Sammie's Not Doing So Well..... :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys! This is a copy of the text I sent my friend this morning. I pray she clots ok, so ok to do anesthesia. I don't want to make that call & something go bad... :(

Just dropped her off ☹ said will do test for clotting first, if not good will call me before anesthesia. I hope ok, cause don't want to make that call to do or not....

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't remember what it's called. She talked about it this morning. It was some letters I think. B.....something?
Just got home. No news yet, so praying no news is good news!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could it be the Prothrombin Time Test?
I have no idea..

I'm hoping for the best, too, Kelly. Inflammation really is better than cancer.

If you want to look into more pet insurance, here's a review of different plans. You probably won't be able to get it for pre-existing conditions.

Compare Cat Insurance | Pet Insurance Review[

Thanks. Yeah, this would be pre-exsisting. I spoke to Pets best last night.
I'd been wanting to get some, but was trying to get the care credit paid off first...:(

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm assuming all went well with the clotting test, since I didn't hear from them.
(& It's now a little after 3:00). They don't take appointments between 2 & 4 because that's when they do surgeries & proceedures.
So as I like to say, "fingers crossed, prayers up!" Hopefully I'll hear something soon!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry I'm late catching up but wanted you to know I'm rooting for Sammie and you. :hugs: Please keep us updated after you come home from the vet and get settled in. Fingers crossed for both of you. :crossfingers:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks neely!
UPDATE:
Ok guys. The vet said she took about 8 samples/ slides to send to pathology. We should have the results back by Fri.
Mon at the latest. She looked at her heart on the ultrasound while she was under, & looks fine, so is Not congestive heart failure.
There was also something else she saw in the abdomen ( part that helps secrete the intestins) .Said it's either a lymph node, or a small mass, but was too small to asperate.
So, most likely, it's something w/ the liver (disease) or lympoma. If it's lymphoma, it will respond to steriods. ( If we don't do, or have to do exploritory, if slides aren't good), but feel like w/ the amount she took, we should get a good result. She also drained another 90cc's of fluid from her right side.
(Sat was 150 CC's!) So that does worry me that it's only been 4 days & she had more to drain. :(
So all I can do is wait fir the results. Which neither sound good to me!! :frown:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She also drained another 90cc's of fluid from her right side.
(Sat was 150 CC's!) So that does worry me that it's only been 4 days & she had more to drain. :(
When my cat had fluids in her chest, the vet would drain 120-140 ml each time, and we saw that the fluids were back after 5 days, but we also saw that 120-140 ml were a point of balance, it wouldn't get more than that even after months. So I wouldn't worry about it.
Just do not have your cat drained too often. The vets told me that 5 times is the highest number of drainings possible.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info. Yes, you are right Cindy, that's what the invoice says. PPT.

Ok, this is weird. I noticed since she's been home, she's purring loud, (had a dose of pain meds at vets). but then after a while swallows a little hard. I counted 17 purrs 1,st, then 14, then the swallow. Is that weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.