Thank you for the welcome!

LaburnumRose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for the welcome. This looks like a great forum. My husband and I are Brits currently living in France. We have always had cats until we moved here from the UK in 2009. Since then we have found ourselves looking after the odd feral cat but two months ago we adopted a cat from an amazing local cat rescue and we are still getting to know each other. He's the first cat we've had that has not started out with us as a kitten. He was abandoned when his first owner moved house and the new owners of the house kept him out, so he was left to fend for himself for a few months until he was found and taken to the cat rescue. He's jet black, between three and four years old, and his name is Mr Darcy (the name chosen by the shelter so we decided to keep it). It's lovely having a pet cat again.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for the welcome. This looks like a great forum. My husband and I are Brits currently living in France. We have always had cats until we moved here from the UK in 2009. Since then we have found ourselves looking after the odd feral cat but two months ago we adopted a cat from an amazing local cat rescue and we are still getting to know each other. He's the first cat we've had that has not started out with us as a kitten. He was abandoned when his first owner moved house and the new owners of the house kept him out, so he was left to fend for himself for a few months until he was found and taken to the cat rescue. He's jet black, between three and four years old, and his name is Mr Darcy (the name chosen by the shelter so we decided to keep it). It's lovely having a pet cat again.
L LaburnumRose hi there ! how are you doing ?

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hithere: I'm a fan of black cat's so thank you for giving Mr Darcy his forever home. I'm loving the name I definitely would of kept it too. Don't forget to post some pictures when you can we love pictures. And there's a tread on here Black Cats Only where you can post pictures and see all the other house panters. :purr:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
8355CB97-B5ED-4535-8896-7ECD40EF9A90.gif
LaburnumRose, hubby and Darcy, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
a184af792ff7ba2858353dcc03a5d103.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Darcy from the local cat rescue and for giving him a warm and fur-ever loving home :clapcat:

Do post photos of Darcy for us to see! :camera: :camera: :camera: and yes, as what Tik cat's mum Tik cat's mum mentioned, we have a special thread here for Darcy in black-cats-only.268663 and many fun thread here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

LaburnumRose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:hithere: I'm a fan of black cat's so thank you for giving Mr Darcy his forever home. I'm loving the name I definitely would of kept it too. Don't forget to post some pictures when you can we love pictures. And there's a tread on here Black Cats Only where you can post pictures and see all the other house panters. :purr:
I've got some photos so will post them soon. He's the first all-black cat we've had. We thought about changing the name but it suits him! He's sort of dark and smouldering in that Colin Firth way! I shall look for the Black Cat thread, thanks.

LaburnumRose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A BIG welcome to you and to Mr. Darcy! Is he bilingual?
Thanks for your reply. He must be bilingual by now because his first owners were French, but the cat rescue we adopted him from is run by an English couple, and we speak a mixture of both!

LaburnumRose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View attachment 418740 LaburnumRose, hubby and Darcy, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm View attachment 418739 to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Darcy from the local cat rescue and for giving him a warm and fur-ever loving home :clapcat:

Do post photos ofDarcy for us to see! :camera: :camera: :camera: and yes, as what Tik cat's mum Tik cat's mum mentioned, we have a special thread here for Darcy in black-cats-only.268663 and many fun thread here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:
Thank you so much for the lovely welcome!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to the site :welcomesign:
Looking forward to seeing pictures of Mr Darcy.
I’m imagining him as a very handsome mini black panther