Share Your Indoor Plant Pictures

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are our cats talking to each other and deliberately messing with our plants? :devilish:

W WillowMarie W Willowy Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily have your cats bothered the plants lately?
I was wondering the same thing since many of you mentioned your cats getting into the plants! My kittens, at my rental by school, did get into my plants, so they are not allowed to be near them now. My plants are kept in my old room upstairs and the door is kept closed. I'm sure if the had access they would have a field day! Their favorite thing to do is pluck my lithops and sempervium roots and all out of the soil and just place them back in the pot where I wonder why they look odd and notice they were all pulled up. :lol:

I did have a small oppsie with my plants... half my succulents were left out over night...!! And it frosted in the 30's... Thought I had brought them in, but only grabbed one tray last night I guess. Hope they will be okay. More are sending offshoots out, so they must be happy. Has anyone else with succulents noticed they are making more offshoots? I wondered if the chillier mornings when I put them out when it was in the 40's triggered them to grow offshoots due to cooler or more stressful temps.

I need to buy an indoor lamp as well as it may be too cold for my plants to be outside during the day and they seem to be reacting already to reduced sun exposure with the shortening days.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I discovered the leaves on the floor Sombra was looking at them without touching them.So I'm not sure that she did it on purpose. Also usually when she has been naughty, scratching something for instance, she runs away from me when I have discovered the results. But on this ocasion she just stayed put looking at them and at me. Hopefully it was an accident. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cats are terrible little beasts when it comes to plants. If they get a chance they'll shred one to pieces. I have 3 of these little Ikea greenhouses, that's the only way I can have plants indoors. All the plants are in now, so far so good.

SOCKER Greenhouse, white indoor/outdoor - IKEA

I have one of those. The cats knocked it over once and one of the panes shattered :oops: The plants that were inside survived but it was a mess to clean up. It's currently empty as all the plants are on my cart. The succulent garden may have to go in if Leroy won't leave it alone.

I really want a fancy large Wardian case like these for plants:

https://longwoodgardens.org/sites/default/files/highlight_images/126888.jpg

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, my cats broke one of the panes too. I replaced it with cross-stitch mesh for better air flow and SO FAR they haven't busted anything. Fortunately it was a side where visibility isn't very important. I also now use Command velcro to stick them to the windowsill so it's harder (but not impossible, sadly) for the cats to knock them over.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plant updates.

DSC_0079.JPG

See all the new offshoots at the top? Atleast two.
DSC_0080.JPG

Two offshoots again. One is very low.
DSC_0082.JPG
DSC_0083.JPG

This was my first little fairy garden that the plants all seemed to die, but seems one has been growing and alive. yeah! You grow little thing.
DSC_0084.JPG

Even the little baby on the right has a little offshoot. See the pink on the lower one??
DSC_0085.JPG

DSC_0092.JPG

My sad velveety plant. Not sure if it will survive. Maybe Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily can send some of her awesome propagating vibes my way. :vibes: :)
DSC_0086.JPG

Lots of little offshoots.
DSC_0088.JPG
DSC_0089.JPG
DSC_0090.JPG
DSC_0091.JPG
DSC_0093.JPG

This one hasn't been growing a lot and wondering if it is a winter grower.
DSC_0094.JPG

Can you spot the babies?
DSC_0095.JPG

Some pink getting stronger on the tips
DSC_0096.JPG

The two offshoots getting bigger. One from stem and one came from the soil.
DSC_0097.JPG

Two offshoots. One coming from the lower left leaf armpit, and one came out of the bottom and growing big.
DSC_0099.JPG

More pink tips!
DSC_0102.JPG
DSC_0103.JPG
DSC_0104.JPG

Lots of offshoots
DSC_0105.JPG
DSC_0106.JPG

This one is super happy and sending out many, many offshoots.
DSC_0108.JPG
DSC_0109.JPG
DSC_0110.JPG
DSC_0111.JPG

These seem to be still alive? I water it occasionally and it seems to firm up.
DSC_0113.JPG

Lithops
DSC_0114.JPG
DSC_0115.JPG
DSC_0116.JPG

Ones at the top need to planted and are ready as well as the bottom ones.
DSC_0117.JPG

Babies are doing well and growing. Have kept these inside and they are doing much better than the ones I tried acclimating outside.
DSC_0118.JPG
DSC_0119.JPG

The two strings and the one on the left are growing roots and still need to be planted. These are in the water still.
DSC_0120.JPG

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone who has seen my garden, will know - I'm not a gardener. Indoors I have a small area with cat-friendly plants in a dark corner using LED-plant lights. My research into cat-friendly plants unearthed lots of uncertainties. It seems that practically all plants can be poisonous to cats if they eat enough of them. If you have a cat who eats everything, you probably should not have any plants at all. My cats leave most plants alone so I can safely grow herbs and I even have a hibiscus. It recently produced a lovely large bloom which I have included here. I wonder if it will keep flowering in the winter.

IMG_20201013_174635_resized_20201016_105149794.jpg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mr Gru :clap:

My research into cat-friendly plants unearthed lots of uncertainties. It seems that practically all plants can be poisonous to cats if they eat enough of them. If you have a cat who eats everything, you probably should not have any plants at all. My cats leave most plants alone so I can safely grow herbs and I even have a hibiscus. It recently produced a lovely large bloom which I have included here. I wonder if it will keep flowering in the winter.

Cat grass and cat nip are two cat-friendly plants that will not cause any harm if ingested in large amounts. The most that will happen is :barf:and an upset tummy.

If your cats leave the current plants alone, you could try adding a few more pet-friendly plants. Maybe put them up on shelves or something to discourage any initial curiosity.

I started some cat grass for Leroy in a paper drinking cup. I need to buy more seeds.

I saw this online, a three tier hydroponic wheat grass grass growing system. I'm sure oat grass and other safe grasses can also be grown. Leroy would be :cloud9: mowing down the grass until his tummy decides it all needs to come back out :barf::barf:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Are our cats talking to each other and deliberately messing with our plants? :devilish:
The reason I got my first cactus is that I thought here, finally, is a plant that Hiro won't try to eat. He didn't try to eat it, but he decided it made a great chin scratcher. I used to have to carefully de-fuzz the cactus with a darning needle and a pair of tweezers several times a week.

:rolleyes3:
Monstera's new leaves.
So green and shiny! They look beautiful.

It's starting to get cold here. I wonder how my succulents will do over the winter? I've noticed everything seems to be slowing down after their summer growth spurt.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The reason I got my first cactus is that I thought here, finally, is a plant that Hiro won't try to eat. He didn't try to eat it, but he decided it made a great chin scratcher. I used to have to carefully de-fuzz the cactus with a darning needle and a pair of tweezers several times a week.

:rolleyes3:
That's too funny! I'm always worried my cats will get hurt if they interact with my cactus, but guess your kitty found a way to put the cactus to good use.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of babies potted
20201017_172804.jpg

Added some color to spice up the pot and keep the little ones company. There are 3 kinds with 4 each with 1 in the middle. The middle one had an oppsie and the top came off. We'll see if it grows.
20201017_173112.jpg

Couple more babies.
20201017_172814.jpg

The strings in an old soap dispenser and the babies in a nessie ladle I bought off wish. Drilled holes today.
20201017_173225.jpg

The strings with the container suction cupped onto the glass.

20201017_173828.jpg

Pineapple seems a no go for me. Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily did you put yours straight on soil or let it dry first? Where did you cut yours? Mine was already a little old when I chopped it up. It got moldy sitting out.
20201017_173848.jpg

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
W WillowMarie - I love your succulents! Can't wait to see when the little garden grows up more. Already super cute! And good ides repurposing the soap dispenser.

My first pineapple plant, I twisted the top off and stuck it in dirt and it started growing roots almost immediately. It just outgrew the little terracotta pot it was in and I had to put it into a much bigger pot. I didn't let it dry or anything. It was fresh when I planted it. My second one rotted in the middle. No idea why since it was growing roots. But now I just have the one. I've heard people say to plant more than one or just keep trying because they won't always catch the first time. They also don't like being watered too much. I spray mine down once a week lightly and it's fine.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's neat way to re-purpose a broken soap dispenser W WillowMarie 👍

I have cat grass growing for Leroy. It's day 2 and the seeds are just barely starting to sprout.

The other plants are doing ok. The peperomia still has droopy leaves and some do fall off but I haven't watered it in about week. I looked at the ones at the supermarket today and those plants look ok with just a few droopy leaves. My plant gets bright indirect sun and the room temp is about 70F. The pilea aquarmarine doesn't seem to need much water. I gave it a little bit of water a few days ago and the soil is still moist. The other pilea is growing well. I don't think I've watered that one since I repotted it. All the succulents are good. They definitely don't need as much water these days.