Tera + 2 - 4

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
What stunning photos! And I love the peek-a-boo kittehs!

Living in essentially a desert climate, you kinda expect stuff like that (extremes in temps). This is coastal NC...we're more used to gently changing things. Not this year.
It's stinking cold today. Just walked through the house putting the windows down. The kits are beside themselves over it.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
So this evening or tomorrow morning the cage is coming down. Frog and Toad haven't slept in it for the last week and I don't think they're going to go back to it willingly. The babies are 8 months old at the end of this month. I'll probably put the rug , the bed, litter box and food bowls in place for a few days. I decided long ago to trust my gut when it was time to stop caging them at night. The gut has spoken.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
It's done. Frog helped and Toad sat on the floor after and made pitiful noises. But the cage is stored in an easy to reach place if we ever need it. My wudgies grew up on me.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dear Lord, they are gorgeous cats now! Has it really been EIGHT MONTHS??? And Tera is in her forever home, and the world is good! And yes...your gut is quite reliable.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Lord, they are gorgeous cats now! Has it really been EIGHT MONTHS??? And Tera is in her forever home, and the world is good! And yes...your gut is quite reliable.
They're used to being loose at night and while it still sounds like a demolition zone at night it's not destructive. Our biggest fear was Mook losing it on one of the babies but we've observed how she disciplines them and while harsher than Mercy's growl growl growl it's not even close to over the top. We still have the huge crate in the LR if we need it.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Then you're covered. I would expect Mook to be more...firm...than Mercy, but if there's no blood and no fur flying, there's no problem! I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mercy availed herself to an act of middening this morning. Right where the babies cage sat for all those months. She seems satisfied with her output. I cleaned it up nothing said. It's not our first incident with her. Though they are uncommon and always connected to change in the house.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOVELY shot of a game of Catch-Tail! Those kits are absurdly photogenic. Well...all four of them are, and I'd give my eyeteeth (if I had them) for a fraction of your talent with a camera!

Mercy is a sensitive little girl, and I'm not overly shocked that she reacted to the cage being removed. After all, it was a HUGE part of her daily routine for several months! Bless her giving, loving little heart!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
LOVELY shot of a game of Catch-Tail! Those kits are absurdly photogenic. Well...all four of them are, and I'd give my eyeteeth (if I had them) for a fraction of your talent with a camera!

Mercy is a sensitive little girl, and I'm not overly shocked that she reacted to the cage being removed. After all, it was a HUGE part of her daily routine for several months! Bless her giving, loving little heart![/QUOTE
I've found that just like equine behavior knowing the quirks of cat behavior is necessary. Biologically the retain so much of the wild in them.

Heard from the kitchen this morning- Toad what are you doing on the refrigerator here let me put you on the counter where you belong.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah...don't blame her. Margaret got 12" of the stuff yesterday! And it was 86 degrees here. Thought H. and I were gonna MELT!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah...don't blame her. Margaret got 12" of the stuff yesterday! And it was 86 degrees here. Thought H. and I were gonna MELT!
It's all melted now. Ground was way to warm to hold the snow. It was really cold last night.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
H. Renee and I really need to get to a cooler climate! I'd LOVE to see her first introduction to REAL snow! Camera at the ready, of course! Not that I'm as good as you are at it, but I do get the occasional good shot before she realizes that the camera is out. LOL...I show her pics of your guys, and say, "See? SEE? See how good they are?" She is supremely disdainful of the process, although she actually enjoys sniffing the cats and kits.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
The secret to a good picture is usually about 20/1. By the time you have the shot you want and pull the shutter the moment has passed. The kits are often one and done.
It's like a landscape shot. You see the picture but you may wait all day for that perfect lighting. I know a few professionals that now pull most of their shots out of HD video. When Joyce Fay shot a portrait of Nikki she took over 120 shots for us to pick THE ONE. And then that shot went into an actual dark room at the time and was cleaned up.