Sombra

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has such intelligent eyes. You can just see the wheels turning in her head and she explores her new home.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , what's a torbie?

Juniper is a dilute tortie, so she's coat cousins with Sombra!
Etarre Etarre - The short answer is that a Torbie shows a combination of tortoiseshell and tabby markings (Tortie + Tabby = Torbie), here with the dilution gene expressed as well. The long answer is long, and if you were asking for an explanation of the gene expressions specifically, would better placed in the Cat Breeds, Breeding and Showing forum.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
golondrina golondrina AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Agree with 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine that it's one of the BEST photos ever.
Sombra is a true little beauty!
You know, we had lost our beloved angel Simba some years back, and we had to take our sweet Sunny in for his checkup and innoculations as he was surviving with FIP, and one of our vet techs said she had found two kittens, adopted one, and would I want to see the other. I thought, "No" because it was so soon after beloved Simba left us, but there was a voice in my mind saying, "Adopt this kitten. Take her home and give her all the love you shared with me. She is in need. Love her." I did. My beloved angel Rani was so much like Simba in so many ways! especially in her sweetness, loyalty and devotion.
Don't you feel someone watching from on high, approving and very glad? :angelcat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes tarasgirl, Sombra is following so much Cucumella's path that it seems miraculous. She already follows me around the house, lies on on my desk when I am busy at it, sits on a chair next to me when I am eating, sits on my lap whenever I sit on a couch. She doesn't sleep alongside against my chest like Cucumella used to do but she sleeps in her bed placed on my bed after a fairly long "goodnight kneading" on my chest.

And YES, I already love her and couldn't do without her. And feel Cucumella is approving wherever she is. Be it as it may I realize that I am a very fortunate cats' mom.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes tarasgirl, Sombra is following so much Cucumella's path that it seems miraculous. She already follows me around the house, lies on on my desk when I am busy at it, sits on a chair next to me when I am eating, sits on my lap whenever I sit on a couch. She doesn't sleep alongside against my chest like Cucumella used to do but she sleeps in her bed placed on my bed after a fairly long "goodnight kneading" on my chest.

And YES, I already love her and couldn't do without her. And feel Cucumella is approving wherever she is.
I truly believe cats are more angelic beings than we could ever realize, and because they are, they watch over us from above and send us comfort so that we are not overcome with sorrow. If we are open and observing, we can see so much the truth of this! Sombra is so beautiful and certainly Cucumella is giving her messages so that she does the "right" things for you. Don't you think?