Tera + 2 - 4

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Especially love that last one! I remember when there was some concern about Mook ever totally accepting these interlopers into her domain.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to believe that in a few short days my babies will be a year old. I can't remember they growing up but I can't remember they being so tiny I could hold both across the palm of my hand.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GOOD GRIEF! Has it been almost a year already? Yeah, I guess it has, looking back on this thread. Time goes so fast these days.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
May I copy that last one off of FB and play with it in photoshop? It really is stunning.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, I won't publish unless I get something stunning, and would email it to you first, of course. I just like to play with photographs.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I won't publish unless I get something stunning, and would email it to you first, of course. I just like to play with photographs.
That's OK. We couldn't see anything here but Mook decided to be her own type of eclipse. I just thought it was funny. We decided that Frog and Toad are asteroids and Mercy has to be a comet with that tail.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SUCH heavenly little bodies they are! It got very dim here. Not total, but close. I didn't bother to go outside, I watched it from right here. It was eerily beautiful.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Life has been busy the past few weeks. Frog and Toad are almost a year old. It was also a little over two years ago that I joined The Cat Site after realizing what my BAD VETERINARIAN had done to our Kitten. We had no idea of the fatal consequence to follow. To be honest I don't think the wonderful vets at the VCA ER had a clue. Enrofloxacin can blind a cat but the kind of overdose given to kitten is so rare because of dose restrictions and real veterinarians would never inject a cat with this antibiotic there isn't that much to look at in long term damage. Only when looking at the plethora of research on human victims of fluoroquinolones does what happened to our Kitten become clear. We are forever devastated by her loss and by her loss of the life she loved so much. The clinic and vet that caused all of this over a URI is gone, closed. I was contacted by someone out of the blue from her past that enlightened us on her personal problems that we suspected but never addressed to the court or the SVB. It's been brought to our attention from different sources by three different people now. I tend to believe she was not only incompetent but unfit that day to even be touching an animal. If we were up to a fight I'd start a new case against all of her employees for enabling her. Mostly I hope they are all ashamed of their lack of action because the number of animals killed or injured by this vet continues to grow as people come forward.
I'm going to issue a warning to all cat owners. If you pet is sick make sure you take them to a full service clinic. You can use smaller clinics for follow up. A vet would have given us the eye ointment and oral antibiotics of the cillin kind and sent us home and almost without a doubt in my mind Kitten would be sitting in her window a few years older but with full vision harassing the morning birds at the feeder.
It's a hard image to think of because but for all this Mercy, Frog and Toad and of course Tera would not be such a part of our lives. And they all ride on Kitten's back. She was my first little foundling and my baby my little girl my little heartbeat that made me love cats. Without her none of this would be.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old was Kitten? Thank you for warning us about Enrofloxacin. What dosage was the overdose? I can't remember the name of the antibiotic that Demi got, it was a liquid that I mixed in his food, it came with a little syringe to measure it, I think it was only 1ml or something like that. It worked really well.