Tera + 2 - 4

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
How old was Kitten? Thank you for warning us about Enrofloxacin. What dosage was the overdose? I can't remember the name of the antibiotic that Demi got, it was a liquid that I mixed in his food, it came with a little syringe to measure it, I think it was only 1ml or something like that. It worked really well.
Kitten was 11 when she was overdosed. The so called vet ignored not only the dose , peer reviewed papers and research but common warnings about senior cats and the almost natural loss of some kidney function as we all age, she noted she was dehydrated another reason to limit or better still not use this drug as it allows it to concentrate in the retina an adverse event specific to house cats. We do not know the amount injected the vet was never able to verify the dose to us or the VCA hospital. No vet should ever inject enrofloxacin into a cat, vein or muscle. The oral dose was over twice the safe upper limit. Which considering her age and the dehydration even the upper dose considered safe wasn't. Unless there is a specific reason using enrofloxacin in cats is described more than once as using a shotgun to kill a mosquito. While it will almost always cure an infection you may not see the damage right away. You can look up Floxie pets and Floxie Humans on FB. This vet discovered it cured most everything like old fashioned snake oil hawked by seedy medicine shows 100 years ago. It made her look good. I had the feeling I was the pet guardian that didn't back down to her pressure that these things happen. I made it clear to her and the SVB I was going to shake this stick forever. Enrofloxacin SAVES cats but it must be used for specific infections and conditions and every cat owner deserves to have it given with informed consent. She never even told us what she was giving just came back in the exam room and jabbed Kitten in the back leg with what we now know was her death sentence. Given the right conditions even a normal oral dose could produce these results.
This is not about getting sympathy. I never want anyone else to go through this or use this antibiotic without questioning it's necessity with their vet. Kitten lost her life. I planned my suicide. You can't imagine the guilt I carry for taking her there. Still do but with a much healthier understanding of who was at fault and who the victims were and are. All pets reach an age where we know we are borrowing time. I knew we would lose her someday. No one should have their grief compounded by an ignorant vet with a bottle of what amounted to a bottle of death using it like candy to cover her incompetence to diagnose
pets.
And this has everything to do with Froggy and Toadlet and Mook and Mercy because I will never blindly trust any veterinarian again. If your current veterinarian doesn't explain a treatment so you can understand or resents you asking questions you might need to reconsider them as someone you want treating your pets. If you have to ask for the safer vaccines and protocols you might want to find a better vet.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
How is Mercy doing? Any photos of her today?
I'll get some of the lovely lady later. She's in her favorite sleepy hidey spot. There are some times that we do not disturb them. Just like little kids then need their undisturbed daytime sleep. Otherwise it's hard to make crashing and banging all night while I sleep.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
:hugs: You and Mook and Mercy and Toad and Frog AND KITTEN are in my heart daily. I hope you know that.
I share what's in my brain so anyone else feeling that way hopefully understands that these intense feelings are normal and ask for help. There is NO shame in having those thoughts. Not everyone is blessed with family that understands the love we have for our cats.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have two layers of screens on your windows? We tried doing that today, putting another screen in front of the old screens because the cats were putting holes in them. It's hard to explain, but the two screens together made a weird swirly, squiggly effect. When I look through them it makes me feel dizzy. Maybe we bought the wrong kind? The ones in your photos, I can see through those fine.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Most of my screens have been replaced by pet safe tear proof screen. We added the layer of hardware mesh in a frame outside as extra insurance so the cats can truly enjoy the close to nature feel around our home with no danger. They have actually hit the screen flying going after birds only to safely bounce back and look miffed. We also occasionally have coyotes encroach in the yard. We choose a dark or black screen as opposed to the shiny aluminum wire type. If I take the picture wrong I get those swirls in the photo but I never see them in person.
Two layers of just screen together might make that effect. Look in the hardware store or someplace like home depot for the pet safe screen. Because the new frames for the window screen were reasonable in price after putting the screen in with the spline I added a several thin layers of liquid nail to cement the spline in. the hardware cloth screens are separate. We done this over 10 years ago on some windows and they are just now starting to need the pet safe screen and frame replaced. The added bonus is the bird feeders we hand on the outside wire the little birds hang on it and the cats are pleased to no end.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, thanks. I knew I should have asked you first before we bought these. It gives me a headache just looking through it.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, thanks. I knew I should have asked you first before we bought these. It gives me a headache just looking through it.
There was a lot of trial and error fixing what works for us. Pet safe screen is worthless if the cats can push it out of the frames. We wanted them to be able to enjoy without constant supervision. We inspect everything on a regular basis when we fill the suet/bird feeders.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
~grumbles to self~ I can just hear the site manager at the apartment complex if I even THOUGHT about going with pet-safe screening. She'd have kittens, herself. It's one of the things I detest about apartment living, although it has its advantages.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
~grumbles to self~ I can just hear the site manager at the apartment complex if I even THOUGHT about going with pet-safe screening. She'd have kittens, herself. It's one of the things I detest about apartment living, although it has its advantages.
Of course the joke is pet safe screens last longer and all are high UV. You have to work at it to destroy this stuff.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
One year ago babies came into my life. And Tera who I had been caring for and trying to find a foster situation won and ended up in our home with them. Tera has a new home and I hope she is as cherished as Froggy and Toadlet. Frog who is much too round and you can roll her around and just can't wait to be petted and Toad my indy put me down let me go I wanna see what you're doing cat. I will so try and get some pictures later. Life has been very busy the last month.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Happy rescue day to the meatballs and Tera! I wish we could get an update from her new home!
It's really hard today. We truly loved her. WMR has an excellent track record and takes back any failed adoptions. Thanks for thinking of her.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
While I understand and respect Tera's new family's desire for privacy, I, too, wish we knew how she is doing. That said, as you mentioned, WMR is so very diligent about finding the right home for the right cat. I shall take comfort from that, and from seeing how loved her babies are!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
While I understand and respect Tera's new family's desire for privacy, I, too, wish we knew how she is doing. That said, as you mentioned, WMR is so very diligent about finding the right home for the right cat. I shall take comfort from that, and from seeing how loved her babies are!
I cried a bit for her today in a selfish kind of way. Tera deserved a home all her own with her own person. We were blessed that we could giver nearly 4 weeks to be the devoted mama she was. That nature was imprinted on Frog and Toad. We gave her love and taught her to trust and then WMR was able to expand on that. She was such a wonderful cat to visit, so relaxed and open.