The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if a 14.5 lb tabby counts. He’s at a healthy weight but he is still such a long and structurally sound cat. He also is very clumsy and sounds like an elephant coming down the stairs.

And to demonstrate Trin’s size, boyfriend for scale. There are many complaints that he is being pushed off the bed:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if a 14.5 lb tabby counts. He’s at a healthy weight but he is still such a long and structurally sound cat. He also is very clumsy and sounds like an elephant coming down the stairs.

And to demonstrate Trin’s size, boyfriend for scale. There are many complaints that he is being pushed off the bed:

*How to sleep properly* :cloud9::dizzycat:If I wake up with all three cats glued to me like this, it's a blissful morning.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
When my torti wants more stroking, she gives me love bites.
Aww, love hurts sometimes. Trin also chomps if I ignore the boop. Or if he's super happy he just needs to sink his teeth into something soft and squishy. Lately he's learned that love-chomps mean reduced petting and he's taken to delicately licking my hand.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, love hurts sometimes. Trin also chomps if I ignore the boop. Or if he's super happy he just needs to sink his teeth into something soft and squishy. Lately he's learned that love-chomps mean reduced petting and he's taken to delicately licking my hand.
I actually love it when Tarifa bites me. Perverse, I know, but true.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At nearly sixteen pounds, Lance says that he qualifies as a Big Breed. Bob says, "not so much."

View attachment 235053
People who say cats don't differ much in size have never met some of THESE cats! My tiny Sahra was a kitten-sized cat all her life -- and then there was Nicolas, who weighed 22 lbs. in his prime.