Stray Cat Went Missing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
It’s hard to tell whether it was Shrimp that got her pregnant as how many not spayed and not neutered cats are around.

You bought a bed for her? Usually when they are about to give birth, they’ll look for places that are quiet and secluded away from humans. So I don’t know how your cat bed will fit in as she might not use it.

Do you see any volunteers that goes around feeding cats in your area? You may want to tie up with them and they know the cats that are in the area. It’ll be easier if you work with them rather than on your own.
I did asked someone afterwards, They said that they don't know about the kittens father. I bought a bed for her and she started to lay it when she was well fed.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh, that’s good to hear that she’s using the bed. Go make good friends with her and earn her trust.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
K Kittysodaa If these are outdoor cats it's much better to use straw as bedding. Blankets hold moisture and get mouldy too soon. There are lots of videos on YouTube that show you how to make a shelter for an outdoor cat.

Do you know of any groups that care for feral cats in your city? Before you start you need to understand that this can be very expensive and time consuming. You can't start to take care of cats and then quit in a few months time. They will have grown to depend on you by then and will really suffer if you can't feed them any more.

Maybe tabbytom tabbytom could help you find a TNR group in your area?

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
K Kittysodaa If these are outdoor cats it's much better to use straw as bedding. Blankets hold moisture and get mouldy too soon. There are lots of videos on YouTube that show you how to make a shelter for an outdoor cat.

Maybe tabbytom tabbytom could help you find a TNR group in your area?
Over here we don’t use straws and it’s not available here anyway and have already informed her not to use blankets as it is the rainy season here now.

I’ve already passed her some links and contacts.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Over here we don’t use straws and it’s not available here anyway and have already informed her not to use blankets as it is the rainy season here now.

I’ve already passed her some links and contacts.
Oh, thank you! That was kind of you. We don't use straw over here either, but if you can get the bedding they use for rabbits or guinea pigs that works as well.

:)

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh, thank you! That was kind of you. We don't use straw over here either, but if you can get the bedding they use for rabbits or guinea pigs that works as well.

:)
Over here, the scene of strays and Ferals and TNR are different. In certain areas, cats are not very safe from humans and it’s a sad thing for the cats.

TS has started another thread here Tips On Trapping Strays? where the links and contacts I passed her are.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Norachan Norachan Sorry for not getting to you all sooner. I'll just put down the time and what happened:

2:02pm: I checked the park, no cat.. Papers of "Lets hear from our town council" saying about not feeding strays, taped onto the wall. Shrimp was missing. I told my friend, "Maybe was Shrimp taken away from someone?"I decided to tell her to go home and search tomorrow.

6:35pm: Checked the park, cardboard box still had no cat. But I found Shrimp, at 6pm, at the literal car parking area. I moved him to the steps and he looked confused, He was looking weirdly at cars (which i think is a sign of shock/surprise) cause of their loud engine noises, couldn't fed him as I told my mom that i needed to eat (a excuse because i wanted to check the park) but in the rush, I didn't bring my cat food.

7:40: Came back to the park to see a grey and white tom/tabby with stripes (Greg) laying down sleeping at the cardboard box.
Greg was just sleeping, Makes me wonder what happened to shrimp, as it was raining heavily after I encountered shrimp at the car parking area. It wasn't raining when I met Greg, but it was pretty cold for him, So it was right for him to be laying at the box there.

I feel like Shrimp changed his timing of coming to the park. He comes at 6 now.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
About the pregnant cat, She apparently moved the bed somewhere else hidden. I have been leaving food and water down near the place where I placed the bed assuming she moved it somewhere near there.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It could be because that there’s another cat around and especially it’s a male cat. So Shrimp may not want to meet him as they are territorial.

Are you also feeding Greg?

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
About the pregnant cat, She apparently moved the bed somewhere else hidden. I have been leaving food and water down near the place where I placed the bed assuming she moved it somewhere near there.
Are you sure that the cat moved the bed and not taken away by people?

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yes, I am intending to feed him, but as I said in this forum, I don't know where to feed the cats anymore.
Ok, I just ran through that thread.

What you can do is feed them at another place that is less human traffic or away from human traffic. You don’t have to worry, if the cat recognizes you and you are always the one with food and always feeding at the same time, they’ll run to you if they sees you provided that they are already very familiar with you. If they are not that familiar with you yet, it just take awhile for them to get use to you and associate you with food.

Like the rest of the members mentioned in that thread, if you can afford the time and food, best is feed with wet food (can food), if not, then feed dry but make sure thay have fresh water each time you go there. Of course bowls of water can be tipped over which you can’t control because you are not there all the time but if they are really thirsty, they’ll find water themselves.

Once you have established a feeding routine, from far they can see you coming with food and they’ll hang around the place where you feed them.

Last edited:

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Also, a cat lady told me that the father of the kittens isn't Greg nor Shrimp. Now I am confused..
It is possible as male cats have a radius of roaming ground and it could be some Toms from another area that came and got her pregnant and left.

Kittysodaa

Giving Kitties A Home
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, I just ran through that thread.

What you can do is feed them at another place that is less human traffic or away from human traffic. You don’t have to worry, if the cat recognizes you and you are always the one with food and always feeding at the same time, they’ll run to you if they sees you provided that they are already very famous with you. If they are not that familiar with you yet, it just take awhile for them to get use to you and associate you with food.

Like the rest of the members mentioned in that thread, if you can afford the time and food, best is feed with wet food (can food), if not, then feed dry but make sure thay have fresh water each time you go there. Of course bowls of water can be tipped over which you can’t control because you are not there all the time but if they are really thirsty, they’ll find water themselves.

Once you have established a feeding routine, from far they can see you coming with food and they’ll hang around the place where you feed them.
Rain water isn't really hygienic, but that could be me worrying too much. Rain is pretty much everyday in January, so they should have a endless supply of water puddles. The only bad thing is, I encounter cats near a playground and a car parking area and IKEA, so what happens is, a lot of people come out from either (IKEA,Archorpoint) and come to the car parking area to basically come back, because thats the only way. I am busy until 2 and my dad is too. I don't know where go that has no humans there (elevators are in every block near the place i find cats) There's the park(with trees, rivers), which I think is illegal way to feed cats in. Theres also a table with benches, which is what I plan to feed them at.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Then it a possibility that one good them is the culprit.

How many are already spayed and neutered? If that are not, then there’ll be an explosion of kitten population in no time.

Can you work with the lady that feeds the cats and get help from volunteers from your area to help get them spayed and neutered?

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Ok, just one suggestion, please do not disclose the location as you know they are cat haters around. Can you edit your post and remove the location you mentioned?

If I need to know the location, I’ll PM you or you can let me know by PM too.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
For the time being, if Shrimp and Greg are the only two cats you are feeding right now, you can sort of find a pace to feed them. I do not recommend that you find all the cats and feed them at the same place as it’ll be drawing lots of attention. And moreover, not all cats like to eat together at the same and at the same place. They kind of eat where they hang around.

Don’t be too ambitious for now and just handle Shrimp and Greg first else too many will be overwhelming for you and you won’t be able to cope with it.