The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Apparently our new neighbors are keeping an eye on pets. :clap: She came over this morning to tell us Mowgli had gotten out and was sitting in her yard crying. It wasn't him, but another black cat that lives a few blocks over and sometimes wanders over here. Her owner hadn't gone to work yet and came and got her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Sticking my head in here to let you all know that we have another positive thread going on here -
Announcement - The 2017 Tcs Member Awards

Please read the submission guidelines and send in your nominations! :clap2:

And a tweet, just to make sure my post qualifies as a positive one -

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a roast with carrots and potatoes going in the crockpot. It's gonna be delicious. Pot roast is one of my favorite meals and it's so easy to make. I actually bought a few roasts a couple weeks ago because they were on sale for $3.99 a pound. I made room in the freezer because it was such a great deal!

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sometimes the clutter of modern life can be a bit overwhelming. Areas like closets or the pantry, or sometimes even a hallway, can seem to overflow with packages and recycling and, well...stuff. In a world where perfectly organized Pinterest pantries are plastered over the internet, it can be a little discouraging to try and keep up with that level of organization.
Unless you have cats. Then, half-empty packages or empty cardboard boxes are AWESOME and consistently bring a smile to your face:

Attachments

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I wait all year for these peppermint treats
They are my favorite holiday sweets
I bought two bags from the neighborhood store
I'll gobble them up and go back for more.​

IMG_5040.jpg

Last edited:

-Mia-

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Getting ready for my quick bike ride=I stepped outside and the sun is shining and it doesn't feel 42 degrees...will see how it goes..wearing long sleeves but they zip off incase I overheat..the best part of my day..bike ride.

Over here, it's cloudy with a chance of rain.... But in the spirit of being positive, my car needs a wash!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I spent the afternoon preparing for winter, e.g. covering the patio furniture, cutting back perennials, moving all the planters/flower pots, and filling up the shed with garden ornaments. We didn't mind one bit because we had a fluffy four-legged voyeur with whiskers intently watching us from the patio door. :creampersian:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Just finished my yoga practice. I was able to go up into a headstand and back down again really slowly today, with control rather than just falling out of it.

I guess all the practice is starting to pay off.
That's impressive! I did some yoga for a while, but I wasn't nearly that advanced. I've always been more into running.

Charlie loves the texture of a yoga mat. He thinks it's a horizontal scratcher. :lol:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's impressive! I did some yoga for a while, but I wasn't nearly that advanced. I've always been more into running.

Charlie loves the texture of a yoga mat. He thinks it's a horizontal scratcher. :lol:
Oh, mine do too! They have two yoga mats of their own, one mounted to the wall and one flat on the floor. I always give my mats a squirt of lemon scented anti-scratch liquid before I start my practice. It's the only way I can keep them off.

:lol:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got a really sweet, handwritten letter from a friend today! Like...on paper! In the mail! From a MILLENNIAL!

She's a much younger social media loving, adorable and ambitious kid who I became close to when we worked together at my former job. Although I don't get to see her very often, she's had a rough year or so. Her letter outlined the impact I've had on her life in this transition period, and thanking me for my support and advice. Although I don't know that I've received a letter in quite a while, and I certainly never expected any kind of appreciation for throwing my two cents into a discussion, ;) I was really taken aback by this sweet gesture. It was so encouraging and humbling! It really inspired me to let people in my life know just how much of a positive impact they've made, because it certainly feels special to be on the receiving end of that type of recognition! :hearthrob:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I received a message from my sister about her youngest son; he is actually studying to become a professional actor. It has been a struggle so far, but recently he got a splendid offer to act in a movie. I was moved to tears when I heard that his continuous dedication finally pays off. I’m so proud of this boy !!!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Positive thing for today is that I have time and energy for TCS despite it being my first day back at work after a 10 day holiday. :runaround: And I finally got a chance to catch up on this thread. :lol: :yess: So, why not use some new smilies to celebrate? Reason I was so busy was my niece lives in Australia but came back to the UK to get married last weekend. Lots and lots of partying and celebrating been going on here. :celebrate: :bunnydance:
I think this is one of my favourite smilies ever, someone seems to have used Mouse as the model. :petcat:

Status
Not open for further replies.