The 2019 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalpaengi

A cat snail enthusiast
Young Cat
Purraise
I fell off the wagon while I was super sick but somehow I was able to stick to my meal plan while cutting down on sugar :( Maybe I should start back up slowly, like only do 15 mins on the treadmill. Sigh.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Sorry to hear you've been sick dalpaengi dalpaengi Just do what your body feels capable of doing for now. It's not good to push yourself too hard when you're recovering from an illness.

I did 90 minutes of yoga yesterday.

I had a really busy day today, loads of chores and two cats that needed to see the vet, so only managed about 30 minutes of yoga before I had to start work. Ah well, I can make up for that tomorrow.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree; I would start small too. :agree:

I had to push myself at first but I got my 30 minutes in on the elliptical yesterday. I was actually debating washing the dishes instead of working out. That's saying something. :lol: I hope my dishwasher gets fixed soon! I'm just reminding myself that I enjoy the benefits of working out!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I did two 45 minute yoga sessions and a one hour walk today. It really feels like spring out there.

A few pictures from my walk. Mount Fuji with just a little bit of snow.

Walks186.jpg
The Minami Alps in the distance.
Walks183.jpg

Mr Husband just got back from snowboarding in those Alps.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could always jog on the spot while you do the dishes.

:freak:

90 minutes of yoga today.
I don't think I could do that and stay dry. :lol2: It would amuse my family though. :lol:

I had some stuff going on yesterday and missed my workout time. I'm looking forward to it today. Maybe I will make up for it this weekend.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Skipped a regular gym day yesterday to do more snow moving and cleanup so I went very unenthusiastically today. One wonderful thing about this gym though is that there is a large grocery store right next to it. Sometimes my motivation, like today is that I need to buy groceries so I might as well go to the gym first.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
90 minute walk and 90 minutes of yoga on Friday.

Sat in front of the PC all day Saturday, but did 45 minutes yoga after work.

45 minutes of yoga and a 90 minute walk on Sunday.

Cleaned the house from top to bottom (Two hours 30 minutes) and one hour of yoga today.

How's everyone else doing this week?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went back to sleep after DH left for work. :p But seriously I needed more sleep and I've been working out later in the day anyway. I'm going to have to change that when the summer comes. At least for the strength training in the garage. Even with insulating the garage door and a fan I'm betting it'll be much more comfortable earlier in the day.

I did well last week though. The next time I run ino walmart I'm buying a belt even if it's technically a men's belt. :crazy: I don't want to buy a pair of jeans that might not fit for long. Plus I don't have time for true shopping. But my jeans are getting ridiculously big. :yess: My typical cotton pants at home are fine. They all have draw string waists. :lol:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
But my jeans are getting ridiculously big.
That's fantastic! Maybe you should treat yourself to some new jeans as a reward when you get down to your target weight.

I did 90 minutes of yoga on Tuesday, one hour of yoga yesterday. I really want to go out for a walk but it's cold, sleety rain at the moment so I'm going to wait and hope it clears up this afternoon.

I'll do some more yoga now instead.

Keep going everyone, it's nearly spring!

:bliss::bliss::bliss:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's fantastic! Maybe you should treat yourself to some new jeans as a reward when you get down to your target weight.
By the time I reach my target weight these won't even be an option. :banana1: I don't know how long it will take; but as of last summer I was 100 pounds heavier than when I got married (at age 20). I don't think I should ever weigh under 130 and even 135 is probably pushing it considering that is what I weighed for most of high school; even when I was nicely toned. :rolleyes: So I'm not being too firm on actual weight numbers. 145 would probably be nice. That might also depend on the strength training. I guess I don't know what my goal is. Just to look and feel and move better I guess. :crazy:

I DID go buy a belt today. Technically I got 2. One is a men's belt. :rolleyes: I don't like the size of the buckle but they had longer belts. I did manage to find an actual women's one though. They definitely do NOT correspond to pant size for women's belts! Men's belts I was able to go off measuring my waste at home. I may return the men's one now that I've tried the women's one on and it fits. It looks like I'm down 2-3 inches in my waist. So yeah these jeans have been a struggle to keep up. Several of my shirts are looking more baggy too. :yess:
:bliss:
I'm hoping to get some new shorts for summer and by fall I can go for new jeans. :anticipation: I usually only have one pair anyway because at home I just wear athletic pants.

In another week or so I'll do a weight check. Maybe in 2 weeks. It was very cold here yesterday so I was glad to NOT have to go lift weights in the garage. It's taken a little extra motivation to get my elliptical time in though. Reminding myself of these visible changes helps! :agree:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually go to the gym every other day but these darn snow storms have totally messed up my schedule. More snow this weekend and I am trying to decide if I want to go to the gym two days in a row so I won’t feel guilty skipping two snowstorm days.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I climbed a mountain yesterday. Only a small one, we walked up Mount Takao which is on the pilgrims route half way between here and Tokyo. It was a nice walk, took about two hours altogether.

A few pics.

Huge 500 year old cedar trees.
Walks189.jpg
Walks192_R.jpg

A temple near the top.
Walks196_R.jpg

The view from the top.
Walks194_R.jpg
Mount Takao is special because when you look towards Mount Fuji at sunset the sun is right behind it
Walks193_R.jpg

I did another 90 minute walk today, then 45 minutes of yoga.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Love all the pictures and progress you folks have made! I've not been doing anything. So this week I plan on gym on Wednesday. Mon dentist. Tuesday is foot place appointment again. Gonna ask about those insoles that you mentioned MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles . These insoles look like the most unprofessional soles..they added bits of pieces and just look silly. They are supposed to make me another pair but they put me with a new person because other left to work elsewhere. I tell ya it's really Annoying dealing with new people every 2 months. I found a pair of insoles that have a nice arch in some shoes i bought and they turned their noses up at them. Come to find out those insoles are only 20 bucks. Hopefully they will make me the 2md pair that I've been asking for for 4 months now.

In the meantime i try to walk around at work more often...i know I got to rein in the eating...ive bought bigger clothes because let's face it no one likes tight pinching clothes. It's now 2x I'm in for everything. I've got to buck down but yep every time it snows it makes it impossible to park at the gym and it's still packed with new years res people. At least it seems mon and tues are the busiest days...i figure a wed fri sun plan for the next few weeks should work.

Hope everyone hangs in there for spring! We are getting more snow today. Yay. But i did shovel snow last week and week before. ..... been reading a ton too. Stay strong we shall see warm weather soon!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I hope they sort your insoles out soon Foxxycat. It seems like you've been waiting for them forever!

Sunday I had to work all day but did an hour of yoga in the evening. 90 minutes yoga yesterday. An hour of yoga and an hour walk today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The weather forecast is showing sunny and highs above freezing (finally) for the next 2 weeks, so all the ice on the sidewalks should (finally) melt, meaning maybe I'll (finally) get some outside walking done.
:walk::walk::walk:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not doing well. Oh, I've been walking, but not every day. We've had vehicles in the garage and snow and sleet; Rick's been taking me to work (which means no morning walks). And I'm getting lazy at night after work. Lately, I've been too pooped to walk at night. Weekends have been pretty much hopeless for walking. I don't know what my problem is. I'm trying to get back on track, but well......

Monday -
19,040 steps for the day = 9.92 miles (I only needed 1,000 steps to get to my 20,000. I went to bed with my book instead of getting the steps.)
33 floors
106 active minutes

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
meaning maybe I'll (finally) get some outside walking done.
Hope you get some nice spring weather soon.

I'm not doing well.
Well, every little bit counts!

I had a couple of good days. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I managed a walk and at least an hour of yoga. Today I took a rest day as my bloody toe hurts again. This is taking so long to heal. I've broken plenty of bones before and cut myself badly enough to need stitches, but this! This is so painful for so long and it keeps getting infected.

:gaah:

Mountain climbers do alright without toes, don't they? I might just cut the darn thing off.

:cloudy:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hope you get some nice spring weather soon.
It's been spring-like the last few days. No flowers yet, but lot of sun. :sunshine:
I went for a walk yesterday. And today I got motivated to start painting again. So that last room is finally going to match the rest of the house.

Today I took a rest day as my bloody toe hurts again.
Oh no. :( Vibes for it to get better soon. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's been spring-like the last few days. No flowers yet, but lot of sun.
I'm so looking forward to spring flowers!

Vibes for it to get better soon.
Thank you. It's slowly getting better, I just didn't expect a ripped off toenail to be such a major issue.

I did an hour of yoga yesterday. My toe wasn't up for a walk, but I decided I could shuffle around the enclosure and do a bit of yard work. A couple of dead branches needed to be sawn off and there was loads of wood to haul out of there. Good for upper body strength, right?

Took about 2 hours to do all the outdoor chores.

Going to do some more yoga now.

:cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.