The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here!

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
depends on his parents. maine coons can be absolutely giant. my maine coon is a female. she was not a giant of the breed. only about 14 pounds (healthy weight) however she her daddy or uncle (can never remember which he was) was a 30 something pound cat. he was kinda heavy. I'm thinking he'd have been about 19- 22 pounds healthy weight. so all I can say is what was his daddy like? :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he looks a lot smaller but it might be camera angle. lol. Dante is still shedding his winter coat. he was an outdoor kitty for the first part of the season so it's shocking. at least he likes brushes. lol.
thefiresidecat thefiresidecat - You have a good eye; that was taken from across the room, with a 200mm lens. The "pancake effect" make him look like he's not an ounce over thirty pounds!

Bob looks hilarious mid-way through shed - Half-And-HalfCat; I imagine that Dante (I'm glad that his name stuck with him finally) looks about the same. :)

Mango the Maine Coon

Big Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
Neither the dad or Mom was present. I adopted him from a somewhat bad situation(a vet in the basement of a small house, litter of kittens in a cage mounted to the wall in the waiting area :confused2: with no hideout in the cage) super weird vibes from that place although I’ve been told that this sort of thing is sadly commonplace. So I took the whole Maine coon in his bloodline thing with a grain of salt lol but he definitely fits the description in many ways physically and his temperament matches up.(not purebred of course)

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thefiresidecat thefiresidecat - You have a good eye; that was taken from across the room, with a 200mm lens. The "pancake effect" make him look like he's not an ounce over thirty pounds!

Bob looks hilarious mid-way through shed - Half-And-HalfCat; I imagine that Dante (I'm glad that his name stuck with him finally) looks about the same. :)

lol his name is still kinda fluid but that's the one that is official. lol. belushi boy is used equally. because he looks a lot like john belushi in blues brothers. one vet said 1 yearish. the next vet says 4 or 5. but we're still leaning towards kitten side of things. he seems to have had a serious growth spurt when we got him. and he still thinks attacking toes under the blanket at four am is a pretty fun game. it seems like they outgrow that one by 4 or 5. lol. but who knows. the other fun game he likes to play is to get in to the chair as in the video I linked to and then attack me so I can't sit. he also climbs the chair from the back side to wack at my hair. lol. it's always so shocking. that video was from last night. he still is all muscle. no fat on him.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Neither the dad or Mom was present. I adopted him from a somewhat bad situation(a vet in the basement of a small house, litter of kittens in a cage mounted to the wall in the waiting area :confused2: with no hideout in the cage) super weird vibes from that place although I’ve been told that this sort of thing is sadly commonplace. So I took the whole Maine coon in his bloodline thing with a grain of salt lol but he definitely fits the description in many ways physically and his temperament matches up.(not purebred of course)
:( well I'm glad he found a good home. definitely maine coon. I wouldn't even balk at probably pure bred. and judging from that size at 8 months I do think he's going to be a big boy. how much does he weigh now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 233339 I am admiring all of these big, beautiful kitties! They are awesome! How about a kitty that is big enough to strangle his person if she doesn’t hand out enough treats? Does he qualify? This is Bonjure. My bouncing baby Bonjie! He still thinks he is a little guy!
Jcatbird Jcatbird - It's always the big ones who want to sit right on top of you. Bob's closing in on 36 pounds, and feels compelled to lie across your chest at every opportunity. At 113 cm nose-to-tail, he takes up your chest, your neck, your lap, and part of your next door neighbour's lap as well.

Your black beauty is stunning; I hope we'll see more of him here and in the other photo forum threads as well. tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 will be smitten with this kitten!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will post more. He still wants to be held like a people baby. He stands on hind legs and puts his front paws up to reach for my neck. If I am within range ( or maybe not) he leaps on me like a toddler would and puts his paws around my neck to hold on. Funny guy likes to be burped on my shoulder too. Burping obviously a result of stealing doughnuts. Kind of hard to rock this baby in my arms but it is required! When I found him he was a tiny baby. I had no idea what was coming! A lot ofaine Coon mixes show up here.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ADE1DCAB-CEFC-4267-9A9F-7DE33BEAEBC0.jpeg
I also have a larger cat named Dolly. HE is shown here with a cat that is not too small herself. She is Mittwo. I don’t know what Dolly is except huge. Lol He doesn’t have the Fluff that Bonjie has. Dolly is my oldest and as all of them are, he is a feral I rescued. He likes for me to sing “ Hello Dolly” to him. Must be tone deaf.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I will post more. He still wants to be held like a people baby. He stands on hind legs and puts his front paws up to reach for my neck. If I am within range ( or maybe not) he leaps on me like a toddler would and puts his paws around my neck to hold on. Funny guy likes to be burped on my shoulder too. Burping obviously a result of stealing doughnuts. Kind of hard to rock this baby in my arms but it is required! When I found him he was a tiny baby. I had no idea what was coming! A lot ofaine Coon mixes show up here.

my siberian did that when he was little (he'd also suckle on my hair when doing it) he still will grab me like that on rare occasion even as a full grown adult kitty. he stopped doing it all the time when he was about 2. we used to call it emergency cuddles. because he'd break off from whatever high speed thing he was doing and dash into my arms and start with the cuddles lol