The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Trying to convince Polaroid to keep making their film was a very worthy effort! :clap: :cheerleader: :clap: I'm glad to hear that the Impossible Project saved the technology. I spent most of my life working in an electron microscopy lab in which Polaroid instant B&W film played a large role. The prints were exquisite, much better than the digital or 35mm prints taken of the same objects. They seemed to glow from within. Anyway, it's definitely Pawsitive news that it's still around!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of crayons and cats, I just got a tee shirt that combines both! The color on the cat below is just part of the ad, it's only black and white so I can start from scratch with it.

View attachment 222052

I'm going to get this one, too.

View attachment 222051

The best part? They are on clearance!
margd margd , the patterns on the shirts are very intricate and beautiful. The great thing is you can create your own color scheme, it seems.

A paw-sitive is that tonight at my work, I helped many wonderful parents select warm weather clothing for their children Even with all the snow on the ground, people are enthusiastically planning for Spring!

@neely, Carleton looks very happy with his new tree!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton looks very content there on his tree! :whiskers: Yesterday Mooch wasn't in any of her usual spots so the kids and I were looking around. Much to my surprise she had jumped up on the cat tree and curled her chunky self up inside the little cubby house. More proof cats are liquid? :winkcat:
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles that big box of crayons looks great! I didn't know they did glitter crayola now. I want some!
They are pretty too! DD has another set she did a nice rainbow with on light blue paper. It was pretty! :hearthrob::redheartpump:
Speaking of crayons and cats, I just got a tee shirt that combines both! The color on the cat below is just part of the ad, it's only black and white so I can start from scratch with it.

View attachment 222052

I'm going to get this one, too.

View attachment 222051

The best part? They are on clearance!
Those are neat! I bet my DD would like that kind of thing in a few years. There is a company out there that you send your kid's drawing in (on their template) and they print it as a dress for them. DD liked just drawing on the templates for fun.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was Mowgli's 5-year Gotcha Day; it's hard to believe it's been that long since I brought him home. He's been such a joy in our lives.
HAPPY FIFTH GOTCHA DAY MOWGLI !!! :heartshape: :cheerleader:from Speedy and R raysmyheart !

Although I'm a bit achy from this week's snow shoveling and tree removal, this is made quite better by the beautiful blue sky and wonderful sunshine Speedy and I are greeted with this morning. It makes it a lot easier to get moving. And coffee. Speedy is again trilling at the birds, I think she thinks they listen to her! Anyone affected badly by the weather is in my prayers this morning.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another beautiful, sunny day here, with a week of above-freezing temperatures, steadily climbing into the fifties at week's end. Meeting my veterinarian for lunch shortly, at our favourite little place on the canal. Too cold to sit outside today, but Shane Kent Shane Kent - you'd like this little place, I think. No-nonsense burgers and home-made french fries - and a pretty nice view from the tables on the lawn in Summer:

Just over a week until Spring arrives here!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
This spring, I've been having fun selecting different plants and watching them as they leaf out and bloom. This guy is "Daffodil #1" and he charged along, even when the weather turned wintry again. By yesterday, March 9, "Daffodil #1" was completely open.

Beneath all this daffodil nonsense is a photo of "Paul #1" looking sweet and innocent on his latest favorite perch. It's an antique box and I really should make him get down but he's so cute. Ooh, I love that boy!

Daffodil 2:27 & 3:1.jpg

Daffodil 3:2:2018.jpg

Daffodil March 4. 2018.jpg

Daffodil March 9, 2018.jpg

IMG_5629.jpg

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
I spoke to my mum for the first time in several weeks today as she phoned to say thank you for the homemade 'Mothering Sunday' (tomorrow) card and wee book:

719A1WWZA7L._SX355_BO1,204,203,200_.gif.jpeg

She then said that she'd best get to the post office as they had a failed delivery for her there, to which I replied, "yes, it's from me and it can't wait til Monday." So off she popped, then phoned me back to say thank you for the beautiful bouquet of scented flowers. She sounded ever so pleased to hear from me. She is coming to visit me in a fortnight and I've just had the thought to book us a table at the cat cafe as I know she'll love it.

:petcat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, so many great posts it'd take a book to respond to them all!;)
How could anyone NOT fall head-over-heels for Carleton? He is so adorable! :redtabby:
I had an SX-70, too. And I haven't tried connecting via my WiFi -- thanks for that suggestion. I'm sure it can be done, somehow -- it's just not easy like it used to be. :sigh:
Daffodils are my birth month flower and I love them so much! *Black cats are beloved of me!* Thanks for sharing!
I have one of those shirts that was decorated and given to me by a friend. It's so beautiful!
What a cute little book, and what a great idea the visit to the cat cafe is!
Looks beautiful, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- very spring-y!
*Happy Fifth Gotcha Day, Mowgli sweet! May you have many, many more, in good health, happiness, safety, and love!*:redheartpump::bigeyes::redheartpump::party::party2::celebrate::woohoo:

Last edited:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and margd margd That is down right cruel to do to a young :rolleyes3: boy from Canada that longs for the cottage. There is still plenty of snow on the ground here. However, it is melting:)

May you have to watch Taz clean himself forever.

Oh wait, that's cute, Doh!

Oh, ya. If you look over top of him there is one of Karen's dragon fly photos I want to post:)

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and margd margd That is down right cruel to do to a young :rolleyes3: boy from Canada that longs for the cottage. There is still plenty of snow on the ground here. However, it is melting:)

May you have to watch Taz clean himself forever.

Oh wait, that's cute, Doh!

Oh, ya. If you look over top of him there is one of Karen's dragon fly photos I want to post:)
*SO cute!* and beautiful photo! We have them here, too -- sometimes I'm visited for days in succession by a big flame-colored one and I looked up to see how long dragonflies live, because I thought it might be the same one coming back to visit over several years, but unfortunately, they don't seem to be very long-lived. It's always great to see them, though -- they are so beautiful!

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
*SO cute!* and beautiful photo! We have them here, too -- sometimes I'm visited for days in succession by a big flame-colored one and I looked up to see how long dragonflies live, because I thought it might be the same one coming back to visit over several years, but unfortunately, they don't seem to be very long-lived. It's always great to see them, though -- they are so beautiful!
They eat nasty mosquitoes, now if that is not one of the most pawsitives of Mother Natures creations I don't know what is. However, good old Mother Nature seems to want to keep us on our feet by putting the mosquito here in the first place. We live in a very complex web but it takes people like TCS members to appreciate it. Our kitties are an integral part of that web and we all love then very, very much:redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Shane Kent Shane Kent , don't I know it! There are several types of beings I have always wondered about the existence of, including fleas, flies, mosquitos and all of the canidae. I know they had to have been created for reasons, but I do not know of any positive ones. The PAWSitive part is that yes, we do enjoy the company of many resourceful creatures who help us, including oppossums, vultures, dragonflies, crickets and others. Nature's cleanup crew!
And cats? *They are as close to perfection as any living being could ever be!* :gingercat:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I need some advice from you expert gardeners. I have whatever the opposite of a green thumb is & I bought a Pet Grass self grow kit. The grass grew fine & Luciano enjoyed eating it, but suddenly the other day a mushroom appeared. I didn't plant a mushroom, so how did that happen? Did I over water? Is the mushroom safe to eat?
CIMG4273.JPG
CIMG4274.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need some advice from you expert gardeners. I have whatever the opposite of a green thumb is & I bought a Pet Grass self grow kit. The grass grew fine & Luciano enjoyed eating it, but suddenly the other day a mushroom appeared. I didn't plant a mushroom, so how did that happen? Did I over water? Is the mushroom safe to eat?View attachment 222152 View attachment 222153
I have absolutely no knowledge of why this happened or the variety of mushroom, but I would strongly recommend taking it out and destroying it immediately. Always better safe than sorry, especially when it comes to something your cat has access to! ;)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Despite the temperature (41º American or about 5º) we elected to have lunch al fresco, and despite the fact that the place was packed inside, we had the patio all to ourselves. What a pawsitive surprise, eh? That never happens in July!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I need some advice from you expert gardeners. I have whatever the opposite of a green thumb is & I bought a Pet Grass self grow kit. The grass grew fine & Luciano enjoyed eating it, but suddenly the other day a mushroom appeared. I didn't plant a mushroom, so how did that happen? Did I over water? Is the mushroom safe to eat?View attachment 222152 View attachment 222153
The mushroom indicates moist environment-how cool is it in there? Try keeping the plant in the sunlight to stop the mushrooms from growing. mushrooms like it moist and dark. A bit of light and heat-not too much- around 70ish is fine. Mushrooms thrive in dark moist environments=ever hear the expression "They treat me like a mushroom-keep me in the dark and feed me (junk)-insert another word "- kind of how mushrooms thrive. I would move it to a sunnier location-higher up off the floor=heat rises so if it's on the floor-it's the cooler temperature=on a table can increase the temp a few degrees then moving to a sunny location will also help. It looks like the grass is turning yellow=which I think I remember reading if a plant is over watered they turn yellow- make sure the plant isn't sitting in moisture-drain it immediately when watering to prevent root rot.

I miss my cottage in Maine. I miss the sunshine. Feel like it's been winter FOREVER. my bike is sitting sadly in the corner unable to be ridden due to snow covered road edges. So far the snow banks are pretty high and will take some time to go away again. Sadly another March I am unable to garden. But things will change. They always do. Never stay the same.

On a positive I remember seeing blue dragon flies at the camp for one or two days=flies on the water which the dragon flies come eat them-I don't know why it's only 2 days they are there=but it's pretty cool when it happens.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There ARE so many great posts in here. It's getting hard to catch up. I am having a very PAWSITIVE time cause today is my birthday! We went to yet another thrift store, (yes, I'm nuts,) and are now going home to make a special surprise dinner! Everything was 1/2 off at this thrift store, too (what a coincidence...) so I got this:
IMG_9386.JPG
I think Sir Meows-a-Lot was probably a special advisor to Queen Elizabeth. His serious countenance was especially helpful when all those artsy Bard-types were too flighty to be of any assistance in dire matters of state. He was the Cromwell to her Henry, and his enduring loyalty was cherished by the royals for generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.