The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been taking things a little bit easier than usual because my cold was making me feel grotty. I didn't do anything on Saturday. Sunday I did an hour of yoga. Monday 90 minutes walk and then about 30 minutes stretching.

I did 90 minutes of yoga today. I'm tempted to go for a walk, but it's very cold out. Maybe it would be better to skip it.

@Tobermory does 30 minutes of walking really burn 230 calories or more!? That's impressive.
Maybe I should go for a walk after all.
Even though it is cold outside, the fresh air and the walking usually helps you breath better. Not exactly a stream bath but more moisture than you get inside a building.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm getting some serious yard-work time in today. Cleaned up two smallish beds and edged them, then got after some weeds and THEN removed a flower "bed" of sorts.

The smaller somewhat younger shorter plants (not as much for a root system) around the sides came out fairly easily, but the big thing in the center did NOT. Darn near broke my garden fork (never liked it anyway, good excuse to get a new one heh) and was a serious workout ;)!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm getting some serious yard-work time in today. Cleaned up two smallish beds and edged them, then got after some weeds and THEN removed a flower "bed" of sorts.
Oh, wow! Good for you! We're no where near gardening weather yet. The snow's all gone, but the grass is still super mushy, so I don't really want to be walking on it much yet. And, of course, have to walk on the grass to get to the gardens.

I haven't walked the last couple days, but I did make it to 27 minutes walking one day last week. Next goal is 30 minutes.:walk:

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
So I was up in Olympia, WA for about two weeks (before all hell broke loose up there). It was colder than what I was used to, but it didn't really bother me too much. I was able to get out for a couple runs on the nice days, and hit the 24 Hr Fitness for a couple days. It wasn't as much as I should have, but it kept me in maintenance mode.

Now I'm trying to get back on track to lose those extra pounds I put on last year. grrrrrr.

My cousin from CA came up for a few days, and she is more outdoorsy, so we went on a few walks. Did a really good hike on Saturday with her and hubby.

FVP day today, so I'll be running a calorie deficit today, but I'm still gonna try and get some pilates in. My plank sucks these days.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took my 2 hour walk outside today! The weather unexpectedly went up to 50 degrees! The wind was brutal though, almost blew me over. I'll try to get out there an hour earlier tomorrow at 2pm. I didn't even need a coat, just long sleeve shirt. :thumbsup:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Even though it is cold outside, the fresh air and the walking usually helps you breath better.
Yes, I'm feeling a lot better now and I think the walks helped a lot.
I'm getting some serious yard-work time in today.
I envy you! Our ground is usually frozen until the end of this month, so it's still too early to think about gardening. The snow wasn't too bad yesterday morning. No need to shovel, I spent the time mopping all the muddy paw prints off the floor instead. I walked for an hour and did an hour of yoga yesterday, just an hour of yoga today.

furmonster mom furmonster mom are you doing planks for all over core strength or do you particularly need the arm strength? I've been alternating planks with navasana (boat pose) recently. Easier on the shoulders but great for the core.
1583829359393.png

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
furmonster mom furmonster mom are you doing planks for all over core strength or do you particularly need the arm strength? I've been alternating planks with navasana (boat pose) recently. Easier on the shoulders but great for the core.
View attachment 325785
Ohhh... that looks a lot like "the teaser" in pilates. I suck at that one too, lol

I've just been doing a standard plank for core. I had it up to 2:15 mins, but am back down to 1:30 min. grrrrr

I know that when I've done more pilates in the past, my plank has improved. It's still my nemesis, though.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I had it up to 2:15 mins
:noway: That's impressive! I'm pretty good at Navasana. I have good stomach muscles from all these years spent holding my tummy in and trying to look thinner than I actually am. Not so good at plank though, my shoulders and upper arms still need some work.

45 minutes yoga and a 90 minute walk yesterday.

I'm going to climb Dragon Peak tomorrow.

竜ヶ岳登山 -Ryugatake-

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:noway: That's impressive! I'm pretty good at Navasana. I have good stomach muscles from all these years spent holding my tummy in and trying to look thinner than I actually am. Not so good at plank though, my shoulders and upper arms still need some work.

45 minutes yoga and a 90 minute walk yesterday.

I'm going to climb Dragon Peak tomorrow.

竜ヶ岳登山 -Ryugatake-

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:
I'm starting to build up stomach muscles with pilates so that's good. But I still have poor upper body strength so those planks really kill me too. Ugh! But hopefully that changes one day as well. :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Sad to say but I think today was my last day at my gym at least for a while. I realized today that the massive air circulation fans in the ceiling could easily spread a virus droplet from one end of the gym to the other. It just does not seem safe at all to continue. I have three other gyms nearby that I can use my SilverSneakers membership at so this week I will check them out to see if there is one that seems relatively safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.