The Big Breeds (and Mixes): Post 'em Here!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seen from space, poor skinny little Bob, gobbling treats in an effort to put some meat on his bones. The four foot ruler is almost four inches longer than needed for a BobScale - here at exactly 112 cm nose-to-tail, and a tiny fraction over 35 pounds 3 ounces. With the scale set to metric, there's the faintest flicker when he moves, showing "16.000 kg."

View attachment 200277

Would write more, but must go feed Bob.
:wow::jawdrop:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A question for all the big breed lovers out there: this little girl:

is Axis Star B. J. S'Ally. She's Walentina's current 'high hopes' kitten, and I think she's positively stunning in every facet, but the European judges seem to disagree somewhat - she finished 7th Best in Breed in Helsinki. Is she, in her extreme looks, simply not a cat suited to everyone's taste, or is it her colouring, or something else entirely? For reference, here's one of the two Chamberlain cats who finished ahead of her - Born To Be A Star:

In fact, the top six in Breed were all products of Finnish catteries, and the Finnish National was judged exclusively by Finnish judges. Coincidence? Who can say?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

is Axis Star B. J. S'Ally. She's Walentina's current 'high hopes' kitten, and I think she's positively stunning in every facet, but the European judges seem to disagree somewhat - she finished 7th Best in Breed in Helsinki. Is she, in her extreme looks, simply not a cat suited to everyone's taste, or is it her colouring, or something else entirely? For reference, here's one of the two Chamberlain cats who finished ahead of her - Born To Be A Star:

In fact, the top six in Breed were all products of Finnish catteries, and the Finnish National was judged exclusively by Finnish judges. Coincidence? Who can say?
While I'm not at all into the show thing or the Cat Fancy due to loving ALL cats and adopting those who so desperately need loving permanent homes, I can certainly appreciate these cats' showiness and gorgeousness! As far as I'm concerned, S'Ally is a champion!

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, I can't fathom it. Just look at the muzzle, ears and tail...WOW.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's Manny freshly weighed at the vet at 20 lbs. He was 2 years old in Sep. so he probably has some growing to do. Oddly enough he's a pretty light eater. He's eats like a third of what my late Maine Coon devoured.View attachment 203062 View attachment 203064 View attachment 203065 View attachment 203066 View attachment 203067 View attachment 203068
sabian sabian - Twenty pounds at two years is actually pretty fair size for a Siberian, given the fact that they keep growing right through their fourth - and sometimes into their fifth year. They're the "steady increasers" of the big breeds. Manny is just gorgeous.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DSCN1150.JPG
Thought I would throw in a picture of my big boy, Swanie. He is currently somewhere around 24 pounds. Definitely overweight, but also just big. When we got him he was pretty little and they guessed his age at 1-2. Told us he would now grow anymore. One day I looked at him sitting next to me, and it was like when did that happen?! He is a big love bug, loves to sit on my lap or otherwise cuddle with me. The girl next to him is our RB kitty Cynthia, a "normal" sized kitty.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 203155 Thought I would throw in a picture of my big boy, Swanie. He is currently somewhere around 24 pounds. Definitely overweight, but also just big. When we got him he was pretty little and they guessed his age at 1-2. Told us he would now grow anymore. One day I looked at him sitting next to me, and it was like when did that happen?! He is a big love bug, loves to sit on my lap or otherwise cuddle with me. The girl next to him is our RB kitty Cynthia, a "normal" sized kitty.
*AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW* what a sweet pic of such gorgeous felines! :kneading::lovecat3:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 203155 Thought I would throw in a picture of my big boy, Swanie. He is currently somewhere around 24 pounds. Definitely overweight, but also just big. When we got him he was pretty little and they guessed his age at 1-2. Told us he would now grow anymore. One day I looked at him sitting next to me, and it was like when did that happen?! He is a big love bug, loves to sit on my lap or otherwise cuddle with me. The girl next to him is our RB kitty Cynthia, a "normal" sized kitty.
misty8723 misty8723 - Swanie has a soul patch! What's his axe? Clarinet? Trumpet? Baritone Sax?

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
sabian sabian - Twenty pounds at two years is actually pretty fair size for a Siberian, given the fact that they keep growing right through their fourth - and sometimes into their fifth year. They're the "steady increasers" of the big breeds. Manny is just gorgeous.
I read where they can grow up to 5 years so I figure he'll get a little bigger....or fatter!...lol...Thanks 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine