Tera + 2 - 4

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know, right? There is a very good reason that most "art" photography is in black and white.

We're starting to batten hatches here, although we won't know if Irma is actually going to threaten us for another few days. Cross fingers for me, please.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, right? There is a very good reason that most "art" photography is in black and white.

We're starting to batten hatches here, although we won't know if Irma is actually going to threaten us for another few days. Cross fingers for me, please.
Make sure you have a copy of Hekitty's papers this time.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do! It looks, right now, as if it will pass to the west of us. We'll get some heavy wind and rain, but NOTHING like a direct hit!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I do! It looks, right now, as if it will pass to the west of us. We'll get some heavy wind and rain, but NOTHING like a direct hit!
You can't control the storm only your ability to prepare for it. I never want there to be an issue again with you evacing with Hekitty.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nope. Her papers are sealed in a zip lock bag and dropped in her folder in my file cabinet where I can lay my paws on them at a moment's notice.

Well, that's where they live. Just now, they are in her "go bag," along with disposable litter trays, food, treats, dishes, water bottles, leash, harness, a couple of catnip mice and a blankie. The banana will be added at the last minute.

My own bag is far smaller and doesn't have NEARLY as much in it.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I posted this by accident on another thread on crossing the bridge but meant it for here. It is a brutal honest reflection nearly 2 years after Kitten was murdered by an incompetent veterinarian. Nice wording doesn't work and doesn't heal. You have to grab the beast by the throat and shake it. Our pets get old , they get sick and it's not fair. And if you love them you separate yourself from what you want and what they need. -

Going on two years there is a hole in our home that will never be filled. Loss is inevitable. Sometimes is expected as we see our pets age and sometimes it's just unfair to the cat and to us. The only way to truly affirm their lives and they place they had in our hearts is to offer the same to another cat in need of a home if possible. There are three lives, four if you count Tera that are loved and in a home now because we lost Kitten. Not one of them is here to replace HER. She is as loved as missed and cried over as ever but we also love the new babies in our lives. Our pets will almost always pass before us leaving us with that home that has no heartbeat. You can choose to live in a void with your grief or share the love that's going to waste. This is something no one told me about grieving a lost cat. Their death is more than just a loss it's coming home to that house that has an echo it feels so empty. It touches every aspect of your life. You literally don't know what to do with yourself. Mercy came home less than a week after Kitten's death. Almost by fluke but we bonded on the spot. Again this isn't replacing but sharing because along with all that grief and angst is all the love you gave another bottled up. Love is the healing emotion it's OK to hug a new cat and cry for the one lost at the same time.