The 2019 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan I looked up pictures of a Tanuki; they're really neat! I didn't read much about them; are they dangerous? Will they kill the cats, if they can? I'm glad you got your kids back where they belong.

Wednesday -
21,690 steps for the day = 11.3 miles
40 floors
128 active minutes

Thursday -
22,237 steps for the day = 11.58 miles
40 floors
150 active minutes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I bought an under-desk exercise bike, so I'm actually exercising as I write this.. it's really excellent. :thumbsup:
That sounds really cool. Can you post a pic of it? Or a link?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I looked up pictures of a Tanuki; they're really neat! I didn't read much about them; are they dangerous? Will they kill the cats, if they can? I'm glad you got your kids back where they belong.
No, they're not dangerous. They hunt small animals like mice or frogs, but they wouldn't tackle a full grown cat.

I'm still two cats down, so I'll have to go out and look for them later. Where would my exercise regime be without 14 hours of cat searching a week in it at least once a year?

:lol:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
No sign of my missing kitties. I walked around for two hours yesterday and couldn't find them.

40 minutes yoga after that.

Going out for another long walk now.

:crossfingers::crossfingers:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Still no cats!

I walked for 90 minutes this morning, then another hour just as the sun was going down. About 30 minutes yoga to stretch everything out after that.

On a positive note, all this extra walking seems to be loosening my battered toe nail. Maybe it's going to finally drop off soon.

:thumbsup:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
No cats! It's been three days now.

It rained heavily last night, which I was hoping might have flushed them out. Ah well, I guess there is plenty of water around for them to drink now.

45 minutes yoga, 2 hour walk and then another 30 minutes yoga.

Come on Mia and Twinkle, come home! My garden needs a lot of attention but I can't do anything until I know they are safe.

:please:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks rubysmama rubysmama

Mia came home late last night. I heard something scratching the screen outside my window and a voice calling,

"MiaaaAAAAAAaaaa! MiaaaaAAAAAaaaa!"

I guess she started to climb back over the fence, then decided it would be better to climb on to the roof and wake me up.

:cloud9:

Just got to find Twinkle now.

45 minutes yoga so far today. Going out for a walk now.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Tuesday I did 45 minutes yoga, walked for two hours then did another 45 minutes of deep stretching.

Yesterday I woke up to snow! Come on April, what are you like!?

I couldn't walk at all, so I stayed home and did 90 minutes of yoga. I worked on arm balances and inversions. I think my legs were grateful for the break, whichever direction I walk in there are a lot of very steep hills to go up and down.

There's still a lot of snow around, but I'm going to go for another walk this afternoon. It's been 6 days now, I'm getting really worried about Twinkle.

:confused2:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wonderful new about Twinkle. :clap2: But, barefoot in the snow! :cold: Or was that a joke. :)

So, I went for 2 walks this week. Both were only 15 minute-ish. But better than nothing. :walk:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah, that was a joke.
Oh, good. I was beginning to wonder if Japanese snow was warmer than Canadian snow. :D

Whenever we used to complain about anything when we were kids my dad used to ask "Was it uphill both ways and you were barefoot?"
Oh, right, the old "when I was a kid ... " :lol:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I walked for 90 minutes and did 45 minutes yoga yesterday.

I kind of feel like walking again today, but it's a wet, slushy mess outside and I have a stack of student reports to write. Maybe I'll just do some yoga today.

How's everyone else doing? I feel a bit like a hamster in a wheel recently, scampering along all by myself, no one to talk to..........

;)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Spring is trying to arrive here, but now that the snow is gone (again) it's time for those April showers. You know the ones that bring the May flowers. :daisy:

So again, won't be good outdoor walking weather. Hopefully we'll get a few nice weeks before the summer humidity arrives. :sigh:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had some just ok weeks. I've gotten 3/4 days most weeks but last week I think I was just worn out. I napped 2-3 times on Thursday and spent Friday my the side of a pond with my feet up and a book. My only exercise was helping move kayaks and fishing gear around. And my camp chair. And I was still tired. I napped Saturday and Sunday and I finally feel good again.

So back at it. Except right now I'm impressing my kids by blowing bubbles with my gum. DS wanted to learn but he swallowed his piece. :rolleyes:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Spring is trying to arrive here, but now that the snow is gone (again) it's time for those April showers
Our snows all gone now too. The tulips and daffs are starting to appear.

:bunnydance:
Except right now I'm impressing my kids by blowing bubbles with my gum
Good for the jaw muscles, helps prevent a double chin,

:thumbsup:

I walked for 90 minutes on Sunday, 45 minutes yoga and a 90 minute walk on Monday, an hour of yoga and an hour walk Tuesday.

I'm trying to take it easy today as I've got horse riding and another long walk planned for this week. Just an hour of deep stretch, gentle yoga today.

Some good but slightly :fear:news...

All that extra walking around looking for my lost cat last week finally dislodged my toe nail. Now just got to wait for a new one to grow back.

:noob:

Status
Not open for further replies.