The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today I received an unexpected and as of yet, unexplained gift
I've gotten those grunting toys for my dog before and he goes nuts for them. They're so crazily loud and funny. His favorite is a hedgehog that's similar, but now I'm gonna be on the hunt for that silly pig! :p
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - A great photo of a beautiful cat - and an excellent reminder of one of the most 'pawsitive' aspects of TCS: we get to look at other people's fabulous kitties, and we don't even have to scoop their litter boxes!!!

;)
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I know what you mean! I think I'm not alone in admitting that getting to see the cute pictures of other people's cats is one of the most satisfying ways to stave off the compulsion to adopt more cats. :catman:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
OMG! My kitty just FARTED! :lovecat2: Please forgive my use of the "F word", but it was just so stinkin' cute!

Her first fart ever (that I know of). :)
I've never heard Charlie fart! I'd imagine that coming out of a kitty it would be very delicate.

:happycat:

I'm so glad to finally use the new smilies! :yess:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Murphy just got his nails clipped and he behaved very well. Usually it's a fight. I think he's finally resigned himself to it. If he didn't use his claws when he kneads, he wouldn't have to get them clipped! Haha. He just sat there until it was done then gave me an annoyed look and ran off.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! My kitty just FARTED! :lovecat2: Please forgive my use of the "F word", but it was just so stinkin' cute!

Her first fart ever (that I know of). :)
I've never heard Charlie fart! I'd imagine that coming out of a kitty it would be very delicate.

:happycat:

Well, unless they were makin' rainbows (and what could be more positive pawsitive than rainbows?), abyeb abyeb and -Mia- -Mia- 's wind-breaking kitties certainly aren't Snowshoes, as witness the second verse of the well-known Moo Shu Snowshoe Song:

Beautiful Snowshoe, you are so sweet,
You're Siamese but you have four white feet;
You've got the Nose Dots, Skunkie Stripe too,
Beautiful Snowshoe, I'll always Love you.

Snowshoes are lovely, Snowshoes are smart,
Snowshoes make rainbows when they poop and fart,
Little black ears and fuzzy black tail,
I'd never shove you in the garbage pail.

Snowshoes are just like other Siamese,
That means their owners can't do as they please;
At night when I want to lay down my head,
One lousy Snowshoe takes up the whole bed.

If you Love Snowshoes, listen to me,
You'd benefit from some psychiatry;
When they commit you, I will assume,
There'll be no Snowshoes in your rubber room.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Well, unless they were makin' rainbows (and what could be more positive pawsitive than rainbows?), abyeb abyeb and -Mia- -Mia- 's wind-breaking kitties certainly aren't Snowshoes, as witness the second verse of the well-known Moo Shu Snowshoe Song:

Ah yes, I remember the Moo Shu Snowshoe song! A work of pure genius. It would make for an adorable music video, starring the gorgeous Moo Shu herself, of course.

:clapcat:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I know that we are just in November, but si love sinfín and I adore sinfín Christmas carrols, so please don't judge me!:purr:
I'm not sure if the auto-quote function did a number on your post or if sinfin is slang for something, but for some reason that really made me laugh.

:spew:

Got up early this morning to go for a walk with my friend Vera. Neither of us are really morning people, but she couldn't get a babysitter for this afternoon so we started our walk at 9 am.

Gorgeous, crisp cool autumn day and a lovely view of Mount Fuji from the top of the hill we climbed.

I got home to find that the kittens are now able to climb over their baby gate. The older cats are all perched nervously up on the cat highway while the kittens charge around downstairs.

At least they didn't work out what the cat door was yet. Now, how to find a higher baby gate that they won't be able to climb over.......?

:climbcat:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if the auto-quote function did a number on your post or if sinfin is slang for something, but for some reason that really made me laugh.
Norachan Norachan - @Alejandra Rico 's phone only autocorrects to Spanish; "sinfing" is, "singing," since the "f" and "g" are right next to one another.

I should say something pawsitive about autocorrection, but....

;)

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This Moo Shu Snowshoe song - in combination with a fresh and strong cup of coffee - put a smile on my face for the rest of the day :lol::lol::lol:.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I know I'm probably setting myself up to get a snowshoe cat song stuck in my head for a month, buuuuut......
Please tell me there is an original recording of this song somewhere!!

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a day off... so ... no rush, no hurry, ...
I browsed through my old photo's and found this one ... depicting me in Mérida, Venezuela, on top of the world. I remember exactly the tremendous feeling of joy I felt on that particular place at that particular time and I wanted to share that feeling with you.

venezuela karine 2004 3.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Loving the new smilies too. Particularly the new cats ones. :dancingblackcat::whiskers::petcat::purr:
Another of my favourites is the hopping bunny. :bunnydance:
And those of us on Artie watch know this one will be used a lot. :poop:
(Artie and his Issues)

Also love the idea of a yoga mat as a scratching mat. Gonna try it. Much cheaper than replacing my carpet, which Ruby is ensuring I'll have to do sooner than later. :sigh:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Two weeks ago two senior cats were surrendered because their owner had to go into a nursing home. The male has been okay, but the female has been hissing, running away from people, and hiding. This morning she walked up to me and sniffed my fingers, so she's making some progress. She didn't want to be petted, but she didn't hiss or run away, either.

Mohrle (female)
FB_IMG_1510134793915.jpg

Peterle (male)
FB_IMG_1510134781858.jpg

We got six cats (out of 30) from a hoarding situation. We've just discovered that one dilute tortoiseshell is a male, not a female. Yes, we didn't look. :paperbag: Anyway, male torties are pretty rare (though my sister has one), so his adoption chances are pretty good.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a wonderful cool and cloudy day here in la-la land. The Three are well fed and happy, the roofers behind us are going full steam ahead, and we have a giggling eggplant dog toy that I bought (for my CATS, but actually more for me since I seem to be the only one endlessly amused by it) from Best Friends several years ago. I can pretty much take it to the bank that no one else here has one of these. :insertevillaugh:

-Mia-

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
<----- Yay! I finally uploaded my kitten's picture! :clapcat:

That's my baby! :happycat:

I love this! I've never heard of the Snowshoe Song! :musicnote: :musicnote: :dancingblackcat:

Of course, I had never heard of a Snowshoe until I joined this site! :geekcat:

But is the song really a thing? Where can I find it?

I'd like to hear it... :lovecat:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Two weeks ago two senior cats were surrendered because their owner had to go into a nursing home. The male has been okay, but the female has been hissing, running away from people, and hiding. This morning she walked up to me and sniffed my fingers, so she's making some progress. She didn't want to be petted, but she didn't hiss or run away, either.

Mohrle (female)
View attachment 204398
Peterle (male)
View attachment 204400

We got six cats (out of 30) from a hoarding situation. We've just discovered that one dilute tortoiseshell is a male, not a female. Yes, we didn't look. :paperbag: Anyway, male torties are pretty rare (though my sister has one), so his adoption chances are pretty good.
A male tortie? That's really cool! I have a tortoiseshell cat, too. I've heard that the males born calico or tortie are sterile because of the chromosomal abnormalities required to carry the three colors. Is that true?
That's great that you saved the kitties from a hoarding situation! Keep up the good work!:coolcat:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I'm probably setting myself up to get a snowshoe cat song stuck in my head for a month, buuuuut......
Please tell me there is an original recording of this song somewhere!!
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Yes, of course there's and original recording - right on YouTube. Unfortunately, Mister Crosby hadn't rehearsed the lyrics all that well, hence, he sort of made up his own as he went along:

Status
Not open for further replies.