Stray Cat Went Missing?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom @Norachan Sorry for not getting to you all sooner. I'll just put down the time and what happened:

2:02pm: I checked the park, no cat.. Papers of "Lets hear from our town council" saying about not feeding strays, taped onto the wall.....................
One note about this, just clean up after you have fed them. Dispose off the left overs and keep the place clean.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
One note about this, just clean up after you have fed them. Dispose off the left overs and keep the place clean.
Thanks for the advice. just one thing I haven't said yet, the tipped over container that shrimp tipped over is now not tipped. It wasn't like that when I saw the homeless man sleeping there and when he left. Town Council papers were not there either. Meaning the lady is probably responsible(?) And as I said, all the food I gave shrimp disappeared. And I saw him eating my food, so he should of ate it all.
Shrimp must've tipped the container because:
I met shrimp and when we came back after he ate those peanuts, the plastic container was tipped and he was laying in his cardboard box. Or maybe someone appeared at the scene, but mainly not possible because we checked on him near the playground.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Just check with you, is this lady that you are talking about friendly and sincere. Why I ask you this is some people don’t like you feeding their cats, even if the cats are strays as they think the cats belongs to them, in a way yes as they have been feeding them and they are somehow like cats and are territorial and protective over the cats they feed. This is my concern.

So as long as the lady is not interfering and don’t mind you feeding Shrimp and the rest should be ok. Too much peanuts are not so good. Some cats are allergic to nuts. But are you sure they are peanuts?

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just check with you, is this lady that you are talking about friendly and sincere. Why I ask you this is some people don’t like you feeding their cats, even if the cats are strays as they think the cats belongs to them, in a way yes as they have been feeding them and they are somehow like cats and are territorial and protective over the cats they feed. This is my concern.

So as long as the lady is not interfering and don’t mind you feeding Shrimp and the rest should be ok. Too much peanuts are not so good. Some cats are allergic to nuts. But are you sure they are peanuts?
Yes, the lady is friendly. She doesn't mind me feeding cats that she has fed. Yes, It is peanuts, the brand is "camel"

I am confused again.. Today I went to check on shrimp, he wasnt in the car parking area like yesterday, the cardboard box is gone, the paper about the town council got taped on again, because the paper was dropping. the container of peanuts got smaller. Greg is no where to be found. As I was buying extra stuff for cats and stuff, I came back and I saw a different cardboard box placed down the same place where greg and shrimp used to sleep.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I think you better double check and work with the lady on feeding and placing of the boxes. If she’s the ok kind, work together with her so that at least there’s no duplication of feedings and also you have one more person keeping an eye on the cats and maybe know their whereabouts.

Sometimes sweepers can chase them away or some passerby and that will scare the cats away. Make friends with the sweeper so that he can keep an eye for you too provided that he is not a cat hater. So be tactful when talking to them.

I know many places Town Council have posters on feeding strays but if you keep it clean, it should be ok. As long as the cats are not a nuisance and no mess and no fights and no complaints from the residences, the cats are safe.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think you better double check and work with the lady on feeding and placing of the boxes. If she’s the ok kind, work together with her so that at least there’s no duplication of feedings and also you have one more person keeping an eye on the cats and maybe know their whereabouts.

Sometimes sweepers can chase them away or some passerby and that will scare the cats away. Make friends with the sweeper so that he can keep an eye for you too provided that he is not a cat hater. So be tactful when talking to them.

I know many places Town Council have posters on feeding strays but if you keep it clean, it should be ok. As long as the cats are not a nuisance and no mess and no fights and no complaints from the residences, the cats are safe.
This is what I think of the situation.

Someone must've taken in the box, and Greg freaked out and ran away, which is what cats always do. There's dirty towels in the new cardboard box so either the lady/someone put down the box for cats. (Or not I really don't know) cats have been disappearing due to the bad weather, which makes it hard for me to feed them now, especially shy cats.

Is it okay if I just share with you one story about one of the stray cat that probably died and how him came into my life? I know it might not be a good thing sharing sad stories, but i never had a stray cat that I actually bonded with. (It's alright if you say no, a lot of people can't take sad cat stories.)

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
So there may be someone else besides you and the lady that is there. It could be also that the box was wet and damaged and someone took it and threw away thinking it’s was rubbish.

Sure, you can share your story but personally, I don’t like to hear and read sad cat stories. It makes me very sad.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
So there may be someone else besides you and the lady that is there. It could be also that the box was wet and damaged and someone took it and threw away thinking it’s was rubbish.

Sure, you can share your story but personally, I don’t like to hear and read sad cat stories. It makes me very sad.
Box wasn't wet I believe. It was indoors so I don't think a cat would be moving it outside. it was placed near the wall so the cat won't be able to move it without a human helping.

His story:

Theres a forum about him, he's a grumpy little cat named William. I met him on November and I really didn't know what to buy for cats or even, buy food for cats. My parents were strict and never allowed me to buy things for animals (which I think isn't fair because my parents bought bird food just for their birds and I am not allowed to buy food for the stray cats.)

I always seen him sitting there like a loaf of bread/turkey, which always made me laugh and in joy. He always look at me with his grumpy little eyes. He always like the birds and he looked like he didn't eat anything. I always walked by him and tried to give him water. He sat near the steps of the car park.
One day (January 8th) I wanted to check by him and he was laying on the steps with his eyes wide opened, tongue sticking out. He reminded me to keep the joy of him in my heart.

He is a miracle to me. I wouldn't have found this site and got good advice.
(I am really sorry if this made you tear up, I tried not to make it as emotional or sad as possible.)

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Could he be poisoned? I’m so sorry and hope you’ve gotten over it.

There are some cats that we look after in our area and sadly, two of them were poisoned. It was very sad for us too and till today, we don’t know who did it :confused2: :( :angryfire:

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please, when you are ready, post a tribute to that beautiful little boy on the Crossing the Bridge forum. Many people don't like to be reminded of the sadness in this world, but ignoring it doesn't make it go away. The pain can run deep, and to share it with people who have been there and are ready to help in whatever way we can brings comfort to a broken heart. We will ALL need comfort one day with our little ones, time is relentless in it's journey through life. We have to learn to be thankful for knowing them and having them in our life, not sad for the rest of ours, they would never want that.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Could he be poisoned? I’m so sorry and hope you’ve gotten over it.

There are some cats that we look after in our area and sadly, two of them were poisoned. It was very sad for us too and till today, we don’t know who did it :confused2: :( :angryfire:
He probably was. :redheartpump: Someone told me that a cat hater near my place decided to poison him and gave him in proper food.. I didn't know until now. I miss him so much now. My poor handsome baby.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
He probably was. :redheartpump: Someone told me that a cat hater near my place decided to poison him and gave him in proper food.. I didn't know until now. I miss him so much now. My poor handsome baby.
That’s the reason why I asked you not to disclose the location. In SG, we don’t disclose the location online

Last edited:

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update about shrimp - He's okay. He's sleeping in the new cardboard box and Greg is sleeping near it. (Greg is still indoors and in a shelter) Shrimp probably told him that the box is his, and Greg shouldn't be sleeping in it. I decided to placed a cardboard box that i had. Greg was still sleeping when I placed down the cardboard box.