Sombra

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so excited for you and Sombra golondrina golondrina ! Wonderful news that you have adopted. Best wishes for you and her! Sombra is a beauty, can't wait to see more pictures! Congratulations!!
Thank you donnae. I'll be posting new photos after her arrival at home this evening.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sombra arrived punctually at 6 pm. She spent the first half hour or so hiding
under the furniture, behind the curtains, under the beds, etc. You won't believe this but 2 hours later she was sitting on my lap, climbing on my chest and licking my face. I had been warned that it would take some time before she accepted me, perhaps even several days. She is already following me around the place, has already discovered my desk and is lying on the same corner Cucumella used to. When I sat the kitchen table she sat on a chair at my side. I have taken photos of all this but I don't know what I have done wrong because I have got them all in an album instead of the usual "images" page and I cannot upload them to the TCS from there. I hope one of my grandsons will sort this out for me this weekend. I'm so mad with myself.

It is already almost 11pm so I'll say nighty night, sleep tight. :sleepycat: I wonder if Sombra will follow me also to bed. I will be reporting on this tomorrow.

I cannot tell you folks how happy I am that it has been so easy to win Sombra's trust.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You won't believe this but 2 hours later she was sitting on my lap, climbing on my chest and licking my face.
golondrina golondrina - I would have been surprised had she not been on your lap almost immediately. Some things are simply pre-ordained - ordered from a place and by a power of which we have no knowledge.

Cats know Love and a great Heart because they can see more deeply and more easily than can Humans, and you, my Friend, have one of the greatest Hearts ever made by the hand of God.

Congratulations to both of you, and welcome to the promise of Love for all time, Sombra.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sombra arrived punctually at 6 pm. She spent the first half hour or so hiding
under the furniture, behind the curtains, under the beds, etc. You won't believe this but 2 hours later she was sitting on my lap, climbing on my chest and licking my face. I had been warned that it would take some time before she accepted me, perhaps even several days. She is already following me around the place, has already discovered my desk and is lying on the same corner Cucumella used to. When I sat the kitchen table she sat on a chair at my side. I have taken photos of all this but I don't know what I have done wrong because I have got them all in an album instead of the usual "images" page and I cannot upload them to the TCS from there. I hope one of my grandsons will sort this out for me this weekend. I'm so mad with myself.

It is already almost 11pm so I'll say nighty night, sleep tight. :sleepycat: I wonder if Sombra will follow me also to bed. I will be reporting on this tomorrow.

I cannot tell you folks how happy I am that it has been so easy to win Sombra's trust.
A cat mom with so much love to give and a little cat longing to be loved :redheartpump::redheartpump:...I knew that nothing could go wrong. I am overjoyed, golondrina golondrina !!!
I wish both of you plenty of tender moments and joy.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all of youfor being always so present at the sad and happy times. :touched::touched:

Sombra followed me to the bedroom last night, climbed next to me and spent sometime kneading on my chest. When I turned off the light she climbed into her own bed I had placed on my bed* and slept ALL NIGHT. It is now 8:25a.m. Right now she is on my desk next to me, trying to get to my cup of coffee. No sense of good manners.:devilcat2:

*following a suggestion from the shelter. Sombra had her own bed overthere.

Last edited:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all of youfor being always so present at the sad and happy times. :touched::touched:

Sombra followed me to the bedroom last night, climbed next to me and spent sometime kneading on my chest. When I turned off the light she climbed into her own bed I had placed on my bed* and slept ALL NIGHT. It is now 8:25a.m. Right now she is on my desk next to me, trying to get to my cup of coffee. No sense of good manners.:devilcat2:

*following a suggestion from the shelter. Sombra had her own bed overthere.
No doubt about it; Sombra likes you, golondrina golondrina . And you are definitely very fond of that little kitty :petcat:. It's heartwarming to read about the way you and Sombra interact ... I can't wait to see the pictures...

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you PushPurrCatPaws and Etarre. I cannot express how thankful I am to my TCS friends who have encouraged me to adopt a new kitten after my loss of my beloved Cucumella.
I am been very luck to have fallen for Sombra, she is so sweet and affectionate and has adapted so easily that I have the impression she has always been here
with me.

I had promised myself not to compare her with Cucumella or expect the same reactions and actitudes. But I cannot help to do so because so many Sombra's ways are so much like Cucumella's. Even the way she will stand on the floor in front of me looking straight into my eyes trying to communicate. The only difference is that Sombra miaols when doing this while Cucumella didn't.