The Exercise Motivation Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How much do bicycles cost these days? I should get one...

It's supposed to be like 60 degrees tomorrow. I got all excited that I could take my walk outside. But then I read the other part-
100% chance of rain. :bawling:
I paid 200,000w for mine, which is about $190~It was one of the cheapest bikes at the shop I went to. I'm certain you can get a perfectly good used bike for a heck of a lot cheaper though. My academy is above a BMC cycling shop (pro-level, carbon body racing cycles) and their most expensive one is about $14,000! haha

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My bike needs some love. It's spent the past six months under a tarp on my deck. It needs the chain tightening and oiling, the brakes adjusting, another coat of paint and some air in the tires. That's my spring project.

90 minutes of yoga on Wednesday.
One hour of yoga and a one hour walk yesterday.
45 minutes yoga today.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I went out for my walk this morning and had the opportunity to do a dance in the middle of the street with a cat sized doggie that was bound and determined to bite me. These little guys want to get behind you and bite the back of your legs so there I was in the middle of the street yellIng at him all the while turning so that I was always facing him. The owner came out which seemed to rile the dog up more and he started getting more aggressive and much closer to my feet. Fortunately the owner was able to grab him up before I had to give him a kick but I was pretty close to doing it. I have to remember to bring a stick or something with tomorrow.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to remember to bring a stick or something with tomorrow.
I should probably carry a stick when I go for my walk too. Or get a cellphone. I was thinking the other day that if somebody kidnapped me, nobody would know what happened to me, since it's so remote here.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I should probably carry a stick when I go for my walk too. Or get a cellphone. I was thinking the other day that if somebody kidnapped me, nobody would know what happened to me, since it's so remote here.
I had a “dog tag” made a couple months ago with my name, birthdate and emergency contact number on it. I had it on my gym shoe but have since moved it onto my keyring which is with me when I walk. That is all I take with me, with a walking stick added going forward. The tag only cost $3.45 with free shipping on Amazon so I think in the future I will be ordering a couple more. The thing about taking a phone is whether it would be locked if you were unconscious and someone else wouldn’t be able to use it to find out who you were.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The thing about taking a phone is whether it would be locked if you were unconscious and someone else wouldn’t be able to use it to find out who you were.
I'm not even sure if a cell phone would work outside here, I would have to try it. I probably should carry my license id with me in my pocket.

maeganj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have peloton or use the peloton app? The app itself is pretty good, it has guided outdoor walks and runs, meditation, yoga and stretches. It's been pretty motivating for me. I still prefer technology free hikes though.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I tried to take my walk outside yesterday. It was like 60 degrees, but the wind was brutal! I'm not kidding, it literally picked me up off my feet! It was like the Wizard of Oz tornado trying to throw me through the air. So I didn't last long, I took my walk inside. Maybe next week the wind will go away....

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever I was at the office I at least got a lot of walks in going to the cafeteria (lol) a couple times a day or having to walk a little to the bathroom / getting water. Or standing around to talk. But now I'm just sitting at the dining table and working. I walk a few feet to go to the bathroom or go to my kitchen. It's bad. :( I need to start walking to the nearby target or something! I did pilates twice last week but during these times it's not nearly enough.

Today I realized how bad I was being so I did a few last minute girly push ups, tippy toe walking and walking lunges. Not much lol. Going to do pilates on Tuesday.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another nice day here. I will try to get out on the bike tonight, maybe around 10:30 to avoid as many people as I can while still making it to bed around 12. It's supposed to rain a lot later in the week, so should get out now!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I did an hour of yoga on Saturday and Sunday and a lot of yard work. So many things need to be done out there. I'm on the hauling and digging part at the moment, the painting and planting is yet to come.

Two 30 minute yoga sessions on Monday, 90 minutes of yoga today.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
So, after spending a good 4 straight hours in standing (hard on the back) in the kitchen making pet food for two days in a row, I went on a cleaning frenzy yesterday. Turns out there's a lot of core work in housecleaning, especially if you're moving the furniture around.

There were, however, consequences... my back stiffened up so badly, I had difficulty getting out of bed and movement was very painful.
So, I took the dog for a 45 minute walk, thinking I'd just work it out... nope
So, then I did some pilates, ouch! Then yoga... better...

Finally, my dear hubby says, "why don't you just soak?"
so I did
and it was good

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did end up doing pilates today. I used a 3 pound weight while I bridged. I saw pics of people doing that when I searched on google so I tried it out. I think I'll keep doing that. And I did 7 girly push ups at the end of it..and not very well I might add lol. Decided I need to beef up my work outs! Not too hard to do since I'm not fit. Goal is to do this 3x/week.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did go out last night for a bike ride but the trail I chose suddenly stopped having path lighting! I have a light on my bike but it's pretty weak, more to let others know I'm there rather than to actually see anything. There was enough ambient lighting that it was okay for a while, but then I decided it wasn't worth the risk and turned around. I got in 12km. The city and the river looked really beautiful in the dark, but while I was out there I could understand why that area was where they sometimes find bodies...kind of secluded, lots of tall grass...Will stick to going towards the city center in the future!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Turns out there's a lot of core work in housecleaning, especially if you're moving the furniture around.
Oh yes, house work is pretty hard work. I broke my toe moving a sofa a few years back, so you go careful!

All of my exercise today was yard work. 2 and 1/2 hours digging and hauling. I think I'm going to be mainly doing yard work on the sunny days for the next few weeks.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I did an hour of yoga on Thursday and Friday, plus a lot of hauling wood. Finally got three of the four outdoor cat condos into their new spots and all the dead wood picked up from the enclosure. Then a storm came through here last night and brought down a load more branches, so I have to pick up dead wood again!

:doh:

Today I went for a 2 hour walk, then did an hour of yoga. I didn't see a single person while I was out walking, but I did spot a couple of boar. I guess they're venturing further down the mountain because no one is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.