Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Contest Draw Your Cat To Win Beautiful Jewelry!

Discussion in 'The Cat Lounge' started by Anne, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Anne

Anne Thread Starter Site Owner Staff Member Admin

Oct 23, 2000
    On TCS
    Let's have some fun with drawing!

Draw a picture of your cat (or cats) and share it in this thread. You can use any software you like to draw, or use good old paper and pen, pencil or any other drawing tool. Whatever you feel most comfortable drawing with.

The prizes for this contest were graciously donated by our own very talented @Columbine :clap:She created these beautiful cat-themed bracelets especially for TCS members!

Turquoise.jpg
    Howlite and silver. Approx 8"

Rose.jpg
    Rose quartz and silver. Approx 8"

quartz.jpg
    Smoky quartz and silver. Approx 7 3/4 - 8"

Purple.jpg
    Purple banded agate and silver. Approx 8.5"

Lavender.jpg
    Lavender amethyst and black finish silver (ruthenium flash silver). Approx 8"

Aren't they all just stunning?!? :cutecat::lovecat3:

We'll select two winners for this contest -
    • One winner selected by voting - will get three of these gorgeous bracelets of her choice!
    • Another winner selected randomly - will get the two other fabulous bracelets!
    This way - everyone has a chance at winning, no matter what your drawing skills! And we will mail internationally, so everyone is welcome to participate - from across the globe!

The Rules:
    1. Draw a picture of your cat or cats and upload it in this thread as an image file.
    2. You can draw your picture manually, scan or photograph it and upload, or you can draw using software. As long as you draw :) Please do not just use a filter on a photo of your cat though.
    3. Include the word SUBMISSION in all caps with your post. Please mention the cat's name!
    4. One submission per member please [​IMG]
    Last date of submission is Monday, March 26th.

Good luck everyone!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    raysmyheart, tarasgirl06, Nothanks and 11 others purraised this.

2. betsygee

betsygee Don't believe everything you think. Staff Member Moderator

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    What a fun idea and such beautiful prizes! :clapcat: :dancingblackcat::happycat:

3. mightyboosh

mightyboosh TCS Member Top Cat

Jul 19, 2017
    Burnley, UK
    I draw like an untalented five year old so I won't bother. However, it will be interesting to follow this as I'm sure there will be some terrific ones. It's always amazed me how some people can draw/paint etc. and some are like me - rubbish. It's a gift for those that possess it.

tinydestroyer, Columbine, misty8723 and 2 others purraised this.

4. mazie

mazie TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 11, 2015
    south Georgia
    And fellas, don't feel left out, the guy winners' lady of his choice will have some beautiful wrist wear to show off!! Can't wait to see our artists masterpieces.:);)

Buddies mom and Columbine purraised this.

5. rubysmama

rubysmama Forum Helper Staff Member Forum Helper

Nov 25, 2013
    Canada
    Beautiful bracelets. Thanks for donating them @Columbine :)
    Alas, I can barely draw a stick man, but looking forward to seeing entries from our artistic members. :heartshape:

Columbine and raysmyheart purraised this.

6. Elfilou

Elfilou TCS Member Alpha Cat

Dec 14, 2015
    Netherlands
    ah fun! i'll be posting mine tomorrow! (Commenting on this thread to remind myself lol) :lol:

7. walli

walli TCS Member Alpha Cat

Jan 31, 2017
    Ok I cheated :lol:

Attached Files:

Lari, Columbine and raysmyheart purraised this.

8. mservant

mservant The Mouse servant Staff Member Moderator

Jul 8, 2013
    The Mouse Pad, UK
    Oh wow, awsome prizes @Columbine , and international posting. :clap: :hyper: Looking forward to seeing some entries. :anticipation:

Not sure I'll enter: my drawings of Mouse always seem to end up looking the same - a view of his rear end (and I'm sure I've entered one of those in a previous competition). :lol: Two reasons, 1. I'm hopeless at cat faces and 2. Mouse has to be fast asleep because if he saw me drawing he'd race off to another room like he does when I get my camera out. :rolleyes2:

foxxycat, Columbine and raysmyheart purraised this.

9. nansiludie

nansiludie TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 14, 2014
    These are so beautiful. @Columbine you're very talented. Do you happen to sell your work and ship internationally? I can't draw much better than stick kittens. :lol: I'm sure there are some here that are very talented and would like to see their drawings. Good luck all.

10. Norachan

Norachan Moderator Staff Member Moderator

May 27, 2013
    Mount Fuji, Japan
    What a nice idea! Those are beautiful @Columbine

I'm more of a scribbler than a proper artist, but I'll have a go. I'll post my favourite scribble here soon.

:bliss:

11. Columbine

Columbine TCS Member Staff Member Advisor

Feb 27, 2015
    The kitty playground
    Ok. I'm really REALLY blushing here now! :blush: :tongue: Thank you all for your positive reaction :cloud9: I think everyone who wants to should enter, as there's a non-skill-based free draw for two bracelets ;) I can't wait to see all the entries!

I don't currently sell anywhere beyond a little art gallery/shop place in my tiny Yorkshire market town. I'm hoping my health will get stable enough for me to start online selling at some point though :crossfingers:

12. raysmyheart

raysmyheart TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 21, 2015
    Massachusetts
    @Columbine , I love your designs! They are wonderful!

I am hoping to draw Speedy and I am not going to worry if it does not turn out oh so well, I think it would be fun just to submit to this contest!

foxxycat, Columbine and Kreatorcat purraised this.

13. Kat0121

Kat0121 Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 23, 2014
    Sunny Florida
    I was thinking the same thing. I think I should just buy myself (and DD) each one. If I draw a picture of one of the cats, they will be so offended that they may not let me back in the house. It would look like the work of a blindfolded toddler. :fear: :gaah:

foxxycat, betsygee, Columbine and 1 other person purraised this.

14. Kreatorcat

Kreatorcat TCS Member Alpha Cat

Jan 1, 2018
    DFW
    I too would love to buy one for my kittysmama. If you do decide to ship over the pond,I will be in line right away. If I had the ability to draw then scan and download etc,I would. But I am too computer illiterate.

To everyone else,I will love seeing what y'all post!

Buddies mom, foxxycat and Columbine purraised this.

15. verna davies

verna davies TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 23, 2016
    Wales uk
    Lovely bracelets @Columbine , you talented lady. However, my cats would stand more chance at winning with drawing self portraits than I would at drawing them. Looking forward to seeing the entries.

Columbine, rubysmama and Kreatorcat purraised this.

16. jtbo

jtbo TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 25, 2011
    Finland
    Sadly she is not alive anymore, but I guess I can share my drawings for your enjoyment, even I will not participate to competition.
    liituiita.gif

There is a photo for reference.
    iita_bad_look.jpg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    surya, Lari, neely and 12 others purraised this.

17. Mango the Maine Coon

Mango the Maine Coon Big Kitten Adult Cat

Mar 3, 2018
    AFD325B5-F31A-4C3A-A195-7B125BB82FBF.png 30F31E69-FFF8-4F4B-A6DA-972453F91D79.jpeg

surya, Lari, neely and 18 others purraised this.

18. Mango the Maine Coon

Mango the Maine Coon Big Kitten Adult Cat

Mar 3, 2018
    I’m in love with the turquoise colored bracelet I’m a guy but I would wear it, that’s my favorite color. You should update us if you ever decide to sell these online, and thanks for the his idea, many people rarely tap into their creative mind and it’s a great thing to encourage :yess:

neely, Buddies mom, Columbine and 1 other person purraised this.

19. Columbine

Columbine TCS Member Staff Member Advisor

Feb 27, 2015
    The kitty playground
    I'm overwhelmed by such a positive response and so many compliments :touched::heartshape::thanks::blush: :cloud9:

I'd love to see as many people enter as possible - remember that there's a free draw for two of the bracelets, so everyone has a chance to win, even if you dont think you're any good. I'll bet a lot of you are better than you give yourselves credit for ;)

neely, Buddies mom, nansiludie and 7 others purraised this.

20. foxxycat

foxxycat TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 31, 2014
    Portsmouth NH
    @Columbine You have some beautiful jewelry!

I will have to do a new one of Honeybee..all I have are older ones from 2014ish. I didn't draw much in my adult years-in middle school and high school that's all I did was draw people. I like drawing eyes. For some reason that's all I ever drew. I had a very talented art teacher when I was 10=she fine tuned my skills-without her I wouldn't have known what the heck I was doing. She could paint and use colors to draw out contrast-I didn't care for art because I wasn't into the emotion stuff-I just wanted to know how to draw what I see-and make it look realistic.

In high school I had another art teacher coax me onto more realistic realm-called super-realism. Basically a drawing that looks like a photo-that's always been my goal-but I just can't seem to sit down and focus enough-I rush too much and still need to practice perception to line up appropriately-but I know I get too carried away in details...guess I am not surprised...

I would love to see everyone's drawings. So come on folks let's see em. Even if you don't think they are-there's many different styles of drawing-basic line drawing, rendering (shadowing), graphic done with the computer etc. Comic book type drawing, stippling drawing using dots instead of lines. Colored pencil/marker etc. any medium will work.

Columbine and nansiludie purraised this.