Stray Cat Went Missing?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Some have to start young and some don’t like strange stuffs going through their fur and some may have bad experiences while being groomed.

Some allowed to be groomed while being carried or while at rest. Maybe you can try slowly as some fur may be matted and if the brush catches on the matted part, it may hurt the cat and therefore they don’t like being groomed.

I don’t own a long hair cat so I can’t tell you how to groom them. My boy is a short hair cat and he’s used to be brushed every day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some have to start young and some don’t like strange stuffs going through their fur and some may have bad experiences while being groomed.

Some allowed to be groomed while being carried or while at rest. Maybe you can try slowly as some fur may be matted and if the brush catches on the matted part, it may hurt the cat and therefore they don’t like being groomed.

I don’t own a long hair cat so I can’t tell you how to groom them. My boy is a short hair cat and he’s used to be brushed every day.
Ah thanks, Echo has been getting much better now. The owner never brushed him i guess. I assume he likes to be brushed when I hold him. What we have been doing is brushing slowly. He is fine and he doesn't yell that much.

--

Now. I'll explain a new cat that came.
First, we found this cat at the abandoned cats place.
We found a Siberian.
We think that the person who abandoned the ragdoll also abandoned this Siberian. There was a cat lover there and she was the owner's neighbor, and would see the owner taking them out to the vet. But the owner abandoned them after they were neutered. and moved out after wards.

She actually told us why she fed him, she said she wanted to keep him but she had no time, so she told us that he would be happier if we took care of him.
So we kept him. Shrimp is now will be with my family, because my family said they didn't have parties anymore. So I will be visiting him every 1 month or so.

Maverick is a Sliver/Grey and White Siberian.
Maverick was regularly brushed, cat lover told us.
(but not the ragdoll, due to the owner not having brushes, the cat lover didnt state why she couldn't brush the ragdoll, but it could be because the ragdoll's fur was matted and she didn't wanted to hurt the ragdoll)
Now in our apartment there's, Ms Pretty,Echo and Maverick.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sunday Update!

all the cats are so precious and they have been growin up and love this new place. they hateeeee bathing (the only one that liked it are Maverick and Ms Pretty) Echo is so fussy over things we call him the king of lands and he treats us as his little servants. (which is true) But we love him.

-- WARNING, THIS IS A SAD STORY, IF YOU'RE PRONE TO SAD STORIES,PLEASE DO NOT READ, THANK YOU :) --

Just something really sad happened recently to one of the strays me and our group helped for atleast 6+ months, way before i found this site. We knew the basics of caring, but we had no time and our helps were worthless. But after we found this site, we did better and better. just that the cat couldn't get healthier. He apparently to neighbors around was nicknamed Youth, because he was there for 3 years. (way back did i know how to care cats so i always ran away from him) But he had diseases that made it to almost its last stages.

(after 4 years and me knowing what to do with cats just that idk how to cure diseases)
We didn't know what to do and as you probably know, it was hard to get them to healthy, even if its at their last stages. All we could do was watch him slowly.. as he lost each year, of love and warmness. We did give him food and water, but he rarely drank nor ate any. He felt like he was gonna meet his end.. He just stayed there. with tears, not in his eyes, but in his heart. his heart mustve been so sad and destroyed by the people who did all those stuff to him. all the people that was there, did not care. We knew from our old friend who stayed there. She told us about how the people there treat him wrong and they were doing violent things to him and his cat friends. They would shoo him away, dump trash on his fur, kick him. It was tragic. He died at the age of 6.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so sad about Youth. It's hard to know what he died of. It could have been some parasite like worms, or maybe he wasn't vaccinated and caught one of those diseases like Distemper. Or maybe he had an internal injury from being kicked. Thank you for trying to help him though. I'm glad the other cats are doing well. I have a long-haired cat and she hates to be brushed too. I have to use a grooming mitt, where you put your hand in it like a mitten and brush them.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you for having a heart in rescuing them and getting more involved in giving the kitties a better lease of life :clap:

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, there are many cat haters around and they just abuse them. It’s good that you are there for them.

I’m saddened by the passing of Youth and his life does not deserved what he has gotten from the people around him
60EE7CF5-98F8-45AF-A124-8922897F1BB1.gif

I do hope that none of the other cats will fall into the hands of such cruel heartless people.

Thank you again and keep up the good work! :rock:

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's so sad about Youth. It's hard to know what he died of. It could have been some parasite like worms, or maybe he wasn't vaccinated and caught one of those diseases like Distemper. Or maybe he had an internal injury from being kicked. Thank you for trying to help him though. I'm glad the other cats are doing well. I have a long-haired cat and she hates to be brushed too. I have to use a grooming mitt, where you put your hand in it like a mitten and brush them.
Ah thank you, I'll try to find one of those. But Echo still hates it, he doesn't like it and wants to climb up at the cat tower everytime he sees that dreaded brush.

And yes, by one of a cat lover nearby, she did tell us that he wasnt vaccinated nor checked for worms. He was also damaged by someone kicking him, near the skull. Saying those words made me felt heartbroken of how his death was.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for having a heart in rescuing them and getting more involved in giving the kitties a better lease of life :clap:

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, there are many cat haters around and they just abuse them. It’s good that you are there for them.

I’m saddened by the passing of Youth and his life does not deserved what he has gotten from the people around him View attachment 224226

I do hope that none of the other cats will fall into the hands of such cruel heartless people.

Thank you again and keep up the good work! :rock:
Luckily we have been rescuing 3 cats each month, and we've been doing our best by alot of people's support and donations.. We have helped 12 cats, from december to march! We are so glad for thecatsite and what all the cat lovers have done to improve us.

I am thankful for all your help :D

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Luckily we have been rescuing 3 cats each month, and we've been doing our best by alot of people's support and donations.. We have helped 12 cats, from december to march! We are so glad for thecatsite and what all the cat lovers have done to improve us.

I am thankful for all your help :D
One more thing I’ve to remind you which is very important. Just make sure the cats that are in the house does not make too much noise or soil the common area.

Once the neighbors complains the authorities will seize all the cats. It happened at our area. Someone had too many cats in their flat.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Whoops! I forgot to mention a new pale gray cat, she is female due to me checking her, shes friendly but also shy. She saw me and I saw her. I looked at her and checked her fur, and she was fine. She was meowing sharply. We knew she needed food. And I thought of this.. " she looked skinny like a singapura, but i think its probably due to her weight and stuff." But nope.

It was a literal Singapura! She was skinny and she stayed like that when we fed her. We wanted to check out on her, but when we arrive.. The vet said there was nothing wrong with her. She was grey, and beautiful and healthy just like one.

We also checked for microchips but there were none. Ah my cat brain were gone to bits! I can't wait to keep her and snuggle her furever! and she was neutered, phew, I would of not liked it if she wasn't neutered but the most things that kinda make me burst to cat tears was that, that 'Singapura' actually loves jumping on keyboards and computers, oh boy just hope that the computer doesn't have cat poop on it..

We named her Decix. (December + Ix) Why december? it's because i found out about singapuras in december and how much their charms risen if their in the snow! and ix is a thing I like to put in names like (e.g Ranix)

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
One more thing I’ve to remind you which is very important. Just make sure the cats that are in the house does not make too much noise or soil the common area.

Once the neighbors complains the authorities will seize all the cats. It happened at our area. Someone had too many cats in their flat.
Ah yes, those common things. We release strays atleast a week or so when they get better, like if they have no grooming, after that we will release them and give them to owners we are friends with or knows the basics to care about cats.

We always keep toys and other weird things after 8pm, because thats when alot of neighbors would sleep soon.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
And we don't let the cats out at all, we let them sleep, eat and play. But we feed them every morning, because I would be the first one awake and we locked the doors always. We have been putting litter boxes in atleast every room except the bed room, as that bedroom room is always locked.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of a Singapura cat before, I had to look it up. I like the name Decix, it has a cool sound to it. Thank you for helping all these cats.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of a Singapura cat before, I had to look it up. I like the name Decix, it has a cool sound to it. Thank you for helping all these cats.
Ah thank you! Ms Pretty found a new home :D her new owner loves her and told us she could handle her :D

Could I tell you this story where someone irresponsible and dumped a cat in a basket in outside the apartment of my door?!

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am going to anyway..
(this was before 5pm)

They apparently dumped 1 American Curl. We heard its first small meow outside our door. We opened the door and saw a Adult American Curl that was neutered, fur was not groomed, never ate and was skinny. She is a girl but she looked hurt. She had a wound near her leg. We knew it would get infected so so so quick so we quickly ran to the vet.

She got shots and stuff and the vet told us to watch on her until the wound is healing.
I am so scared now, what do I do now?

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I guess the people who left the cat there knew that you were taking in cats and looking after them and therefore dumped this cat at your doorstep.

Its kind of very irresponsible for these people to do that if they are the owners or it could be just someone else who found the cat in this state and left it at your doorstep knowing that you’ve been rescuing cats.

But look on the bright side, it’s better that the cat has seen the vet for the injury rather than left to suffer in the streets.

What is it that you are scared of? How to look after the cat with the injury? Or should you look after it? What is it?

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
I guess the people who left the cat there knew that you were taking in cats and looking after them and therefore dumped this cat at your doorstep.

Its kind of very irresponsible for these people to do that if they are the owners or it could be just someone else who found the cat in this state and left it at your doorstep knowing that you’ve been rescuing cats.

But look on the bright side, it’s better that the cat has seen the vet for the injury rather than left to suffer in the streets.

What is it that you are scared of? How to look after the cat with the injury? Or should you look after it? What is it?
I never handled cats with wounds and I want to know how to care for it, cause its meowing crazy so we put her in a little hut.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Did the vet instruct you on how to dress the wound? If not, give them a call and ask them how to best take care of the wound.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had never heard of an American Curl either, I had to look that one up too. Very interesting cats you have there. Did the vet give you any antibiotics or anything to put on the wound? I'm glad that Ms. Pretty got adopted. I'm not surprised, Calicos are beautiful.