The 2019 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had some gorgeous weather last week so mostly I did outside stuff with my family. We did a few hikes and things like that. It felt good to stretch my legs outdoors. And hiking was definitely easier on me than it has been in the past. We did a good 3 1/2 mile hike one day on a mountain and I wasn't even sore the next day. :woo: I did fall asleep in the car on the way home though. :lol:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That sounds like fun MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles It's nice that your weather is warm enough for outdoor stuff now.

Sunday I walked for an hour and did 45 minutes yoga.
Monday was 90 minutes of yoga.

Today I only have to work for a few hours in the evening so started with 45 minutes yoga, walked for 2 hours, then did another 45 minutes of deep stretch yoga after that.

That may have been too much, I'm pretty tired now.

:sleep2:

How's everyone else doing this week?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finally got that last room painted. It's my office, actually, so now I get to enjoy it when I'm on TCS. :compsurfing:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Naps are good MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles My cats take them all the time.

You must be glad you've got all your painting done rubysmama rubysmama What colour is your office now?

I did 45 minutes of yoga, a one hour walk and one hour cleaning up the deck, getting it ready for repainting yesterday.

Today we went horse riding. It was a bit wet and windy, but today was the only chance to ride this month, so we went anyway. I rode a beautiful albino horse called Tsubasa.

It was quite an eventful ride. A tree was down across the trail so we had to make a detour in to the woods to get around it. The wind stirred the horses up and they kept spooking and trying to bolt from things that weren't even there. But we all stayed on and had a couple of nice long canters.

90 minutes of horse riding and 45 minutes of yoga after that.

Tsubasa's beautiful blue eye.

Horses95.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yesterday I started with 30 minutes yoga. Then I finished cleaning the deck, painted it with a fresh coat of wood preserver, took the deck table and chairs out of the shed, painted them and raked up the last of the dead leaves in the enclosure.

My tulips are starting to come up. It will soon be time to plant spring flowers.

:hyper:

Woke up this morning and it was snowing!

:gaah::frustrated::censored:

Working from 10 to 7 today, but I'll hopefully have time for yoga after that.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You must be glad you've got all your painting done rubysmama rubysmama What colour is your office now?
Yes, very happy to have finished that room. However, I now want to start painting in the basement. So not quite done.

Oh, the office is painted a neutral (Dulux Antique White), which is the same colour I used throughout the entire house. So kinda boring, I guess. But I also painted all the doors, trim, and basements white (they were a dark wood stain) so even with the boring wall colour everything now looks fresh and bright.

Exercise-wise, not doing much. Snow's pretty much all gone now, but it's been raining, so no outside walking. Maybe this upcoming week.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I missed my workout on Friday. DH woke me up early on Friday morning saying the water coming from the kitchen tap was reading 170*F!! (76*C) He nearly burnt his thumb! He ended up calling out of work and spending Friday and Saturday fixing the water heater. So no hot water meant no ability to shower so no workout. Plus I was helping DH. I was about to head to my mother's for showers when he finished and we got it all hot enough to bathe. It felt amazing. :cloud9:

I will be back at it today. It's also nice enough out to be doing some spring yard work. I need to get some things raked out at least. :hyper:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Home repairs burn up a lot of calories MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Hot baths are great for reducing stress too.

I did 45 minutes of yoga on Saturday. 90 minutes walk and 1 hour of yoga on Sunday. 90 minutes of yoga and about 30 minutes yard-work yesterday.

Today I spent about three hours raking the garden, rebuilding part of a garden wall that looked a bit rickety and digging fertilizer into the flower beds. It's still to early to plant flowers, but I can add fertilizer in anticipation.

1 hour of yoga after that.

Winchester Winchester @foxxycat how are you getting on?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How's everyone getting on this week?

I've been doing lots of walking and yoga, as well as a few fence repairs. I'm feeling like I need something to boost my energy though, maybe it won't seem so tough when the warmer weather gets here.

I started with 40 minutes of Vinyassa yoga today, then walked for an hour and finished with 30 minutes of deep stretching.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How's everyone getting on this week?
Nothing much to post about. A couple short outside walks. But though it's warmer, there's been a bone chilling dampness in the air, which still isn't making it fun to be outside. But on the bright side, at least the snow's all gone. ;)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm here! I walked a bit every day last week, just got lazy about logging it in.

Sunday:
20,945 steps = 10.92 miles
11 floors
145 active minutes

Monday:
20,127 steps = 10.49 miles
31 floors
117 active minutes

Tuesday:
20,237 steps = 10.55 miles
32 floors
137 active minutes

Wednesday:
21,043 steps = 10.97 miles
37 floors
121 active minutes

Thursday:
21,241 steps = 11.07 miles
36 floors
144 active minutes

Friday:
20,213 steps = 10.53 miles
31 floors
149 active minutes

Saturday: (my lazy day bc I was busy cleaning)
13,036 steps = 6.79 miles
10 floors
85 active minutes

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I don't normally walk much on the weekends, but am trying to do better about getting steps.

Sunday -
21,125 steps for the day = 11.01 miles
15 floors
135 active minutes

Monday -
20,107 steps for the day = 10.48 miles
33 floors
111 active minutes

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good job rubysmama rubysmama and Winchester Winchester

:rock:

I did an hour of yoga on Monday, then decided to go for a long walk. It was a bit chilly out, but I thought if I wore enough clothes I'd be OK. While I was out it started snowing! By that time I was far enough away from home that it was easier to carry on than turn around and go back. I looked like the abominable snowman by the time I got home.

:cool2: :wink:

Just two 45 minute yoga sessions yesterday and today.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I walked yesterday for the first time in about 6 weeks. Although I use a walker I still got good exercise and the sun was out....a bit chilly but I was dressed for it. It felt good to be out and about.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I looked like the abominable snowman by the time I got home.
:flail:

I spent a couple hours raking the yard yesterday. It was slow going, as lots of little twigs fell over the winter, plus I was trying to loosen up all the yellow, matted grass. Will have to go out another day to finish. It was a good workout though, and I hit over 15,000 steps on my Fitbit by the end of the day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan I went out one day during my lunch break. It was sleeting. When I came back into work, I was a solid white mass of ice. But it felt so good when I was out walking that I didn't care. I was wearing my Yak Trax, so didn't slip or slide. It was a good walk, and quiet with just the sleet falling.

rubysmama rubysmama Kudos on the 15,000 steps! When you're outside, it doesn't take long for the steps to add up! And you don't even realize it.

Mia6 Mia6 Good job on the walk!

Tuesday -
20,385 steps for the day = 10.63 miles
33 floors
137 active minutes

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was a solid white mass of ice.
:lol:

When you're outside, it doesn't take long for the steps to add up! And you don't even realize it.
I know. My Fitbit starts "dancing" when it hits 10,000, and I couldn't believe it when I felt it after it seemed like not that much time at all.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I bought an under-desk exercise bike, so I'm actually exercising as I write this.. it's really excellent. :thumbsup:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Our snow didn't last long. It was a gorgeous day on Thursday so I decided to go for my first longish bike ride of the year. I went down to Kawaguchi Lake and rode around the park. No cherry blossom out yet, but there were loads of wild birds on the water.

1 hour bike ride and 45 minutes yoga.

Today I spend most of the day cat herding (Long story involving a midnight raid by a Tanuki, a hole under the fence and a bunch of escaped cats) About 2 hours walk altogether and 45 minutes yoga when I got home.

Status
Not open for further replies.