Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww... that must have been totally adorable to watch.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thursday - didn't do very well. No time to walk in the morning and that messes me up for the whole day.

13,165 steps for the day = 6.86 miles
15 floors
53 active minutes

I need 4,411 steps today (Friday) to get my 100,000 steps for the week in.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am trying to motivate myself to get out in the garage and get my lifting done early. It's cold and it snowed. I had to transfer 2 car seats to my mother's car in the snow and that felt like a workout on it's own. :p We weren't even supposed to get more than a snow shower today but it's been steady all day. There is just something so nice about having the elliptical right here in the climate-controlled house. Even if it is essentially in my kitchen/dining/office/school room. :lol: I'm holding steady at 3.25 miles on the elliptical every day.

I am starting to notice my enso wedding band is getting loose. I nearly washed it off my hand earlier. I can get my actual wedding band just past my knuckle now. I might be able to get it all the way on but I'm not risking getting it stuck. I haven't been able to properly wear my wedding band in about 4/5 years I think. I haven't worn my engagement ring (which is a half size smaller) since I was pregnant with my 9 year old. If my hand gets much smaller I will likely want another enso ring. They are so great for when I'm cooking or gardening. No worries about them. Plus that will be a good reward for sticking with my fitness goals. :D I think I want this one next: Legends Thin Silicone Ring but they also have a lavender color I absolutely love. I currently have the plum infinity style one; which matches a ton of my clothing. :crazy:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I am not amused. My Charge 3's battery was really low on Thursday, so it spent three hours on the charger. And everything was fine. This morning, I woke up and it was dead. Completely dead. It's been two days, for crying out loud. Put it on the charger again and it's up to 54%. I think this is the second (maybe even the third) time this has happened. Charges are supposed to last seven days, but mine normally lasts six. I'm OK with that. It's when I've completely charged it up, get the smiley face that it's charged and ready to go, and then a day or two later, the blasted thing dies. Grrrrrr.

Barely made it to 10,000 steps yesterday. It really changes things when I don't walk in the morning....it's hard to get caught back up and I pretty much just say, "Oh well, there's always tomorrow.". The good thing is that I did get over 100,000 steps for the week yesterday.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles I can't tell you the last time Rick and I wore our wedding rings. When I worked in the paper plant, we were not allowed to wear any jewelry and that included rings of any type. I guess I just got out of the habit of wearing it. Rick is still working in his plant and, again, no jewelry. (Gee, I wonder if mine still fits?!) Good luck! I know you're going to be wearing your ring in no time!

ETA: I just looked at my FitBit and it went down, from 54% to 49%. It's connected OK, so I don't know what's going on. I think I'm going to charge the Blaze up and start using that. I'll contact FitBit and see what they think.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama My Fitbit week starts on Sunday morning and ends Saturday night. But I try to get my 100,000 steps in by Friday (sometimes I can make it on Thursday). Once I have my total in, everything else is just icing on the cake, so to speak. :) Although Rick has been telling me that, instead of shooting for 100,000 steps in a week, I should increase my goal, maybe to 110,000 or so.

You can set your FitBit up to start the week whenever you wish. I think.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Although Rick has been telling me that, instead of shooting for 100,000 steps in a week, I should increase my goal, maybe to 110,000 or so.
Don't increase it too much, though, or instead of motivating, it might end up discouraging you. And, BTW, 100,000 steps a week, is A LOT !!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I still haven't tried yoga, and now that I've seen this commercial, with a cat that even looks like my Ruby, I'm wondering if I'll run into the same problem as the girl in the commercial. Of course, I won't be doing that sort of a pose. :lol:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I still haven't tried yoga, and now that I've seen this commercial, with a cat that even looks like my Ruby, I'm wondering if I'll run into the same problem as the girl in the commercial.
Yep, it happens! One of their favourite tricks is to wait until I'm in a headstand and then come and stand in front of me with their butt in my face.

:cringe:

I walked for an hour yesterday, then did 30 minutes deep stretch yoga. I wanted to walk further but my toe is hurting again. It wasn't happy about being shoved into my riding boots on Friday. I think the cold numbed it while we were riding, but once I got back into the warm car again.....ouch!

Busy at work today, but hoping I'll have time for some yoga later.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yep, it happens! One of their favourite tricks is to wait until I'm in a headstand and then come and stand in front of me with their butt in my face.
Sounds ... lovely. :lol:

my toe is hurting again.
Oh no. Take it easy. Hope it feels better again soon. :crossfingers:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got 3 miles on the elliptical yesterday and about 30 minutes lifting. I'm not really seeing weight change; but my calves are more defined and some of my rings are feeling loose. We did eat out twice this weekend but I didn't go crazy or anything. Although we did get dessert on Saturday. DH and I celebrated Valentine's Day early while our kids had a weekend at their Grandparents and then we went out as a family. Go away fat. :hmmm:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The choices for my usual every other day gym visit was to go yesterday, during an ice storm, or today, during a snow storm. I went with the snow storm and slid my way to the gym. Skipped weights and did my two miles in the elliptical and crept home in the snow.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I hope your toe feels better soon!
Thank you! I'm a bit worried that it's going to get infected, so I've been soaking it in hot salty water and putting antiseptic cream on every night. I am not going to spend another two hours in A&E waiting for antibiotics!

Skipped weights and did my two miles in the elliptical and crept home in the snow.
Wow, you get full marks for determination.

I did a 90 minute walk and 45 minutes yoga yesterday. Today it's too cold and gloomy to go out, but two of my favourite yoga teachers uploaded new videos on YouTube. I've done one 45 minute sessions already, going to do another hour later.

And this is why I limit the number of YouTube channels I subscribe to. If all the teachers upload new videos on the same day I feel compelled to do them all.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Another big snowstorm yesterday so this morning I had to dress for minus 9 temps and snow blow the drive before sliding and creeping with the car to the gym which is about four miles away. Got there, good workout that felt wonderful and got back without hitting anything. It’s a good day. I like snow but hoping it takes at least a few days off.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tuesday - I had a heckuva headache and didn't get all of my walking finished on Tuesday night
16,365 steps for the day = 8.53 miles
24 floors
88 active minutes

Wednesday -
20,010 steps for the day = 10.43 miles
31 floors
121 active minutes

Thursday -
20,807 steps for the day = 10.84 miles
30 floors
142 active minutes

Good job, people! Norachan Norachan I hope that blasted toe heals up!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks Winchester Winchester It's feeling a lot better now.

I got both of my yoga videos done on Friday, so that was about 1 hour 45 minutes in total.

Saturday and Sunday were busy, but I did about 40 minutes yoga after work, both days.

Yesterday I walked for about 2 hours. I was going to do dome yoga after that, but I was too tired for anything other than a bit of stretching.

Today I did about 45 minutes of yoga and a 90 minute walk.

How's everyone else doing this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.