- many thanks! to your sister and to you!:thanks::heartshape::clap2::bliss:
Oh, you know of her? That's great. Well, I'll keep you updated and let you know when she finds her forever home.

:goldstar:

Another sunny day here. I may venture out and do some gardening later.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, if only! I have four tortie girls at home already, that's as much tortitude as you can have in one place without causing the planet to spontaneously combust.

:sigh:

Oh, you know of her? That's great. Well, I'll keep you updated and let you know when she finds her forever home.

:goldstar:

Another sunny day here. I may venture out and do some gardening later.
*You can't HAVE too much tortitude, @Norachan.* :dancingblackcat:
and TYSM for that! Yeah, they have not updated her status yet on the advocacy site I use.
Happy belated PURRthday, btw, and may the gardening go well!
:banana1::banana2::celebrate::bday::jester::party3:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan - Yeah... I get it. Back in the days before the Berlin Wall fell I had two Torties and a Calico at the same time. I still remember that nursery rhyme.

"Pease porridge Three Torties hot,
Pease porridge Three Torties cold,
Three Torties in the house
Makes you old."

What's better than a fine almost-Spring day hiking a trail? A fine almost-Spring day ending with your veterinarian dropping in with a (double sausage and double pepperoni) pizza and a six pack of Harp. If I'd had a monkey's paw, I could have held the Snowshoe upside down, and watched gold coins shoot out of her mouth!

;)

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! So many Pawsitive posts today! Norachan Norachan and tinydestroyer tinydestroyer Happy Birthday to both of you! May this next year be the best ever for you both! :bday::celebrate::bday::celebrate:
Cats dancing band.gif

Norachan Norachan and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 What a sweet story about Geisha. She is such a beautiful girl, too! This is the best kind of news. A kitty's precious life saved!
ThreeCatsDance.gif
ThreeCatsDance.gif

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Your ditties always put a smile on my face!
moodance4.gif
moodance4.gif
moodance4.gif

R raysmyheart - it sounds like you and Speedy have had a good day with the Old Classics!

I could go on and on but I actually had some Pawsitive news myself.

SPRING IS OFFICIALLY HERE IN MARYLAND!

DSC_3625.jpg

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:The humble dandelion! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.