Stomach goes gargle

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m a bit scared as I need to make an appt for meow meow Monday and hope they can get her in soon. I’ve been feeding her the same stuff I always have but it seems like she has become sensitive to something. I feed her at 5am by 10am her system is making A LOT of noise and then she vomits. It seems to be her wet food only, fancy feast. Which seems to be the only thing she wants to eat since Tom’s passing. It doesn’t happen all the time so I’m not sure what the missing factor is. I don’t know what to try to feed her while waiting to see the vet.

Lumiafan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has she been using her litter box with regular frequency? Gurgling sounds have been identified as a sign of constipation, which is a lot more common in cats than I would've ever guessed.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is she eating more than one type/flavor of FF? If so, try logging the FF that she eats and recording which ones cause the stomach gurgling/vomiting. It sounds like there could be a specific ingredient - or two - in some of them that might be causing her problem. If there are other FF that she eats that don't cause the problem, then at least you could still give her those.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And yes she is using the litter box normally as far as I can tell. Still trying to get use to one cat instead of 2

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just realized the video I tried to attach in the first message isn’t there. Is there a trick to get it to post?

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*updated google video link didn't want to work, so removed it, hopefully new link below will work

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Clicking on the video box above does nothing but give a message that the video is still 'processing'. If I click on the option to download, or click on your link above, I get a message that says the file is too big to be scanned for viruses, so I stopped there. Not sure what is wrong at this point. Maybe it will work for someone else.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ok lets try this one, I hate Google Meow Meow
It might be your settings on dropbox, it says I need to sign in to access it and I don't have a dropbox account. I found out that was my problem when I used vimeo, the settings defaulted to account holders only, so I had to reset it.

Nothing can ever be simple, you know?!?!

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It might be your settings on dropbox, it says I need to sign in to access it and I don't have a dropbox account. I found out that was my problem when I used vimeo, the settings defaulted to account holders only, so I had to reset it.

Nothing can ever be simple, you know?!?!
hmm I wasn't logged in and it let me watch it.... I just exited it out of the log in pop up

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
hmm I wasn't logged in and it let me watch it.... I just exited it out of the log in pop up
I tried again and accessed it immediately. It sounds like what Feeby does every so often, but it has never led her to vomiting. She sometimes lays near my head at night, and I can hear that same kind of noise. I never know what triggers it, but since it doesn't end up in her throwing up, I just let it go.

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feed her the chicken flavor about an hour ago and so far no sounds, but since it took around 5 hours this morning all I can do it keep watch at the moment. Glad at least dropbox works kind of haha

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
FF changed their formulas and now almost every single flavor has fish in it with the exception of the Turkey and Giblets (at least that was the case last time I checked). My cats are now refusing to eat any of them.

Some people are comparing Tiny Tiger to FF, and there is also Sheba, which one of my cats will eat over FF any day. Hoping your food log will get you some answers. That or a change in brands.

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
FF changed their formulas and now almost every single flavor has fish in it with the exception of the Turkey and Giblets (at least that was the case last time I checked). My cats are now refusing to eat any of them.

Some people are comparing Tiny Tiger to FF, and there is also Sheba, which one of my cats will eat over FF any day. Hoping your food log will get you some answers. That or a change in brands.
Thanks for the brand suggestion I'll have to see if my local store has them. Funny, I just checked the label and the Beef one that she puked up this morning does not have fish in it. So at least that might not be the problem for her.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Beef does have fish in it, so does the chicken, but the turkey & giblets does not (just looked them up). The only other commonality is that both the beef and chicken have sodium nitrite in them for color retention. Otherwise, there are few differences. I originally thought you said beef & chicken combo, which does not have fish, but does have the sodium nitrite.

You can pretty much look all of the ingredients up for any of these on chewy.com. It looks like Tiny Tiger, or at least some of them, do not have fish. But the beef looks just about the same for TT as it does for FF - both fish and sodium nitrite.

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Beef does have fish in it, so does the chicken, but the turkey & giblets does not (just looked them up). The only other commonality is that both the beef and chicken have sodium nitrite in them for color retention. Otherwise, there are few differences. I originally thought you said beef & chicken combo, which does not have fish, but does have the sodium nitrite.

You can pretty much look all of the ingredients up for any of these on chewy.com. It looks like Tiny Tiger, or at least some of them, do not have fish.
Sorry I was just shorting beef and chicken combo to beef but yes it was the combo she vomited

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
About 2 hours done since the plain chicken flavor and so far I'm not hearing anything, 3 more hours to go to be safe. Edit: since it takes so long it makes me think intestines over stomach

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That doesn't mean much in terms of some food intolerance - that can be intestines as much as stomach related. However, causing a disruption in the intestines would seem to be less inclined to cause vomiting as much as it might cause stool issues. Not to say that feeling weird things going on in the intestines can't affect a cat so much that they would throw up. It simply could be whatever overall changes that have been made to FF in general. Feeby used to love FF, and now I can hardly get her to eat it. Maybe Merrick Purrfect Bistros might be another to try? Feeby does seem to like Sheba too, but a lot less flavor options with them. They do contain fish oil, but I didn't see any sodium nitrite in them.

How old is Meow meow?