The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had some chicken for lunch and let the kitties have a few bites. They then proceeded to run around the apartment like crackheads causing me to wonder what the heck was in that chicken. Furthermore, why didn't it work on me? It was cute and entertaining to watch. They give me the warm fuzzies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A male tortie? That's really cool! I have a tortoiseshell cat, too. I've heard that the males born calico or tortie are sterile because of the chromosomal abnormalities required to carry the three colors. Is that true?
Yep - Klinefelter's Syndrome. There's actually a Centerwall Study paper which makes the cat-to-Human comparison very well:

An animal model for the XXY Klinefelter's syndrome in man: tortoiseshell and calico male cats. - PubMed - NCBI

@jcat - this photo made my day - Mohrle - that dark chocolate version of Norachan Norachan 's Forest Cat - can come here any day!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hooray! I went to fill up my near-empty tank of gas and discovered I had earned 30 cents off per gallon from the supermarket rewards card that I have! The weather is taking a dip below freezing tonight so I want to make sure my tank has gas in it. This was a welcome surprise to have this discount!:)

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awesome. Our grocery store has a fuel rewards program, too. A couple weeks ago, they had a special: spend $50, get 30 cents off a gallon. It's very easy to spend $50 on food. Coupled with the rewards we already had and the things we bought that have extra fuel saver, we ended up with 73 cents off. Filled up the tank.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This may not seem positive to some people but for me it is super positive - I got a free reward from Starbucks. Any size drink for free and the holiday spiced latte is here! :bliss: Nothing better than a warm cup of coffee or latte with a fuzzy cat in your lap on this very cold day.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if the auto-quote function did a number on your post or if sinfin is slang for something, but for some reason that really made me laugh.

:spew:

Got up early this morning to go for a walk with my friend Vera. Neither of us are really morning people, but she couldn't get a babysitter for this afternoon so we started our walk at 9 am.

Gorgeous, crisp cool autumn day and a lovely view of Mount Fuji from the top of the hill we climbed.

I got home to find that the kittens are now able to climb over their baby gate. The older cats are all perched nervously up on the cat highway while the kittens charge around downstairs.

At least they didn't work out what the cat door was yet. Now, how to find a higher baby gate that they won't be able to climb over.......?

:climbcat:
Good Lord, I should give up writing decent posts here, my smartphone is not as smart as stubborn. Well, It chose "sinfín" (endless) as the best alternative for "singing", so no slang intended Norachan Norachan
Good news about my cats, they have finally accepted eating Smila's canned food. I bought a lot of cans months ago because there was a great offer... But they didn't like It. Now, with some persistance, they finally seem to like it.
Yay! I won't have to give It to someone else!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This may not seem positive to some people but for me it is super positive - I got a free reward from Starbucks. Any size drink for free and the holiday spiced latte is here! :bliss: Nothing better than a warm cup of coffee or latte with a fuzzy cat
neely neely - You're absolutely right, of course, but I always order mine with the cat on the side, so it doesn't get too soggy!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Today Chula acted out the traditional cat legend, "How First Cat Got Her Legs". I was thrilled to get the entire thing recorded for posterity.

Here she is introducing the play to the audience. She points out that she will be portraying First Cat as female but that male cats often portray First Cat as male. Both versions are correct.

She demonstrates that once upon a time, cats were no more than unfinished lumps with two ears, a big mouth and whiskers.

Chula Red Curtain7.gif

Now the action begins. On the left, First Cat bows her head to show her devotion to Ceiling Cat. When Ceiling Cat appears, First Cat begins a spirited argument pointing out all of the advantages that would come with legs and mobility.
Chula Red Curtain 3.gif
Chula Red Curtain 4.gif

Unfortunately, her argument was a little too spirited and panel four shows First Cat being frozen in place and losing what she already has, her mouth. Fortunately it is just a warning and in panel five, her form starts to relax back to normal.
Chula Red Curtain5.gif
Chula RedCurtain 2 300x200.gif

Suddenly she sits up in astonishment. Her body feels strange and lumpy and oddly fluid.
Chula RedCurtain 1 300x200.gif

Boing! An appendage pops out of her chest but before she can do more than hiss in surprise, appendages start popping out all over. Ceiling Cat has granted her wish! First Cat goes through many forms before Ceiling Cat is finally satisfied.
Chula Red Curtain6.gif
Chula Red Curtain8.gif

First Cat then comes out to show off her new legs. The play is over.
Chula Red Curtain9.gif

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
@jcat - this photo made my day - Mohrle - that dark chocolate version of Norachan Norachan 's Forest Cat - can come here any day!
I was going to say that she looks a lot like Carpet.

Carpet39.jpg

Managed to get up, feed all the kitties, wash the dishes and vacuum the floor before I had to start work today. Just having a quick cuppa before I start.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to say that she looks a lot like Carpet.

View attachment 204506

Managed to get up, feed all the kitties, wash the dishes and vacuum the floor before I had to start work today. Just having a quick cuppa before I start.
Norachan Norachan and @jcat - I have some pawsitive news - I have just enough room here for Carpet and Mohrle. What a pair they'd make together!

#catnapperstrikesagain

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Great news! We went to the vet for our 1 week surgery re-check, and Lucy can finally take off her dreaded donut E-collar today! She immediately went to licking and grooming her neck for a solid five minutes, so I know she's feeling some relief. And the whole family is much happier tonight since she can cuddle and play with us now! :dizzycat::hearthrob::runningcat::hearthrob::climbcat:

Attachments

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a herd of deer outside the window watching me. I've taken a few pictures, wonder if I got them in focus?

There are also four tiny kittens doing laps of the room.

Ah, the joys of working from home.

:cloud9:
Norachan Norachan - I'm with you on this one. Sometimes, late at night, I try to imagine what Life might have been like if I'd been unable to be with the kitties all day. Then I think about having Moo Shu Snowshoe.

.:cloudy:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Norachan Norachan - I'm with you on this one. Sometimes, late at night, I try to imagine what Life might have been like if I'd been unable to be with the kitties all day. Then I think about having Moo Shu Snowshoe.

.:cloudy:
Pawsitive thread 1cat, this is the pawsitive thread! Think happy thoughts.

;)

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just watched Marcy going nuts with a toy mouse. It makes me smile, especially when I think about the insanely skinny little cat who was so angry and scared of the boys and had no energy for anything other than sleeping, eating, and hissing. She never seemed to mind pets, but now she seeks them out. I was worried about her because she never played but now she's an active little kitty. Crazy how far she's come in a few short months.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We commemorate Armistice Day in Belgium today, on the 11th of November.
I'd like to plead to put an end to all the ungoing conflicts in the world, but I am aware that this is an unattainable utopia. Maybe we can - on a smaller scale - agree to an 'armistice' in our ungoing personal conflicts, to make the world a better place ?
:salam:

Status
Not open for further replies.